Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Exclamation Latest Complete F30 Vehicle Ordering & Retail Pricing Guide Posted!

That, and our friends at Autospies have some great photos and Videos from the F30 Launch event in Barcelona, Spain this week.

Check it out!

http://thebimmerblog.com/2011/12/04/...-3-series.aspx

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Thanks, going to forward this to the GM at my dealer. Tell him to stop ****ing with me and take off those folding seats or i am going elsewhere lol.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Thanks, going to forward this to the GM at my dealer. Tell him to stop ****ing with me and take off those folding seats or i am going elsewhere lol.
Actually quite a nice feature. No downside at all, except for the price, and you never know how much of that you may recover on disposition.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Are you being forced to buy/order an option that you don't want?

Old 12-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post

Yeah his dealer is telling him he must order the folding seats.

BMW's current packaging is quite lame as I can no longer outfit a car with sport package, xenons and comfort access. To get CA or Xenons one must order the premium package (packed with all kinds of worthless crap like a moonroof, power seats, dimming mirrors, garage door opener). Bummer. I'll be ordering for late 2012 and if this doesn't change I may have to abandon BMW. Ditching ala carte options (saves them money) reminds me of all the crappy American and Japanese makes.

Last edited by brkf; 12-04-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:

I was the first to order an F30 at my dealer so i was on the computer with the GM ordering it...when he selected leather seats, it said we needed to add folding seats. I'm pretty sure thats incorrect, but it would have been hard to call out the GM when i was watching him on the computer lol. I am going to call BMWNA and find out what i can do about it. GM said he would "take care" of the $475, but i dont need the folding seats, and thats 500 more overall i have to pay.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
I was the first to order an F30 at my dealer so i was on the computer with the GM ordering it...when he selected leather seats, it said we needed to add folding seats. I'm pretty sure thats incorrect, but it would have been hard to call out the GM when i was watching him on the computer lol. I am going to call BMWNA and find out what i can do about it. GM said he would "take care" of the $475, but i dont need the folding seats, and thats 500 more overall i have to pay.
The initial batch of orders are still modifiable until Tuesday (originally it was last Friday). There was a report of a computer glitch in the vehicle
ordering system (unspecified) that has been corrected...

Old 12-05-2011, 06:06 AM

Quote:
The initial batch of orders are still modifiable until Tuesday (originally it was last Friday). There was a report of a computer glitch in the vehicle
ordering system (unspecified) that has been corrected...
hmmm...how would i know if i have an "initial batch" car? Also, when does the initial batch go into production?

I think my dealer said i would get the car in early march, even tho i was the first to order F30 there.

Also, does anyone have a contact at BMWNA? trying to get someone who can make a decision get in touch with my dealer and let them know they are wrong lol

Last edited by justinnum1; 12-05-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
hmmm...how would i know if i have an "initial batch" car? Also, when does the initial batch go into production?

I think my dealer said i would get the car in early march, even tho i was the first to order F30 there.

Also, does anyone have a contact at BMWNA? trying to get someone who can make a decision get in touch with my dealer and let them know they are wrong lol
Why not just get a new dealer?
Old 12-05-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguydotcom View Post
Iv'e bought a lot 10+ cars from them, and they are real close to my house. Also, my CA is a nice guy. I just think the GM doesn;t know what he is doing(considering this is the first F30 he is ordering), or there is a glitch in his computer system. I will get to the bottom of this by the end of the day though.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 335i Sedan
Quote:
Exactly! You will probably even save some cash. The dealers tend to give discounts on cars that are allocated and on the way as well. With the limited choice options you could get the car that you want and probaby snatch one from the dealer allocations. The board sponsors know the tricks and can get you exactly the car you want at t lower price with less hassle. This is what I did with my 535i a couple of years back.

I would definitely check it out. It sounds like your CA does not have it all together and you will not get that great of a deal. What good is loyalty if you aren't rewarded after all of your purchases?

2008 BMW 335i Retired
2009 BMW 535i Retired

2012 F30 335i sportline (Black Sapphire/Black Leatherette/Black High gloss trim, Technology, Sport Auto, Premium Sound, BMW Apps.)

Last edited by jzcrna; 12-05-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:34 PM

I have a good relationship with my dealer...i think he is just making a mistake.

Calling BMWNA was a waste of time.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:

The "initial batch" cars are the ones being input/specified now (January production).

