Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions

Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions
Please post your comments, ideas, or suggestions here.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:52 PM

Mein Auto: E 38 1995 740 IA
how to use the pages

I am too old and I don`t know for example how to reply to normal and private messages.
When I was young the VCRs could be repaired by welding. Trust me. I have done that.
What I am looking for is a brief users manual to your pages. For example when I try to reply to someones dilemma the computer says that the answer is too short. I have added at least a hundred letters and still the computer says that my reply was too short...I don`t understand. Someone help me please...
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2014, 07:02 PM

Mein Auto: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by transporter1740 View Post
I am too old and I don`t know for example how to reply to normal and private messages.
When I was young the VCRs could be repaired by welding. Trust me. I have done that.
What I am looking for is a brief users manual to your pages. For example when I try to reply to someones dilemma the computer says that the answer is too short. I have added at least a hundred letters and still the computer says that my reply was too short...I don`t understand. Someone help me please...
You must have used "Reply with Quote" or just clicked the "Quote" button to try to reply. And in typing your reply you must have done it within the "Quote" which appear at the beginning and end of the message you're replying to.

I have made the same mistake before and it used to bewilder me.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:22 PM

Mein Auto: E 38 1995 740 IA
740 performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Choo View Post
You must have used "Reply with Quote" or just clicked the "Quote" button to try to reply. And in typing your reply you must have done it within the "Quote" which appear at the beginning and end of the message you're replying to.

I have made the same mistake before and it used to bewilder me.
Thank You
Old 10-19-2014, 07:38 PM

Mein Auto: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by transporter1740 View Post
Thank You
I see you caught on fast.

One is never too old for the computer. It's a matter of our will to learn something new. The computer is actually very primitive, using only a combination or sequence of one's and zeroes or "off" and "on" switches to mean something.

My wife has an 80plus year-old aunt who carries an ipad wherever she goes. We just have to keep our minds active, and what better way than to use computers and such gizmos, other wise we'll go the way of dementia, alzheimer's and what-have-you.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Have you reviewed our new member guide? http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=384118

Take a look, I think that will help you out.

Tim