Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition

BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition
Have an interest in BMW motorcycles or just motorcycles in general? Discuss the line of BMW motorcycles and how they may compare to the rest of the competition in this forum!

Old 12-09-2011, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 328i
My R90/6 Build Thread

My search for an airhead ended when I finally got in contact with the guy who owned this 76 r90/6. I found it on craigslist and after a week of trying to get in contact with him I heard back. They had been on vacation and to my surprise still had the motorcycle. Talked to him on the phone and made a plan to take off that Saturday for the 5 hour drive to get it. To out surprise the bike ended up being in better shape than the picture he had on craigslist made it appear to be.

Money was exchanged we loaded the bike up and headed back home. This winter brings a full overhaul on the bike. The bike will be painted wimbledon white with the classic bmw pinstripe done in black. Motor will be getting painted black also. So with an attempt to keep this as short as possible here are the pictures. I picked it up last Saturday.

First time seeing the bike in person at the sellers home

All loaded up for the big trip home

Unloaded the bike into my dads shop where we will be doing all the work on it this winter.

Sunday the day after I picked it up decided to start taking her apart.

Last night pulled the motor/transmission and touched up the paint on the frame.

After touching up the frame, started sandblasting the parts we could to prep them for paint. This is a comparison of the sandblasted vs non sandblasted

The goal this weekend is to get the rest of the motor cleaned and sandblast what ever parts we can to get the motor ready to paint. This is all the progress so far but I will continually update this thread!
Advertisement