Old 12-06-2011, 12:14 PM

Mein Auto: E46 330i
John - Can you make a better quality PDF?
Old 12-12-2011, 02:49 PM

Mein Auto: '98 Explorer/335i/Triumph
Jon, THX for the post and pricing info. It pretty much confirms that for ED and my build plan, a 328i -vs- 335i spread is around $4k, about what it was for my 2007.

Pricing for both with ZCW and ZPP like last time + adding Xenon and Theft on the 328i would [except for the powerplant and the 18" wheels on the 335i] give me a similar vehicle. I am with BlueGuy in that getting the the "Sport Package" only with the ZSL is not for me either - but because it comes with trim and required colors I am not interested in. I didn't get it last time but would if it was available ala carte for this order.

IN on 8FEB07!!: 335i sedan | 6M | Premium | Cold WX | Sparkling Graphite/Beige
Order: 10OCT06|On OC:27OCT06|Factory: 17NOV06|ED: 18DEC06|MADA Munich: 21DEC06|Sail B'haven: 03JAN07|Arr. Jersey City: 18JAN07|Dealer: 08FEB07
Old 12-18-2011, 06:12 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 03 m3, waiting on m235i
Ordering options

Quote:
Yeah his dealer is telling him he must order the folding seats.

BMW's current packaging is quite lame as I can no longer outfit a car with sport package, xenons and comfort access. To get CA or Xenons one must order the premium package (packed with all kinds of worthless crap like a moonroof, power seats, dimming mirrors, garage door opener). Bummer. I'll be ordering for late 2012 and if this doesn't change I may have to abandon BMW. Ditching ala carte options (saves them money) reminds me of all the crappy American and Japanese makes.

Jon

I have to agree with blueguydotcom, do have any inside info that this might change in the future or possibly even change when the coupe comes out. I sit out on the E9x due to interior waiting on this model. Im hoping you can get a Sports Package or M Sports Package w/o a pre-deterimed color of stitching on the seats.

I hope it changes in the future, I rather pay a little more (especially paying this much for a car) to get closer to what I want. Are you hearing complaints from other customers about specific items like dash trim color options, colored stitching on the seats. Looking at the configurator for the UK, as usual there is alot more flexibility in their ordering system so this seems to be something set by BMWNA, maybe its not. I dont know if it has to do with BMWNA, re-sale value, production cost.

Just a couple of years ago we could finally get the M Sports package which all enthusiast (almost all) love the anthracite headliner, agressive front/rear bumper and wheels.

Also, do you happen to know the total sales in the UK vs the US, always been puzzled why they have so many options. It all relates to money somewhere.

Im not one to start calling BMWNA or anything like that but even thought it maybe futal, how could we (as a group) get the word to BMW corporate that there might be enough people even willing to pay another $X to open up the ordering options on the car, an effective way to get the point across that may have the best chance of changing things. I talked to my dealer about it, he was amazed too, bmwusa.com use to show how many potential combinations the car could be ordered in one of their ads on the webpage.

I personally feel BMW is appealing to a different audience now which is fine, they are in the business to make money, have stock holders to report too and that is just business but I think with what I have mentioned above along with electronic steering is going to steer some or maybe alot of enthuasists away from BMW.

I hope this doesnt sound like a rant, just wonder how we could make a different, in 2001 (I think that is correct) so many complained about the steering on the 3-series, BMW came out with a retrofit.

If I could just order the car like before, love everything about the new F30 (ESPECIALLY the interior, styling not color combos, stictching, dash trim, etc)

Im hoping all this is mute point and maybe the M-series or M Sorts package is geared toward the enthusiasts, if it is could be smart for BMW because they will steer more enthuasists to spend more money than in the past to get the car like they want.

Maybe Im alone in this about the options, what are you hearing or think about it? I do hope things change, at least for the coupe if nothing else, seems like so far only effects the 3-series and X1, maybe another model Im not aware of.

Thanks for everything you do Jon, you do a great service for the BMW enthusiasts community IMHO.

P.S.

Also wish BMW would bring back the option like was available with the E46 where you could order a paint code other than on BMWUSA if you paid $2k (even if there is a price increase), also came with the individual label under the hood. I love space gray and it looks like its still available on alot of models, even the new 6-series, why its being removed from the 3-series.

Last edited by damills; 12-18-2011 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Addition about individual color option