Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:57 PM

Mein Auto: 1987 bmw 325ic 2 door
My new Bimmer

Hi everyone I am new to this forum, and i have oretty much a lot of questions but for now I will ask some simple ones lol, I just bought a black 1987 325i 2 door cabriolet bimmer and it runs awesome except for some minor issues, it needs a new steering fluid pump and some other small things but i drove it( the steering fluid leaks so I did have a few hours of fun before it ran out of fluid, its parked now but it runs like a charm, im going to getting under my name and smog it this week, but for now I thank you guys for reading this post and if you answer it as well even if you dont its cool, but it would greatly help a lot, this is a repost from yahoo answers that referred me to this site so I am just gonna copy and paste because its a lot of questions lol

I just bought this Bmw and its a classic beauty as is right now, I know with a little fixing it would look way better, I am not a car knowledgable guy but I am probably going to learn a lot from you guys here, I have a few questions on this car, I will make it easy for you to answer my questions buy not confusing and numbering them lol, k here we go

1. my car starts slow it takes like 3 seconds to start whethers its hot or cold, what could be the problem and how can I make it so that it starts at the turn of the key

2 how can I make my car faster or sound better without lowering my mpg, this car is from is brought from Germany, not US made, it might have some parts added because I just bought it and I dont know what it has, but it has german writing in the hood and other good stuff, but like i said I am new to cars so i dont know

3 the engine sounds strong and its a stick car, it has a problem with the steering fluid it could be the pump or the thing that connects to it(the cord/hose) might have a hole but i dont know, any input is helpful

4. how do how do i make it sound strong when it turns on and how can i improve my mpgs

5 where can I buy parts to replace the ones it has, and by that i mean the rusty exterior chrome parts? like the parts that seal the windshield, or where can i buy a new bumper thats not damaged front and back bumpers

6 i thank you guys for all your input and for sharing all your years of collected knowledge and labor, and sorry for all the questions lol, peace

this question isnt for points although you will get them and i will give the 10 points to the best of course but i just wanna see what you guys have to say so i can add to what i know and so i can learn, and if you got anything that i am missing please let me know thanks again
Ads by Google