Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 11-19-2016, 06:51 AM
I'm smarter than you're.

Mein Auto: 2015 VW GTI Autobahn
Dr. Phil exploits mentally ill woman for ratings.

He's sicker than she is.

Advertisement
Old 11-19-2016, 08:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 M6
This interview was sure disturbing to watch, this guy is a ********* for doing what he did to Shelley Duvall.
The Shining is in the list of my all-time favorite movies and her acting there was really amazing! I wasn't aware of her condition, and I don't think she deserves to be made fun of for the ratings of some stupid show.

1992 Mercedes-Benz 600 SEL
1998 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
2012 Arctic Cat XF1100 Turbo
2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R (ZZR1400)
Old 11-30-2016, 09:38 AM
Coconut Pete's paella!

Mein Auto: VW Wabbit
The fact that shows like "Dr. Phil" exist is the part that's sad I think.

Everything - and I do mean everything - he says should be 100% common sense, but at some point humanity decided to become morons and somehow a large population is "enlightened" by this character answering common sense questions asked by absolute idiots.

"Their" is a possessive pronoun. In a phrase like “Susan and Bill's car,” it could be used to to make a new phrase: “their car.”

”They're” is a contraction of “they are.”
“They are” should always be able to replace “they're.”

Extra credit: It's "I'm looking for an M3" not "I'm looking for a M3".
Old 11-30-2016, 10:01 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Spike Holmes
Mein Auto: 525i, G35, Subway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconutpete View Post
The fact that shows like "Dr. Phil" exist is the part that's sad I think.

Everything - and I do mean everything - he says should be 100% common sense, but at some point humanity decided to become morons and somehow a large population is "enlightened" by this character answering common sense questions asked by absolute idiots.
Plus 1,000,000.
When people care about what the Kardashiens are up to, what Oprah thinks, what's on Dr Phil or, the opinion of those on The View, It is the beginning of the end.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:56 AM
The King of Common Sense

Mein Auto:
No troll here. I am a better person because I have never watched a Dr. Phil, Kardashian, or a Oprah show. I still live in a cave.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 12-01-2016 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5D; 2016 428i
I'm convinced he's all about the money. Content takes a backseat.

In my opinion his wife looks like she's had tons of plastic surgery (at least 2 boob jobs) yet she denies it (i.e. Michael Jackson=STRANGE) and nobody ever calls her out on it--even though before-and-after photos reveal that she remains an average-looking woman (at best).

Seems to me that somebody needs to have a "talk" with Mrs. McGraw about her insecurity/plastic surgery denial issues.

They both hide (and profit) behind the façade of down-to-earth straight talk. Most people just won't choose to think for themselves. It's easier to have an "expert" do that for them.

Last edited by Nulevel; 12-01-2016 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Coconut Pete's paella!

Mein Auto: VW Wabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulevel View Post
I'm convinced he's all about the money. Content takes a backseat.

In my opinion his wife looks like she's had tons of plastic surgery (at least 2 boob jobs) yet she denies it (i.e. Michael Jackson=STRANGE) and nobody ever calls her out on it--even though before-and-after photos reveal that she remains an average-looking woman (at best).

Seems to me that somebody needs to have a "talk" with Mrs. McGraw about her insecurity/plastic surgery denial issues.

They both hide (and profit) behind the façade of down-to-earth straight talk. Most people just won't choose to think for themselves. It's easier to have an "expert" do that for them.
Anyone with a little bit of sanity left would jump on the opportunity to get paid millions to have your own show where you teach "guests" that dropping out of high school in order to start your own met lab is indeed a bad idea and have the people in the studio clap at you.

I don't even fault Dr. Phil. I have zero doubts he goes home at night and sips a glass of bourbon and smokes a stogie and laughs his face off at how stupid the people on his show are - and you know what .... I'm completely OK with it. It's humanity I'm sad for. It's the people ON his show.

It's the same as Dr. Oz. My mother in law buys everything in sight with his name or face on it so she can get in on his "newest health tips". All of a sudden she's practically living off almonds and olive oil because "Dr. Oz said so".

"Their" is a possessive pronoun. In a phrase like “Susan and Bill's car,” it could be used to to make a new phrase: “their car.”

”They're” is a contraction of “they are.”
“They are” should always be able to replace “they're.”

Extra credit: It's "I'm looking for an M3" not "I'm looking for a M3".

Last edited by Coconutpete; 12-01-2016 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5D; 2016 428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconutpete View Post
Anyone with a little bit of sanity left would jump on the opportunity to get paid millions to have your own show where you teach "guests" that dropping out of high school in order to start your own met lab is indeed a bad idea and have the people in the studio clap at you.

I don't even fault Dr. Phil. I have zero doubts he goes home at night and sips a glass of bourbon and smokes a stogie and laughs his face off at how stupid the people on his show are - and you know what .... I'm completely OK with it. It's humanity I'm sad for. It's the people ON his show.

It's the same as Dr. Oz. My mother in law buys everything in sight with his name or face on it so she can get in on his "newest health tips". All of a sudden she's practically living off almonds and olive oil because "Dr. Oz said so".
Anybody who thinks he can't sell anything can look to guys like Dr. Phil for inspiration. He's so full of shiat but his audience (i.e. women) either doesn't seem to know or care.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2 x 1988 bmw 525i's
With $77m in earnings in 2015 & a nett worth of $400m, I really don't think Dr Phil gives a s#!t.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:59 AM

Mein Auto: 128i Cabriolet '12
hate to disagree,
up until recently I was
an Alcoholic, drug dependent, wife beating, cheating sumbitch, with a gambling addiction and a penchant for scamming people on the interweb

I also drove a 2002 Dodge Neon

Since I watched dr Phil I have mended my ways and integrated into society

If it wasn't for Dr Phil I would be in the 128i vert, I would be popping $ bills into strippers g strings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 330i View Post
No troll here. I am a better person because I have never watched a Dr. Phil, Kardashian, or a Oprah show. I still live in a cave.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:01 AM

Mein Auto: 128i Cabriolet '12

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic
Today's Posts Search