Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)
The 5th generation F01/F02 BMW 7 Series flagship forum. The redesigned 7 series leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code, offering an 8 speed automatic transmission and all turbocharged engine options.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 750i F01
comfort access problems!!

I'm new to this but, I currently have a 2009 BMW 750i and I noticed yesterday that I have problems with my comfort access system. On the driver side the front and rear doors unlock and lock by just putting your hand on the door handles, but on the passenger side I grab the handle and nothing happens, the car does not lock or unlock like it does on the driver side with the comfort access system. Anybody has an idea what I can do to fix this myself before taking it in to the dealer? Thank you

Last edited by pichardo750; 06-27-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2015, 02:31 PM
2009 750i

Mein Auto: 2009 750i
In most cases, your door handle would have to be replaced.

2009 750i Imperial Blue Metallic, Style 253 Wheels
Old 06-27-2015, 02:55 PM

[QUOTE=joeyrs416;9155231]In most cases, your door handle would have to be replaced.[/QUOTE

Thanks that's the same thing I read online
Old 06-27-2015, 03:45 PM
2009 750i

Mein Auto: 2009 750i
If not under warranty, I would not touch it. Just use the key fob. I only use it from the driver's door anyway.

2009 750i Imperial Blue Metallic, Style 253 Wheels
Old 06-27-2015, 07:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyrs416 View Post
If not under warranty, I would not touch it. Just use the key fob. I only use it from the driver's door anyway.
I had this same problem a few months back where the drivers side stopped working and I barely ever use it so I just decided to leave it alone. A few days later I turned on the car and literally every error message EVER was popping up, had no power steering, suspension, all safety systems, airbags, literally everything had a malfunction haha. Took it into the dealership and service adviser explained the comfort access fuse went out which caused the whole row of fuses to go out and basically rendered the car useless. He told me they could remove the wiring for the handle and disable the comfort access system and it would be back to normal, so I had them do that. Only cost about 120 and was done in about 2 hours.

I've had the rear ones replaced in the past though, took over a week for the handles to arrive because they apparently ship them from Europe and they had to be painted before shipping.

750LI
Drivers Assistance Package
Camera Package
Convenience Package
Luxury Seating Package
Premium Sound Package
Rear Entertainment Package
Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection
Head-Up Display
Active Cruise Control

Last edited by KingTrack; 06-27-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyrs416 View Post
Yeah same here I only use it on the driver door, and sadly the car has no more warranty so I won't be touching it, thank you
Old 06-28-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTrack View Post
I had this same problem a few months back where the drivers side stopped working and I barely ever use it so I just decided to leave it alone. A few days later I turned on the car and literally every error message EVER was popping up, had no power steering, suspension, all safety systems, airbags, literally everything had a malfunction haha. Took it into the dealership and service adviser explained the comfort access fuse went out which caused the whole row of fuses to go out and basically rendered the car useless. He told me they could remove the wiring for the handle and disable the comfort access system and it would be back to normal, so I had them do that. Only cost about 120 and was done in about 2 hours.

I've had the rear ones replaced in the past though, took over a week for the handles to arrive because they apparently ship them from Europe and they had to be painted before shipping.
Wow I did not know that can happen, I remember one time the car kept on loosing power so I had to give it a boost and found out It was a fuse, there is many things that happen with BMW that sometimes we don't know about like the recall my BMW 7series has, I advise if you have one call with your Vin number to make sure it doesn't have one