Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions

Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions
Please post your comments, ideas, or suggestions here.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:11 AM

Mein Auto: 1991 318i BMW
Panjo sucks!

I have tried to post using the Panjo interface on two different BMW forums and it never works. Why do you need a third party to manage classifieds??
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2016, 08:27 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmedley View Post
. Why do you need a third party to manage classifieds??

Uh, $$$$$$$$

As I understand it, the forum can monetize their classified using this.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:35 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i
I agree. I was going to post my stock F30 Msport wheels on here but I'm not paying a third party site to "sell" them.

Last edited by tim330i; 01-26-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:24 PM

Mein Auto: F01-750i
I totally agree.. its like E-Bay... but then I don't even see it posted onto the classified...

Smart business move though...
Old 01-12-2017, 07:36 AM

Mein Auto: '08 e61 535ix LCI
Why don't my Panjo Listings show up?

I have posted my parts for sale on Panjo for 2 different forums. I get that I have to pay the commissions - however - the listings don't show up in the Forums I want to sell into. How do we get the listings to show up? J
Old 01-26-2017, 03:14 PM
Bimmerfest.com Founder

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
To have your Panjo listing show up on Bimmerfest you must link your two accounts.

Bimmerfest does not make anything off the sale of items. The goal was to provide a better classifieds system and listing. Before Panjo we had too many item listings that were incomplete, without photos or other critical details like price, location, etc. Panjo helps us provide a better classifieds to everyone and it is free. There is no cost to list your item or sell it if you use payment outside of Panjo.

Tim
Old 02-27-2017, 06:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 530i Sport
How long does it take for a listing to show up once the account is linked.? I created the listing on Panjo first then linked my Bimmerfest account. Do I need to erase the original listing and re-create it now that the accounts are linked?

I'm gonna jump on the why did we need the third party (Panjo) bank wagon. IMO if somebody creates a crappy listing that is their fault. The item won't sell. I don't see how using a third party site really improves the quality of the listings.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:28 PM

Mein Auto: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4trains View Post
How long does it take for a listing to show up once the account is linked.? I created the listing on Panjo first then linked my Bimmerfest account. Do I need to erase the original listing and re-create it now that the accounts are linked?

I'm gonna jump on the why did we need the third party (Panjo) bank wagon. IMO if somebody creates a crappy listing that is their fault. The item won't sell. I don't see how using a third party site really improves the quality of the listings.
No need to erase your original listing and re-create it, just make sure to select the subforum category where you'd like your thread to be generated.

- Brian
Old 02-28-2017, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadpanjo View Post
No need to erase your original listing and re-create it, just make sure to select the subforum category where you'd like your thread to be generated.

- Brian
I selected "Bimmerfest" and then the "Tools and Miscellaneous" subforum. Still not showing up.

I know it's operator error and I can usually figure these things out but this is frustrating. Something so simple has been made so complicated, for no good reason.

I will recreate the listing from home where I have access to the pictures and see what happens. I don't get the option to post the listing to bimmerfest.com even if I edit the listing.

Last edited by crazy4trains; 02-28-2017 at 05:16 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
I selected "Bimmerfest" and then the "Tools and Miscellaneous" subforum. Still not showing up.

I know it's operator error and I can usually figure these things out but this is frustrating. Something so simple has been made so complicated, for no good reason.

I will recreate the listing from home where I have access to the pictures and see what happens. I don't get the option to post the listing to bimmerfest.com even if I edit the listing.
What's your Panjo username? I'd be happy to look into this for you and help you with your listing(s).

- Brian
Old 02-28-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadpanjo View Post
What's your Panjo username? I'd be happy to look into this for you and help you with your listing(s).

- Brian
PM with requested info sent.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:12 PM

The listing now shows up here and I thank you for that!

Not all the pictures display. Any thoughts on that?

Also, I don't want to sell and/or process payment via Panjo. I just want to communicate via PM and use PayPal for payment as indicated in my listing. My understanding is that I don't need to use Panjo for the buy/sell/payment process, only for the listing process. Is this still the case? I saw no way that I could tell Panjo, or any other site for that matter, that I only wanted to process payment myself through PayPal. The "Buy Now" button links directly to Panjo. I want to make that "Buy Now" button disappear. Is this possible?

Thanks again for any insight.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
The listing now shows up here and I thank you for that!

Not all the pictures display. Any thoughts on that?

Also, I don't want to sell and/or process payment via Panjo. I just want to communicate via PM and use PayPal for payment as indicated in my listing. My understanding is that I don't need to use Panjo for the buy/sell/payment process, only for the listing process. Is this still the case? I saw no way that I could tell Panjo, or any other site for that matter, that I only wanted to process payment myself through PayPal. The "Buy Now" button links directly to Panjo. I want to make that "Buy Now" button disappear. Is this possible?

Thanks again for any insight.
Amazon's web servers are currently down and may impact some of the performance in the marketplace (including photo hosting).

Whenever you make a sale, you have the option to accept or reject any sale and decide whether you'd like to process payment on Panjo.

- Brian
Old 02-28-2017, 04:27 PM
Registered Troublemaker

Mein Auto: 2002 M3
Couldn't agree more, OP. I hate panjo.

2011 E90 M3, Melbourne Red Metallic, Fox Red/Black, 6-speed, Premium 2, Heated seats, iPod/USB, Apex ARC 8's, Technic harness, JL 6/600

2016 X5 40e, Mineral White/Black, ZLL, ZCW, ZDA, ZDB, ZPP, Side Shades, Multi-contour seats, HK
Old 03-07-2017, 05:46 AM

Allow me to fan the flames further. Ever since I joined Panjo the amount of spam email I am receiving on my yahoo email account has increase by a multiplier of 10.

Not only that but I get an email from Panjo that indicates somebody has contacted me requesting personal information. At least they made this contact with me to warn of the fraudulent behavior, but the spam thing is ridiculous!!!
Old 03-07-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Allow me to fan the flames further. Ever since I joined Panjo the amount of spam email I am receiving on my yahoo email account has increase by a multiplier of 10.

Not only that but I get an email from Panjo that indicates somebody has contacted me requesting personal information. At least they made this contact with me to warn of the fraudulent behavior, but the spam thing is ridiculous!!!
For clarity, Panjo does not share or sell any member email addresses. All Panjo browsing occurs over a secure, encrypted https connection. Any increase in spam volume should have nothing to do with Panjo. You might have meant that Panjo was spamming you??? Panjo sends a max of one email a day if any sellers tagged a new listing with a tag you are following. If you are following a popular tag on Panjo like BMW, then you probably get one email a day. If you follow a more narrow tag like 325is, then you will get fewer emails.

Right now, you have to land on a tag page on Panjo to follow or unfollow that tag. By the end of the week, Panjo is releasing a page to add, edit, and delete all the tags you follow so you can more quickly customize the contents of your "new listing" notifications from Panjo.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:58 AM

Mein Auto: E36 M3, E39 M5
Join the Facebook group called "azbmwcrew", thats where everyone seems to hang out.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions
Today's Posts Search