Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Old 11-15-2011, 03:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335D
Window Rattle?

Has anyone experienced window rattling, which has been a problem since E46 days? I had it on my brand new car, which was on the lot for almost 10 months before I bought. When i asked the SA he said there was a SB to fix this and he needed a day to do it.

Wondering if anyone had any experience doing this SB to fix window rattle. I know it can be fixed by using some rubber conditioner but looks like BMW might have a better solution?
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2011, 02:10 PM
335d Driver

Mein Auto: 2011 335d
Wow. Ok so I had a window rattle on my D and it drove me nuts. I didnt know about a service bulletin so thanks for the information. I hate rattles so I ended up taking the door panel off and putting felt all over the inside of the door. It still vibrates every once in a while when I hit a certain pavement texture but it's a lot better.

I am going to call my dealer and ask about the service bulletin.

Cheers!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Is it because the windows are going down a little bit? I talked to someone in town with a 328i and his windows drop just a bit. Dealer will not do anything about it though.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:29 PM

I have scheduled an appointment for next week. Will let you know if it gets fixed. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:57 AM

Mein Auto: e90
Does anyone have the bulletin number / name or a PDF?

I have had this since day one, the driver's window seems to drop a bit.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Go Bruins!

Mein Auto: 2012 F30
I've had a window rattle problem to with my D. It's more like a 'clicking' sound when rolling down and up at about half way. I took it in to the dealer and they replaced my window regulator, but the problem still exists. It still hasnt been resolved.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:22 PM

Got my car back yesterday, however they mentioned there was no SB for this issue. All they did was clean the seal etc. and now there is no rattle or noise. Guess I need to follow the standard process of applying silicone lubricant and keeping the seal clean.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:33 AM

Mein Auto: '11 335d
My front driver side window rattled right around the B pillar over the summer but it disappeared after a few weeks.