Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series

M Series
The ///M Series Forums. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Riuster's Avatar
Riuster Riuster is offline
Riuster = Rooster
Location: Metro New York
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,243
Send a message via Skype™ to Riuster
Mein Auto: 02 M3, 07 X3 and 04 TSX
M3 Owners: Envious of other M3 Owners?

Nice day for a change here in NYC, so Im driving around with my friend and I have not seen a E46 M3 in sight, how I long to see another M3 on the road, it makes me smile. I usually give a thumbs up or smile in recognition of our pleasure in driving his car.

Im in Alpine NJ, and one M3 driver in Grey, with aftermarket wheels and some work on the M3, looked great, makes a turn while I am waiting for a light. I smile right at him, ya know, other words Im indirectly congratulating him on his nice ride, but he's got this GRIN.....the first thing that came to my mind was "You are a D I C K!", hey you are not the only one with aftermarket wheels on a M3.

Again, a M3 grey convertible, just drives on by, no recognition, nothing, on the Henry Hudson coming into the city. I wanted to say Hey whats up, but nothing.

IMO, if you own a M3 and dont at least smile or nod to another M3 owner and just ignore the person cheering you on...then IMO, I think you are a D I C K! or just a jealous P R I C K, hey YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS CAR, SO GET OFF THE HIGH HORSE.

Then again, they may be just very anti-social....oh well..
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 04-17-2004, 09:39 PM
blacksi blacksi is offline
Registered User
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: Civic si
Just got mine so I haven't passed any M3's yet. But, my wife drives a jeep and everyone waves to each other in jeep's especially if you tops are down. I thought it would be similar with M's but haven't found out yet.
__________________


00 SC'd CivicSI 13.5@105
98 M3 14.1@97
71 MGB GT slow (For Sale)
  #3  
Old 04-17-2004, 09:56 PM
safetywork safetywork is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 105
Mein Auto: '04 E46 M3 (6 sp)
You'll probably find the type of response you want from fellow forum members or CCA members.
  #4  
Old 04-18-2004, 12:02 AM
batmanm3 batmanm3 is offline
Registered User
Location: van
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 73
Mein Auto: 02 m3
here in BC, lots of M3s....don't get many waves though on the street

I like to think it's because the closing speeds are too fast rather than we are a antisocial bunch

Also tends to blend in with the other 3 series especially those with the M-sport package.
  #5  
Old 04-18-2004, 12:41 AM
FenPhen's Avatar
FenPhen FenPhen is offline
It's Highly Addictive!
Location: California
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,437
Mein Auto: 2004 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riuster
IMO, if you own a M3 and dont at least smile or nod to another M3 owner and just ignore the person cheering you on...then IMO, I think you are a D I C K! or just a jealous P R I C K, hey YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS CAR, SO GET OFF THE HIGH HORSE.

Then again, they may be just very anti-social....oh well..
You strike me as a very high-strung person. Maybe that guy was embarassed someone else might think he knows you.

(Seriously though, c'mon man, do you really need to get offended when someone else doesn't notice/acknowledge that he purchased the same product you did? You have no idea what's going through that guy's mind and shouldn't assume he's a prick just because he didn't give you a freakin' thumbs up, let alone get worked up over it. I mean, maybe he was grinning cause he was high or was getting serviced by his passenger or something.)
__________________

2004 330i 6MT · performance package · silver gray · alcantara/cloth · black cube · xenons · pdc · aux audio
  #6  
Old 04-18-2004, 07:24 AM
Riuster's Avatar
Riuster Riuster is offline
Riuster = Rooster
Location: Metro New York
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,243
Send a message via Skype™ to Riuster
Mein Auto: 02 M3, 07 X3 and 04 TSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenPhen
You strike me as a very high-strung person. Maybe that guy was embarassed someone else might think he knows you.

(Seriously though, c'mon man, do you really need to get offended when someone else doesn't notice/acknowledge that he purchased the same product you did? You have no idea what's going through that guy's mind and shouldn't assume he's a prick just because he didn't give you a freakin' thumbs up, let alone get worked up over it. I mean, maybe he was grinning cause he was high or was getting serviced by his passenger or something.)
high strung..hahaha..yeah maybe..nahhh..Im not offended..but...usually 3 out of 5 M3 owners I see on the road, its a big cheer..but..I guess its not anymore....I approach some and some approach..me..and we talk a little on the road at tolls etc...its a small fun chat or just a cheer.

But the guy had a GRIN, he stared with a grin, then he peeled out, reved his engine.......I dont know..but that seems like a sign of just bitterness. I think my assumption is right, he probably was a Ex-WRX owner.
  #7  
Old 04-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Plaz's Avatar
Plaz Plaz is offline
Location: Churzee
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 16,111
Mein Auto: '11 1M;'08 MCS;'02 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riuster
Nice day for a change here in NYC, so Im driving around with my friend and I have not seen a E46 M3 in sight, how I long to see another M3 on the road, it makes me smile. I usually give a thumbs up or smile in recognition of our pleasure in driving his car.

Im in Alpine NJ, and one M3 driver in Grey, with aftermarket wheels and some work on the M3, looked great, makes a turn while I am waiting for a light. I smile right at him, ya know, other words Im indirectly congratulating him on his nice ride, but he's got this GRIN.....the first thing that came to my mind was "You are a D I C K!", hey you are not the only one with aftermarket wheels on a M3.

Again, a M3 grey convertible, just drives on by, no recognition, nothing, on the Henry Hudson coming into the city. I wanted to say Hey whats up, but nothing.

IMO, if you own a M3 and dont at least smile or nod to another M3 owner and just ignore the person cheering you on...then IMO, I think you are a D I C K! or just a jealous P R I C K, hey YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS CAR, SO GET OFF THE HIGH HORSE.

