Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
WhatCar? BMW 2012 328i First Drive - All you need to know

WhatCar?, Britain's biggest and best car buyer's guide was another one of the luck media outlets to be the first to drive the 2012 BMW 328i F30 sedan in Spain this week. As with the other reviews they start out with a recap of the F30 facts and figures and then get into the driving review. Here is what WhatCar? had to say about driving the 2012 F30 328i -

Quote:
There’s no doubt this car has a tough act to follow: the outgoing 3 Series is still the best car to drive in its class, even as it’s about to go off sale.

The good news is that the new car is the perfect replacement, because it tries to remedy some of the outgoing car’s few shortcomings, without losing what made it so great.

Given that the most common complaint about the previous car was its firm ride, it’s no surprise that the phrase you hear most often bandied around by happy BMW engineers is ‘more compliant’. To cut a long story short, the new 3 Series does have a more comfortable ride, albeit still with a slightly firm feel at low speeds.
Quote:
The result is a perfectly balanced car that's a joy to drive – and all done, of course, with the back-up of effective electronic safety systems.

On the road, all those same traits were displayed, and we have no doubt that this new 3 Series is the best car in its class to drive.
Quote:
Should I buy one? It shows just how dominant the current 3 Series is that the only car the new model has to beat is its predecessor – and that it does. In short, if you’re in the market for a compact executive, this is the one to go for.

True, we’re still to sample the full range, but we have no doubt that this car’s combination of a great drive, good accommodation and excellent economy and emissions will make it an impossible act to beat.
Read WhatCars?'s full review of the 2012 BMW 328i sedan and let us know what you think - http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/new-...to-know/260126
Advertisement