Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 x5 35i sa
X5 price: does price over invoice already factored NAV credit in?

thanks guys for all useful information on this forum

today, i talked to one very popular dealer in orange county, southern CA, he mentioned he can give me $500 over invoice, i'm so happy; but later on, i realize this $500 in fact is $500+$1730, which means i can NOT get this $1730 NAV credit if i accept the offer of $500 over invoice

but to my understanding on this forum, when we talk about price over invoice, we didn't consider NAV credit yet

can someone, especially those in southern CA confirm this for me?

thanks

BTW, just curious, when we talk about $500 over invoice, is that $500 all dealer earned from us? or in fact even when they sell for invoice price, the dealer still get certain % of price from BMW?

Last edited by rfic; 11-22-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 11-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfic View Post
thanks guys for all useful information on this forum

today, i talked to one very popular dealer in orange county, southern CA, he mentioned he can give me $500 over invoice, i'm so happy; but later on, i realize this $500 in fact is $500+$1730, which means i can NOT get this $1730 NAV credit if i accept the offer of $500 over invoice

but to my understanding on this forum, when we talk about price over invoice, we didn't consider NAV credit yet

can someone, especially those in southern CA confirm this for me?

thanks

BTW, just curious, when we talk about $500 over invoice, is that $500 all dealer earned from us? or in fact even when they sell for invoice price, the dealer still get certain % of price from BMW?
You should be paying $500 over invoice before ANY rebates and incentives are applied. With all the current offers, that could put you anywhere up to $5000 UNDER invoice when all said and done.

There are many credits out there - Nav Credit, Owner Loyalty Credit, Mission To Drive Credit, Eco Credit, etc. etc.

Explain to the dealer that this forum exists and you can buy any BMW for $500 over invoice from any forum sponsor BEFORE any rebates are applied.

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 E60 535i (Black Sapphire / Natural Brown)
2006 E90 330i (Jet Black / Sand Beige)
2003 E46 325i (Black Sapphire / Natural Brown)
Old 11-22-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_UKTX View Post
You should be paying $500 over invoice before ANY rebates and incentives are applied. With all the current offers, that could put you anywhere up to $5000 UNDER invoice when all said and done.

There are many credits out there - Nav Credit, Owner Loyalty Credit, Mission To Drive Credit, Eco Credit, etc. etc.

Explain to the dealer that this forum exists and you can buy any BMW for $500 over invoice from any forum sponsor BEFORE any rebates are applied.

thanks for prompt reply

i go to bimmerfest's sponser sites, find couple of dealer close to me and send them email, i'll see what quota they can give

BTW, i first heard "mission to drive", does that an addition credit besides NAV & finance credits?

thanks a lot
Old 11-22-2011, 04:41 PM

Mein Auto: '12 X5 SAV
Quote:
thanks for prompt reply

i go to bimmerfest's sponser sites, find couple of dealer close to me and send them email, i'll see what quota they can give

BTW, i first heard "mission to drive", does that an addition credit besides NAV & finance credits?

thanks a lot
FWIW, I recently completed an easy X5 purchase with Greg Poland, at Pacific BMW (LA). Go to Sponsor section of Bimmerfest and find his info. He gave me the best deal and the whole process was painless.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97mdrei View Post
FWIW, I recently completed an easy X5 purchase with Greg Poland, at Pacific BMW (LA). Go to Sponsor section of Bimmerfest and find his info. He gave me the best deal and the whole process was painless.
thanks -- in fact, i just send a email to him, but haven't heard from him yet

do u mind disclose how much u can get above invoice price?

really appeciate
Old 11-22-2011, 07:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35d
$500 over invoice before rebates and incentives...

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 E60 535i (Black Sapphire / Natural Brown)
2006 E90 330i (Jet Black / Sand Beige)
2003 E46 325i (Black Sapphire / Natural Brown)
Old 11-22-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
thanks -- in fact, i just send a email to him, but haven't heard from him yet

do u mind disclose how much u can get above invoice price?

really appeciate
Well, he was fair to me so I'll be fair to him and let him make his best offer. I'll say that the best deal I could find, after contacting about 10 dealers, was $1K over invoice (after ensuring an apples to apples comparison). He beat those offers and didn't try anything insidious. In my case, my first email request was answered in less than 5 minutes and follow-up exchanges were always handled swiftly. Many dealers claimed the high demand (and high number of exports) were the reasons they couldn't go below $1K over invoice. Hmmm....
Old 11-22-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97mdrei View Post
Well, he was fair to me so I'll be fair to him and let him make his best offer. I'll say that the best deal I could find, after contacting about 10 dealers, was $1K over invoice (after ensuring an apples to apples comparison). He beat those offers and didn't try anything insidious. In my case, my first email request was answered in less than 5 minutes and follow-up exchanges were always handled swiftly. Many dealers claimed the high demand (and high number of exports) were the reasons they couldn't go below $1K over invoice. Hmmm....
thanks. i get reasonable offer from greg and decide to take it

really appreciate
Old 11-22-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:

really appreciate
Reasonable is a good description of my offer, too. It was the easiest new car purchase that I've had and it was a transcontinental transaction. Congrats and enjoy!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
I'd say 500 to 1250 over is about market.

"Invoice" is our slang for 'the published dealer cost'...what this means is simple: If a car is 50k as published invoice, but BMW offers 1730 and 1000 'discounts' then the invoice is $47,270.

For shorthand just tell the dealer "Invoice plus $500- and I keep any buyer incentives"

A
Old 11-29-2011, 08:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35i Premium
Quote:

really appreciate
Do u mind to share the offered that you got from Greg at Pacific BMW? I just sent him an email.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kietv View Post
Do u mind to share the offered that you got from Greg at Pacific BMW? I just sent him an email.
That's rude... IMO
Old 11-29-2011, 11:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
That's rude... IMO
That is ur opinion...I am just trying to find the price...
Old 11-30-2011, 12:00 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
That is ur opinion...I am just trying to find the price...
(Do you know what "IMO" stands for?)

I've often wondered if Sponsors size up people and determine if they are worth the effort, or if they will be PITAs or whack jobs....

Naming numbers from no-name dealers is one thing, but posting up quotes from board sponsors is another.

It seems to me to say- publicly- to Greg: I don't trust you and your pricing so I am going to check with others on your prices.

Screw that.

Again, just my opinion.

A

PS "I am just trying to find the price."..Really? Wow. Why else would you ask someone for the price they got other than to find out the price they got? Do it in PM. (and even then, I suspect that many members might decline to share if they get the idea it would be used as leverage to a specific salesman)
Old 11-30-2011, 02:41 PM

Mein Auto: Panamera 4 V6, X5d, E320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
I'd say 500 to 1250 over is about market.

"Invoice" is our slang for 'the published dealer cost'...what this means is simple: If a car is 50k as published invoice, but BMW offers 1730 and 1000 'discounts' then the invoice is $47,270.

For shorthand just tell the dealer "Invoice plus $500- and I keep any buyer incentives"

A
I must say that I have never really understood the pricing structure of cars. Just like I have not understood why mattresses are priced!

But given the wealth of information from the many sites that have invoice and MSRP pricing, the average consumer has much more information now than 15-20 years ago. I certainly feel more comfortable knowing that "I am in the ballpark".

Assuming that posted invoice pricing and MSRP pricing is what it is, nothwithstanding all the behind the rebates between manufacturer and dealer, something in the range of $500-$1250 above invoice seems reasonable on $55K-$60K car. I think which end of the spectrum you get will depend on what you want and when you want it. I was able to get a $1000 over invoice from a local CA dealer and I ordered it exactly as I wanted it. I guess one could argue that if you are willing to take something off the lot as is maybe $500 over invoice would be better. There are trade off all over - configuration, timing, etc.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:46 PM

Mein Auto: X5 soon
Go with Jon

Quote:
Just my opinion. He is really good.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:28 PM

Mein Auto: M3
Greg is awesome. My family got 2 cars last year from him. NO ONE beats his deal. I tried every dealer myself too. He is direct, doesnt play games, straight forward to the point and the deal.

I just ordered X5 from him. Another straight up deal from him. I will refer as many business as I can since every other dealer tries to get you.

For example, Southbay and Alexander told me "We LIKE to make 2000-3500 over invoice as profit margin. These cars are flying off the shelve. In return, we bend our back for your service that you will never get anywhere" My response to that was "good bye"
Old 11-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

^^ Are they a dealer that will 'punish' non-customers by withholding loaner cars? Classy
Old 11-30-2011, 11:16 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
I'm back, and I'm on push. X5s are red-hot and I'm selling out. Cherry picking? I don't look for easy deals or avoid any class of clients, but do I prefer to deal exclusively with people I actually meet in person rather than send our California cars to the East Coast. I doubt anyone will beat the deals that I'm currently doing, while supplies last, though, as we are not a giant metro-area store. I do feel that if you have gained anything positive from your Bimmerfest membership experience, the greatest compliment you could pay would be to give me a shot at your business. I don't mean to sound cocky; Bimmerfest began thanks, in part, to my reputation for making kick-@$$ deals, and providing excellent customer service for many years. There's an 8 year gap between then and now, but you can still search Jon Shafer Cutter Motors and see for yourself. The difference now is that I am no longer the guy running the dealership and also making the deals. My employment is 100% dedicated to serving my Bimmerfest members. And, if you end up going with another board sponsor, that's cool by me too. Either way, I know in my heart that I've had a role in "creating joy" as the BMW commercials say, and that feels really good to me.

P.S. I also keep a nice stash of Bimmerfest.com schwag in my desk for my VIP member/customers...

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 11-30-2011, 11:53 PM
pay it forward

Mein Auto: X5 and Subaru Impreza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaucho View Post
I must say that I have never really understood the pricing structure of cars. Just like I have not understood why mattresses are priced!

But given the wealth of information from the many sites that have invoice and MSRP pricing, the average consumer has much more information now than 15-20 years ago. I certainly feel more comfortable knowing that "I am in the ballpark".

Assuming that posted invoice pricing and MSRP pricing is what it is, nothwithstanding all the behind the rebates between manufacturer and dealer, something in the range of $500-$1250 above invoice seems reasonable on $55K-$60K car. I think which end of the spectrum you get will depend on what you want and when you want it. I was able to get a $1000 over invoice from a local CA dealer and I ordered it exactly as I wanted it. I guess one could argue that if you are willing to take something off the lot as is maybe $500 over invoice would be better. There are trade off all over - configuration, timing, etc.
This is well said. I remember when I purchased my 2011 in Sept 2010, there were very few on the lot and the salesman said he had alread sold 15 of them as of Sept 10. (not sure if he was blowing smoke up my A@#) At that time I ordered mine and got around 1000K over invoice. If I took something from the lot, I could have probably done a little better. Also, what was on the lot did not meet my needs. It's all what one is willing to negotiate.
RIP 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
RIP 1986 Honda Accord (involved in three car accident while pahked in the North End)
RIP 2002 Mini Cooper (90th produced)
Old 12-03-2011, 09:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 F13 640i
I got mine $500 over invoice along with $1,000 finance rebate and $1,730 option credit. I lost loyalty credit since the car can't be delivered before 1/3/12.

12' Alpine White 640i (F13)
09' Platinum Gray 550i M (E60)
07' Jet Black 525i (E60)
04' Space Gray Z4 2.5i

Last edited by danzzz; 12-03-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:22 PM

Mein Auto: ISF
In NorCal, I am getting $500 over invoice + maco and then $2500 eco credit, $1730 option credit, $1000 credit on top. So I guess you could basically say $4500 under invoice.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5
How does lease pricing work?
Let's say you agreed upon $60,000 buy price, after all options added, incentives, rebates, etc deducted.. ($750 over invoice)
How does the dealer come up with the lease amount per month?