Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E24 (1976 - 1989)

E24 (1976 - 1989)
The BMW 6 Series (E24) was the first variant of the 6 series produced by BMW from 1976 through 1989.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:35 PM

Mein Auto: '79 e24 633csi
Altitude

What's good? I am a 21 yr old young man on my four dinosaur. E30, e28, selling my e21, and just copped a e24.

I have some clean 5x100 borbet 5 spokes which are 16x8 I believe. That's might be 7.5 the more I think about t. Anywho I have some fairly new kyb shocks which are quite stiff and my ride is fairly high up.

I am contemplating buying new billy sprigs or taking a coil out. I know that I want to drop about two inches so one coil would be fine and ideal with that rule of thumb and I know that I won't be bouncing on the freeway like a Honda civic.

But has anyone taken a coil out or two and have some before/after pictures. It would save me a few pretty pennies to cut the coils opposed to buyin new ones.
Ads by Google
Old 12-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Yahoo to Bert Poliakoff
Mein Auto: x5
You are going to have rear shock issues. The shocks will be to long for the cut springs, and when you hit a bump, the springs will unseat. you have to go with Billly sport shocks
Old 12-10-2011, 03:03 PM

Thank you. How about the front?
Old 12-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Yahoo to Bert Poliakoff
Mein Auto: x5
Well, the real deal is to use sports anytime you lower. I know guys who have cut and ride on HD Bils in the front, but the backs will be an issue.,\Find some Koni adjustables. Than all you do is adjust the dampening to suit the ride you want with whatever springs you use. Lots o luck on finding those though
Old 12-10-2011, 03:18 PM

Haha. Thank you.