Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 12-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Michael Schott Michael Schott is offline
Moderator
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,202
Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
I have driven a new N20 528i, I did not like the steering, and the N20 was crap revving above 4500. I don't think these two issues will change in the F30, but still I am willing to wait and drive the F30.

BTW, I don't want to go back to E46, the E90 is the right size for me.

If you care to debate, do so, just don't argue like a lady.
Don't be a jackass. Grow up.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 12-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Michael Schott Michael Schott is offline
Moderator
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,202
Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
You can not be serious. The only thing those two cars share is the engine. the driving dynamics of the f30 will be far superior to the 528. The car is 500lbs less...that means something. To say the cars will drive similar is a very uneducated opinion imo....
I agree with you. It's a terrible argument to equate the F30 328i to the F10 528i. Absolutely worthless. I had a 528i loaner in the previous model 5 series. It had an AT and drove absolutely nothing like my 328i. Two different cars and different target markets.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 12-28-2011, 02:14 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,734
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
I agree with you. It's a terrible argument to equate the F30 328i to the F10 528i. Absolutely worthless. I had a 528i loaner in the previous model 5 series. It had an AT and drove absolutely nothing like my 328i. Two different cars and different target markets.
Yea, there are some serious trolls in here...e90 owners that are writing off the F30 for the dumbest ****...almost insecure like...e90 is an amzing car, ive owned 3 lol but reading people say the steering will suck when they never driven the damn car, 5-60 times...i mean come on

anyone talking **** about the f30 is an idiot till they drive the car, and then tell me a legitmate reason why they dont like. But yea, saying a f30 328 and f10 528 will drive the same is beyond insane.

im also notcing some of those who are not liking the f30, looks like they recently got there e90's...all im saying is reserve judgement until you drvie the car. Or check out the z4 28i. same engine, weight, zf8
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 12-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Saintor's Avatar
Saintor Saintor is offline
Abuser of everything
Location: MTL
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,752
Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Yea, there are some serious trolls in here...e90 owners that are writing off the F30 for the dumbest ****...almost insecure like...e90 is an amzing car, ive owned 3 lol but reading people say the steering will suck when they never driven the damn car, 5-60 times...i mean come on

anyone talking **** about the f30 is an idiot till they drive the car, and then tell me a legitmate reason why they dont like. But yea, saying a f30 328 and f10 528 will drive the same is beyond insane.

im also notcing some of those who are not liking the f30, looks like they recently got there e90's...all im saying is reserve judgement until you drvie the car. Or check out the z4 28i. same engine, weight, zf8
Relax your butt, again. I am sure that the F30 will drive better than the F10. The other guy expressed concerns, nobody is insulting you and you have no reason to act like a fool. Keep your little emotions down.

BTW, 5-60mph is much more important than 0-60mph and according to Car&Driver, the Z4 N20 doesn't do any better than the 528i N52 (3-400lbs heavier) for that measurement.
__________________
2007 E90 AW 323i Step | Lowered 1.25"/1" | BMW Performance Exhaust | Debadged | Scangauge II | Style 162 18" & 161 17" wheels & rear 15mm spacers

Last edited by Saintor; 12-28-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 12-28-2011, 03:15 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,734
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
Relax your butt, again. I am sure that the F30 will drive better than the F10. The other guy expressed concerns, nobody is insulting you and you have no reason to act like a fool. Keep your little emotions down.

BTW, 5-60mph is much more important than 0-60mph and according to Car&Driver, the Z4 N20 doesn't do any better than the 528i N52 (3-400lbs heavier) for that measurement.
They are estimating c'mon bro....no one really thinks the car with same engine and 500lbs extra weight is going to be same time as f30...at least i hope not
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 12-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Saintor's Avatar
Saintor Saintor is offline
Abuser of everything
Location: MTL
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,752
Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
They are estimating
Not estimating, measuring. That's why that they are calling it "C/D TEST RESULTS". 5-60mph in 7.0 for an automatic 528i N52 and 7.1s for a manual Z4 N20.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...-bmw-528i-test
See Car&Driver 11/2011 for Z4 N20 results, not online.

I am interested in a future F30 but the 4-cyl. pill is far from having passed so far, specially after having driven a car with this engine. I would have preferred by far a larger NA engine with direct injection.
__________________
2007 E90 AW 323i Step | Lowered 1.25"/1" | BMW Performance Exhaust | Debadged | Scangauge II | Style 162 18" & 161 17" wheels & rear 15mm spacers

Last edited by Saintor; 12-28-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 12-28-2011, 05:11 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
They are estimating c'mon bro....no one really thinks the car with same engine and 500lbs extra weight is going to be same time as f30...at least i hope not
He was saying the new N20 Z4, which is close to the F30 in weight, did no better than the old N52 528i in 5-60.

Meaning the new N20 Z4 is already doing 5-60 worse than the N52 E90.

At a minimum, both saintor and I did each drive an N20 model. As biased as you think we are, we do have basis for our assessment, you don't, not yet.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 12-28-2011, 09:28 PM
davidc1 davidc1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NYC metro
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 398
Mein Auto: E84 / E70
5-60mph alone, does not a great car make. I had major reservations about the E9x after two E46s. Have seen similar rants about how BMW was losing its way. No need to be a wet blanket before F30 even hits the U.S. showrooms.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 12-29-2011, 04:49 AM
7or8 7or8 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: RI
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 179
Mein Auto: '09 335i msport
^--- This
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms