Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 3 Series M3
Question Hpfp & f30-80

I thought that BMW would have , by now, resolved the HPFP issues?
But many are saying otherwise.
So does this drama continue to the "F" series?
With all this Hi-tech ability they have, why can't the get this right
Never mattered much to me, as I own a 2002 325i and 2011 M3, both having those wonderful NA engines that used to be BMW.

No more, now we are stuck with ALL F.I., no "choice" any longer?
I might like to get the F80 M3 when it is released...ANYONE out there think, by then, the HPFP issues may be resolved once for all?
HOw hard can this be?

I am not a tech wizard or automotive "rocket scientist" like some of you out there...
...( i mean that in a positive complimentary way), but some of you understand this problem much better than most of us, and the REASON, I am posting in the F30 forum is that some of you are previous 335i (135i & Z4 35i) owners and have had to deal with this.
Now, we M3 enthusiasts must deal with it too.

What do you think?
Ads by Google
Old 12-04-2011, 01:16 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
After the fiasco the first time...i think they will have their **** together lol. If not, i get a nice loaner.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:22 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
After the fiasco the first time...i think they will have their **** together lol. If not, i get a nice loaner.
yeah, but it is such a drag having to bring it in for that over & over...I have a friend who got stranded over it, and they still can't get it right...sucks
F.I. SUCKS.
If Ford & Chevy can get decent mpg's form NA V8's using things like cylinder shut off tech while cruising, why can't the Germans?
Old 12-04-2011, 01:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 528i
Where do you have any indication that there are continuing HPFP problems? I haven't seen any on any of the forums.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:59 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16n69 View Post
yeah, but it is such a drag having to bring it in for that over & over...I have a friend who got stranded over it, and they still can't get it right...sucks
F.I. SUCKS.
If Ford & Chevy can get decent mpg's form NA V8's using things like cylinder shut off tech while cruising, why can't the Germans?
They get 3 chances or they can give me a new car. Have had 2 cars lemoned before lol
Old 12-04-2011, 03:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i Sport Package
I hear the problems have subsided, but still some owners with issues but fewer mainly because they weren't updated with the latest and greatest HPFPs or issues with carbon buildup in the engine which I believe causes issues with the injectors.

As far as the F10, the N55 engine has a single scroll twin turbo rather then the N54 twin turbo. So far they have it licked.......hopefully!
BMWCCA Member #458528 www.bmwcca.org

"If Things Seem Under Control, You're Not Going Fast Enough"
Mario Andretti
Old 12-05-2011, 08:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16n69 View Post
I thought that BMW would have , by now, resolved the HPFP issues?
But many are saying otherwise.
So does this drama continue to the "F" series?
With all this Hi-tech ability they have, why can't the get this right
Never mattered much to me, as I own a 2002 325i and 2011 M3, both having those wonderful NA engines that used to be BMW.

No more, now we are stuck with ALL F.I., no "choice" any longer?
I might like to get the F80 M3 when it is released...ANYONE out there think, by then, the HPFP issues may be resolved once for all?
HOw hard can this be?

I am not a tech wizard or automotive "rocket scientist" like some of you out there...
...( i mean that in a positive complimentary way), but some of you understand this problem much better than most of us, and the REASON, I am posting in the F30 forum is that some of you are previous 335i (135i & Z4 35i) owners and have had to deal with this.
Now, we M3 enthusiasts must deal with it too.

What do you think?
After reading this post I thought to myself "I haven't read any HPFP types of issues with the X5" so I went over to the E70 blog and posed the question: Has anyone experienced an HPFP related problem with their X5? The current generation of E70 X5's use FI engines. The 3.5 version uses the same N55 engine as found in the 335. The 5.0 version uses a FI 4.4 liter engine. It appears as if the HPFP issue was either limited to the 3-series implementation or BMW got a handle on it prior to the release of the FI X5's. Either way it looks positive for the F30.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:01 AM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny5280 View Post
After reading this post I thought to myself "I haven't read any HPFP types of issues with the X5" so I went over to the E70 blog and posed the question: Has anyone experienced an HPFP related problem with their X5? The current generation of E70 X5's use FI engines. The 3.5 version uses the same N55 engine as found in the 335. The 5.0 version uses a FI 4.4 liter engine. It appears as if the HPFP issue was either limited to the 3-series implementation or BMW got a handle on it prior to the release of the FI X5's. Either way it looks positive for the F30.
good to hearI hope so?