Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:05 PM

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 745LI
vacuum pump! please

guys,

im trying replace my leaking vacuum pump o rings...i have a replacement for both inside and outside o-rings. i already took the vacuum pump out, however, i just cant seem to get the 4 hex screws out to open.The screw are too tight, i even spreaded PB and let it sit for hours...it just wont come off! i dont even thing the inside o-ring is leaking.. can i just replace the outside o-ring, will this fix my leaking problem?
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Nothing
Hey there, sorry I don't have an answer for you but I am about to replace my vacuum pump all together.. I believe it's making a tapping noise, and I am getting a bad oil leak in that location and have already changed the oil sender.. can you tell me where on these pumps the leaks form? I see all the oil below it, but where on the pump is it coming from? Thanks!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:26 PM

hey, not sure...exactly if the leak if from the inner o-ring, or the outer o-ring. there are 2 o-rings...i just felt below the pump and it had a lot of oil residue. not too bad to remove, i just cannot seem to get this stupid 4 hex screws off in order to replace the inner o-ring.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:27 PM

i spreaded some bolt loosen-er...let it seat for hours, they still wont come out..any suggestions? thanks
Old 12-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Nothing
Well don't strip them.. I know we tried to get the bolts off my trans pan and they were torx and started to strip, and even broke a Mac tools torx bit and twisted a Snapon bit.. I don't know what kind of head they have on them but maybe try some clamps.. viscripts or however you spell them.. I don't know what the unit looks like or where you are working, but the only other things to get bolts out are spray or heat (torch).