Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 Honda Accord EX V6
I placed my order! Needless to say, I can hardly wait...

Here is what I got:

B39 Mineral Gray Metallic
4AD Brushed Aluminum Trim
4DL High-gloss Black Trim Line
2A5 18" light alloy wheels Double-spoke style 397
Front / Rear
3DZ Without Lines designation outside
ZPP Premium Package
LCL3 Leather Dakota Black/Red highlight
ZTP Technology Package
ZCW Cold Weather Package
522 Xenon headlights
ZSL Sport Line
6UH Real Time Traffic Information
6WA Instrument cluster with extended contents
524 Adaptive light control
5AC High Beam Assistant

The neat thing about bmwusa is that I can track the car daily through the production process (although the only thing thats correct in the picture is the color, I didnt get these rims. Dealer said that theyll update all the information on the bmwusa tracking system in a month or so:

Advertisement
Old 12-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 335i Sedan (F30)
Very nice! Congrats, man!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 AM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
EPIC!!!! Going in 2 hours to order mine...when did they say you should expect your car?

Also, i see you splurged on a lot of goodies

I really want those headlights, but the ZPP is just killing me. Your going to love that setup. I cant afford another 100$ a month for headlights. lol...What color trim outside are you going with? I am getting the high gloss black instead of the brushed aluminum.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:19 AM

Mein Auto: 04 530
Congratulations, that sounds like a fantastic car. I think those 397 wheels will look a lot better on that color than they do on the red model in BMW's official pics. A couple of questions...

What's the "3DZ Without Lines designation outside" package?
Did they mention if any features or technology won't be ready on the first builds?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i Sedan (F30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
What color trim outside are you going with? I am getting the high gloss black instead of the brushed aluminum.
The international brochure says "B-pillar and window uprights in Black, high-gloss" is automatically included with Sport Line, but I don't see that on the US Ordering Guide, or anywher else on the US Ordering Guide that indicates you can change the outside trim. (I'm assuming the 4AD "Brushed Aluminum Trim" applies to the interior only. I sure hope so anyway!)
Old 12-02-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioWave View Post
Congratulations, that sounds like a fantastic car. I think those 397 wheels will look a lot better on that color than they do on the red model in BMW's official pics. A couple of questions...

What's the "3DZ Without Lines designation outside" package?
Did they mention if any features or technology won't be ready on the first builds?
Yes, 397 wheels look awesome That was the main reason to pick the sport-package.

Depending on the line selected, BMW marks the door step with a badge "BMW Sport/Modern/Luxury". This is not offered in USA. 3DZ option is automatically selected. I am glad actually, I hate those badges...they're tacky.

No, all options/technology are offered for all builds. 2013 might have some refinements and more options, but its going to be too late for me. I need to donate this accord that I drive currently...guzzling gas at 16 mpg.

Last edited by 90degreeman; 12-02-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerJohn View Post
The international brochure says "B-pillar and window uprights in Black, high-gloss" is automatically included with Sport Line, but I don't see that on the US Ordering Guide, or anywher else on the US Ordering Guide that indicates you can change the outside trim. (I'm assuming the 4AD "Brushed Aluminum Trim" applies to the interior only. I sure hope so anyway!)
yes, you're right. I love the black gloss window trim, but for interior - I much prefer aluminum trim + black stripe.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Yea i saw that too...maybe for us they just limit you to the high gloss black exterior trim(which i dont mind.)
Hope i can still choose aluminum interior with the black gloss stripe
Old 12-02-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
SAme !!!! i just ordered it and there was some confusion at the dealer about trim colors and what not...i ordered 4AD and 4DL...hope it looks like this or im ****ed lol
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...6#post10860076