Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Mein Auto: Small Car
Extension of Service & Warranty Packages

Dear fellow esteemed Z4 owners,

I have a 2011 sDrive23i with its service/warranty packages ending in March 2017. It covers mileage of up to 120K km and i am now at the 105.6K km mark.

Before posting this thread, i have also read on the topic below:-

I have enquired with the authorised dealer (AD) on the current packages' extension and the following are the cost involved:-

Service Package (BSI)
a. 2 years till March 2019 or 160K km - $2199 USD
b. 4 years till March 2021 or 200K km - $4936 USD

Warranty Package (BRI)
a. 1 year (could be 2 years cos there seem to be a typo error but will check with AD tmw) till March 2018 or 200K km - $2613 USD

I have claimed warranty before at the 90K km mark for a new engine. That incident was handled quite professionally and within weeks i collected my Z4. Hence, i am quite inclined on getting the warranty + 2-year service packages, largely for a peace of mind.

While i am not really savvy about the mechanical aspects of a car, i think that i would be needing the following repairs/replacements within the next 2 years:-

1. Clutch plates
2. Timing belt/chain
3. Brake pads
4. All other consumables (engine oil, brake fluids, transmission fluid etc)

Are these package costs on the high side? Should i re-consider?

I know my current packages still have another 5 months to run but I will need to decide by 28th Oct 2016 as the costs will be revised upwards on 1st Nov 2016. Please advise, thanks!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)
Today's Posts Search