Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 02-08-2012, 05:53 PM

Mein Auto: X3 35i
My BMW website and X3 production video

Hello,

I have been trying to log into my profile at My BMW for about two weeks and keep receiving the same error message. Today I tried to establish a new profile with a different email address and encountered the same problem. After contacting BMW via Facebook I received a standard form letter stating they are aware of the problem. FYSA I used Facebook because I could not get BMW to respond to my emails.

I really wanted to register for the video of my X3 being built during the last week in January. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone have a video of their X3 being build? Is the video worth the effort?

Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 02-08-2012, 06:02 PM
///Mpty pockets

Mein Auto: wankermatic
There really isn't much to the video. It's basically like 3 shots from a surveillance camera in the ceiling.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:20 PM

Thanks for the super quick reply! Disappointing to hear since BMW is making such a big deal about the video and how much work it takes to produce it.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i M Sport
I got the video, and initially I thought it would be more about MY X3, but still, I am very impressed and think its very cool. There are 6 shot of YOUR actual X3 on the line, and each of them are pretty cool. Otherwise, its just neat to admire the robotics and technology used to build these cars in general.

Good luck getting your video!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:16 AM

Thanks! I will keep trying but does not look good for the home team at this point. Should anything happen to my X3 I hope customer care at my local BMW dealer is much better that the responsive I have received from BMW USA regarding their website.

Thanks again.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren View Post
There really isn't much to the video. It's basically like 3 shots from a surveillance camera in the ceiling.
The video is worth it and is more than 3 ceiling shots. Anyone who got a video would know this so I wouldn't go by bren's reply. Did you call the BMWNA customer service line? That is where I would start with.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3, 09 Infiniti G37C
Production Video

I also thought the video was pretty cool. Sent it to my family under the heading "video of the birth of our child" as the news we were getting a new car. We pick it up tomorrow***128516;
Old 02-09-2012, 05:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i
I have an account on BMWUSA.com, where do I find my video? My X3 was supposed to be started last week and the site finally says it is in production. I was told when I ordered it I would have it by Mid Feb, I am still hoping that is true. How far off is the website? It looks to be like about a week at least.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:45 AM
///Mpty pockets

Mein Auto: wankermatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the Thrill View Post
The video is worth it and is more than 3 ceiling shots. Anyone who got a video would know this so I wouldn't go by bren's reply. Did you call the BMWNA customer service line? That is where I would start with.
I guess I don't find windshield installation to be as riveting is some other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgix3 View Post
I have an account on BMWUSA.com, where do I find my video? My X3 was supposed to be started last week and the site finally says it is in production. I was told when I ordered it I would have it by Mid Feb, I am still hoping that is true. How far off is the website? It looks to be like about a week at least.
They'll send you an email, and/or a link will show up on the tracking page AFTER the production is complete.

The website seems as though it updates at the end of each stage, rather than the beginning.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:47 AM

Thanks Bren, I was wondering.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:35 AM

Netter- Yeah man, don't fret over it, you WILL get it. It was a while for us to get ours too, but still very cool. I waited weeks and weeks to see our car even start production, but then it was just 4 days or so before we had the video, and another 4 days or so before it was AT the dealer... Your sales rep at the local dealer will have your estimated completion date, and that's probably your most accurate bet. Ours estimated Feb 6th, and the car was picked up on by my wife on the 3rd... So, they even beat it by 3 days.

cotandem- Hahaa... My wife is pregnant, and when she sent me an email with "the new addition to our family" as the subject line, I freaked out... I know our baby is still 3 months out, so I was wondering... But inside was pictures of the new X3.. hahaha..

corgix- When you log in to your bmw account, click on the left on the heading "Digital Library". Your video will be there when it is finished. Also, they should send you an email when the video is ready...

Good luck to everyone... And one thing I found amusing in the video.. Behind my X3, there was another red X3... I kept seeing it in the shots of our car, and I thought to myself, somebody else is watching this same video of that red X3, probably just as excited as I am... Pretty cool.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:21 AM

Thanks everyone for the info. I ordered my X3 on 29 November 11 and was told production was halted until January 12. My dealer informed me that my X3 would be built the last week in January. I cannot verily anything at the moment since I cannot log into My BMW website and my sales person is on vacation until Monday. I am military station in Germany so delivery will take until mid March.

Only my daughter knows that I ordered the X3 so it will be a complete surprise to everyone else... not sure the "family addition" email will work in my case. I thought just to drive it home, park it, drop my keys on the table as usual and wait for the reaction when they notice the new key. I did the same when I bought my Mercedes some years ago. Everyone was shocked, then ran to the window.

I have my fingers crossed that I will be able to log into MY BMW in time to order my video since the vehicle should be built by now. We will see what happens.

Last edited by Nettermann; 02-09-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 02-09-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettermann View Post
Thanks everyone for the info. I ordered my X3 on 29 November 11 and was told production was halted until January 12. My dealer informed me that my X3 would be built the last week in January. I cannot verily anything at the moment since I cannot log into My BMW website and my sales person is on vacation until Monday. I am military station in Germany so delivery will take until mid March.

Only my daughter knows that I ordered the X3 so it will be a complete surprise to everyone else... not sure the "family addition" email will work in my case. I thought just to drive it home, park it, drop my keys on the table as usual and wait for the reaction when they notice the new key. I did the same when I bought my Mercedes some years ago. Everyone was shocked, then ran to the window.

I have my fingers crossed that I will be able to log into MY BMW in time to order my video since the vehicle should be built by now. We will see what happens.
Have you called the 800#? It is far more accurate than the website and you could also talk with them about not having online access.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:10 PM

Well not looking good for the home team. Just called the 1 800 #. They cannot track my X3 in the BMW system because believe it or not it my X3 is a military sales vehicle. That explains why when My BMW was allowing me into the system two weeks ago the system did not recognize my VIN number.

Isn't that a bit ironic that US service members serving in Germany, the home of BMW, cannot access the same customer services afforded to both Americans in the US and Germans here in Deutschland. Guess we are some sore of misfits in the eyes of BMW.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:21 AM

Netterman, that is odd, when I got my Z4 while in Germany I went through Pentagon Auto Sales (they didn't have wbsite tracking then). Did you go through AAFES?
Old 02-10-2012, 11:38 AM

Smile

Yes I purchaased my X3 thru Pentagon Auto Sales. Salesman was part of the reason I purchased the X3 rather than the Q5.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:02 PM
John

Mein Auto: 2004 x3
Has anyone replaced the plastic valve cover?
Old 02-11-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Braselton View Post
???
Old 02-11-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Braselton View Post
Wrong thread?

Hers & His
Old 02-12-2012, 03:54 PM

Nice Surprise. I was away for the weekend on a little trip. Just tried to log into My BMW for the first time in 3 days and finally it works again! There is also a note that states every custom X3 is delivered with the assembly line video. So things are looking up.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:57 AM

Nettermann,

Congrats on getting into the site. I got the e-mail about my video today, you can see it as soon as the car is done with assembly, I hope to see my X3 in my drive by the end of the week. It will depend on how long it takes to get to FL from SC.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:36 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgix3 View Post
Nettermann,

Congrats on getting into the site. I got the e-mail about my video today, you can see it as soon as the car is done with assembly, I hope to see my X3 in my drive by the end of the week. It will depend on how long it takes to get to FL from SC.
Thanks. I see you are also from Tampa. Small world.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettermann View Post
Thanks. I see you are also from Tampa. Small world.
Nettermann, Yea I moved down here after Retiring from the AF in 2010. Enjoying the mostly warm weather. Enjoy your X3 on the Autobahns, I loved the Z on them.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:53 PM

Tampa, eh? Nice... I'm over on the East Coast, in Jupiter... My youngest brother is going to school at USF in Tampa.

Hers & His
Old 02-13-2012, 03:28 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterX3 View Post
Tampa, eh? Nice... I'm over on the East Coast, in Jupiter... My youngest brother is going to school at USF in Tampa.
Well I was a military brat and claim Tampa as home. My sister still lives there although everyone else has moved due to work or family.