Then again, they may be just very anti-social....oh well..
__________________
2011 1M
2008 MCS
2002 325iT
  #8  
Old 04-18-2004, 10:03 PM
The HACK's Avatar
The HACK The HACK is offline
Rest in peace, Coach
Location: People's Republic of United States
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 9,106
Mein Auto: '06 MZ4C, '09 WRX Wagon
Frankly I wouldn't respond to anyone on the road unless I KNOW them, there are simply too many f**kin' wackos out there.
  #9  
Old 04-18-2004, 10:47 PM
FenPhen's Avatar
FenPhen FenPhen is offline
It's Highly Addictive!
Location: California
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,437
Mein Auto: 2004 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK
Frankly I wouldn't respond to anyone on the road unless I KNOW them, there are simply too many f**kin' wackos out there.
Like Riuster.

Honestly though, I try to be as introverted as possible when I'm behind the wheel. Unless the M3 or M5 driver catches me eyeing the ride, but they've never noticed, so I don't know what I'd do then. Haha
__________________

2004 330i 6MT · performance package · silver gray · alcantara/cloth · black cube · xenons · pdc · aux audio
  #10  
Old 04-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Riuster's Avatar
Riuster Riuster is offline
Riuster = Rooster
Location: Metro New York
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,243
Send a message via Skype™ to Riuster
Mein Auto: 02 M3, 07 X3 and 04 TSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenPhen
Like Riuster.

Honestly though, I try to be as introverted as possible when I'm behind the wheel. Unless the M3 or M5 driver catches me eyeing the ride, but they've never noticed, so I don't know what I'd do then. Haha
ha! ha!..funny..geez Phen...hey i better not see you on the road..i might give you a GRIN. ...I didnt know you guys would be introverted at all, very unfriendly people on this board. Ill just close my windows and put my sunshades on...close everyone out!!!...

hold up...eventhough you eye his ride and he or she notices, it would be polite to give a hand gesture, and not the finger or the GRIN...its just poor manners. IMO

I think some of these people buy these cars and they are just so..on a high trip, and their ego just did a quantum leap into the galaxy of arrogance.
  #11  
Old 04-19-2004, 06:59 PM
FenPhen's Avatar
FenPhen FenPhen is offline
It's Highly Addictive!
Location: California
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,437
Mein Auto: 2004 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riuster
hold up...eventhough you eye his ride and he or she notices, it would be polite to give a hand gesture, and not the finger or the GRIN...its just poor manners. IMO
I'd probably give a nod with the most neutral smile I could muster.

...
__________________

2004 330i 6MT · performance package · silver gray · alcantara/cloth · black cube · xenons · pdc · aux audio
  #12  
Old 04-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Impulss Impulss is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 105
Mein Auto: 2003 M3 (sweet November!)
you said he had a "grin" .... doesn't that constitute as a "smile or a nod" ??

Maybe he didnt' see you??!! What he did was not offensive at all! Now... if he flipped you the bird then maybe he was mocking you. hahah

I ran into a SL55 on the road this past Saturday.. i pointed to him like WASSSUP! and he gave me a

Maybe the problem is just you Ruister... ahha j/k
__________________
  #13  
Old 04-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Riuster's Avatar
Riuster Riuster is offline
Riuster = Rooster
Location: Metro New York
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,243
Send a message via Skype™ to Riuster
Mein Auto: 02 M3, 07 X3 and 04 TSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulss
you said he had a "grin" .... doesn't that constitute as a "smile or a nod" ??

Maybe he didnt' see you??!! What he did was not offensive at all! Now... if he flipped you the bird then maybe he was mocking you. hahah

I ran into a SL55 on the road this past Saturday.. i pointed to him like WASSSUP! and he gave me a

Maybe the problem is just you Ruister... ahha j/k
well first of all, I dont harrass people on the road, its just timing...and we both greet...and you saying wassup to a driver in the SL55, now he was thinking "MAN, RED IS YOUR COLOR"...man....LMAO..hahahaha..
  #14  
Old 04-21-2004, 03:55 AM
Impulss Impulss is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 105
Mein Auto: 2003 M3 (sweet November!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riuster
well first of all, I dont harrass people on the road, its just timing...and we both greet...and you saying wassup to a driver in the SL55, now he was thinking "MAN, RED IS YOUR COLOR"...man....LMAO..hahahaha..
hahah.. funny!

If i had a beetle, i wouldn't have been able to keep up with him doing a sprint from 55-120 in about 6 seconds That's why he gave me the peace sign afterwards because I had him till the end
__________________
  #15  
Old 04-21-2004, 06:16 AM
Riuster's Avatar
Riuster Riuster is offline
Riuster = Rooster
Location: Metro New York
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,243
Send a message via Skype™ to Riuster
Mein Auto: 02 M3, 07 X3 and 04 TSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulss
hahah.. funny!

If i had a beetle, i wouldn't have been able to keep up with him doing a sprint from 55-120 in about 6 seconds That's why he gave me the peace sign afterwards because I had him till the end
The SL55 according to Mercedes does 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds, your M3 is about 4.8 seconds, thats a few seconds....I think you should have seriously reved the M3 and matched him...or beat..him.....and plus hes got an automatic...and also extra fat.

I dont know man...RED is kinda matching your face right about now......and you should have given him the FINGER! hahahaha

hes probably mocking you in a MB forum.
  #16  
Old 04-21-2004, 08:58 AM
flashinthepan flashinthepan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Congo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,397
Mein Auto: unimobile
Hmm,

I see other drivers that look grumpy or stand-offish, but I just figure its hard to read ones mind, life is a bit complicated at times.

I always will wave to another Bimmer driver

But I dont take it personal if someone is focused on something other than cars.
 

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms