Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 09-25-2015, 10:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2016 M4
Deal - GoPro session $299 and free $40 gift card

Granted the GoPro session isnt all that great but it's $100 off and a free $40 Amazon gc today.

http://www.amazon.com/s?rh=i%3Aelect...77402741770316
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2015, 10:56 AM
Bimmerfest.com Founder

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Do you have a GoPro Session? The form factor is really cool but the reviews are only so-so. I'm hoping they come up with a better version.

Tim
Old 09-25-2015, 11:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2016 M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Do you have a GoPro Session? The form factor is really cool but the reviews are only so-so. I'm hoping they come up with a better version.

Tim
I DID but ended up trading it to a friend. It just wasnt right for me and all my gear is Hero 4 stuff. Vid quality is great. Battery life is garbage. The big thing is that it has to be paired to the app or smart remote to change the settings. IMO - It's more of a true action cam to be strapped to a car, helmet or glove. While the Hero series are more versatile.

But for this price, it's not a bad deal.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:12 PM
The King of Common Sense

Mein Auto:
I'm all for simplicity with action cameras, and this one came on the market because in my opinion 99% of the users don't use all the functions of the gopro hero black ($500). i don't. The session (list price $299) records at 1440p, I don't need that. That's why I'm looking into the hero+ (list price $199), no LCD, permanently encased in a waterproof container, for around $165, 1080p 60fps and looping video comes in handy.

The link goes somewhere else. What's the big deal? Sessions lists for $299.99 http://shop.gopro.com/compare?category=cameras

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 11-29-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:20 AM
The King of Common Sense

Mein Auto:
Update. The session is reduced to around $200. It is nicely packaged, but because it only has two buttons to set all the controls and video/photo modes, it requires an app to your mobile device with wifi to make changes. Since the session came out, there is a Yi video/photo camera for less than $100 ($70 eBay) from China that tops the session, but there are inherent differences. It is almost a copy of the heros in size and shape but it is ugly in white or green. It is only made for the Chinese market, but you can buy it in eBay or Amazon. Some vendors will provide the Chinglish manual. Both are small and simple to use once you get it set up, but I don't like requiring a mobile device to make changes. I think I will stick to my heavy and larger DLSR for my needs next trip to EU in August.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 06-11-2016 at 09:24 AM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic
Today's Posts Search