Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 12-17-2011, 02:05 PM
iwantone iwantone is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 501
Mein Auto: '05Accord Cpe,'07Wrangler
Greg - Didnt know my deal counted as year end 50 yard dash...

2012 750- Active Hybrid $19,750 below invoice.

Payment in the range of $620 with ED, MSD and tax paid upfront. Cheers.
__________________

ED 01/20/2012: 2012 750i ActiveHybrid | Deep Sea Blue with Saddle and Black Nappa leather | Driver Assistance Package

Read my ED Trip report here http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=595402

Last edited by iwantone; 12-17-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-17-2011, 08:14 PM
XJSChris XJSChris is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Road
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 352
Mein Auto: Car
Thumbs down

Here is the steal of a deal that was offered to me at Lauderdale BMW of Fort Lauderdale for a 2011 528i lease Needless to say, I was livid. This would have been my third vehicle from this dealership. The vehicle was one of four 2011 528i's left on the lot.

The CA (the one referred to me by my last CA who retired) had no idea what the MF or Residual were. When I asked, the CA responded with the, "what monthly payment do you want?" The CA noticed the DoD decal on my existing 528i and had the nerve to tell me that there was a USAA/military dicsount/deal, but that I "didn't hear it from him."

The 2011 528i that I was interested in was configured as follows:

Quote:
LCDF Venetian Beige Dakota Leather
ZCV Convenience Package
ZP2 Premium Package 2
ZPP Premium Package
5DL Side and Top View Cameras
6NR BMW Apps

MSRP $55,375
Invoice: $51,125
As you can see from the attached, the numbers are all jacked-up and make no sense whatsoever. I cannot even get them to work in my Lease Calculator spreadsheet. Funny enough, the CA tried to tell me that the Sub-Total amount of $47,152 would be the negotiated amount for a lease and that $51,075 would be the amount negotiated for a purchase?!?!

I did press the CA for the MF and Residual and he walked away and came back with 0.00200 for the MF and $32,117 (24 month) and $27,687 (36 month) for the Residuals!?! I told him his numbers were bullsh*t and that the MF was jacked-up, as were the residuals. I then picked up my stuff and told him to have a nice day and left. This was after three hours of test driving two vehicles and looking at a total of five.

Un-freaking believable. My mistake: I did not take my spreadsheet with me.

The attached should serve as a warning to all. I'm going to email the CA my spreadsheet and if he can't deal then I'm walking. I'll also not purchase another BMW from that dealership, but will gladly dump my lease return on their doorstep.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img001.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	305188  

Last edited by XJSChris; 12-17-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Mikla's Avatar
Mikla Mikla is offline
E92 M3 ED on 2/20/12!
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 241
Mein Auto: 2006 330Ci Convertible
I'm sorry to hear about that, but there really aren't any good dealers in south Florida. If you're lucky enough, you might find a good salesman from time to time, and then you have to follow that person everywhere when you find one. I'm in the market for an M3 and have been looking for months. The guy I knew moved on and I can't find him. So far I've spoken to either very stupid or very dishonest salespeople. I won't buy from any of them.

I'm now looking out of state or I might place an ED order. One of the sponsors, Adrian Avila, is a very knowledgeable and patient salesman, if you want to try a deal with him. You won't have to educate him. Good luck with your search.

Mikla

Last edited by Mikla; 12-17-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-17-2011, 08:33 PM
XJSChris XJSChris is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Road
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 352
Mein Auto: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikla View Post
I'm sorry to hear about that, but there really aren't any good dealers in south Florida. If you're lucky enough, you might find a good salesman or two, and you have to follow them everywhere when you find them.
I did find one but he retired. Had leased two vehicles from that guy. He was really great and my Lease Calculator spreadsheets were always pennies off of his paperwork/offer.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-18-2011, 06:12 PM
David-sFL David-sFL is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boca Raton
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 36
Mein Auto: 08 335i Tit. Silver/Black
Having issues in South FL too. Today's example is from Vista BMW where the CA tried to convince me that even if I'm rolling the tax into my lease I also had to pay taxes on the sale of the vehicle. He was all messed up and I finally had to get the sales mgr to correct him.

Nowhere near a deal on the X3's. Tried both 2011 and 2012's but there are few in inventory. Even demo X3's at $660/mo, gimme a break. Working with Audi tomorrow just to see how the Q5 compares.

I had a great guy (my last 3 leases.. 540i, 330, 335) at Braman in WPB but he moved back up north. So did the Sales Mgr that I liked.

Dave
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Mikla's Avatar
Mikla Mikla is offline
E92 M3 ED on 2/20/12!
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 241
Mein Auto: 2006 330Ci Convertible
It's either the heat or the salt water that makes people crazy down here!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-18-2011, 07:22 PM
SARAFIL's Avatar
SARAFIL SARAFIL is offline
I know a thing or two...
Location: Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,407
Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantone View Post
Greg - Didnt know my deal counted as year end 50 yard dash...

2012 750- Active Hybrid $19,750 below invoice.

Payment in the range of $620 with ED, MSD and tax paid upfront. Cheers.
This deal seems really tempting, but there are a couple of things that I think you also need to keep in mind depending on where you live.

-While the 750i AH lease is probably in the range of a 335i or 528i with these deals, you will still have a $100k+ cars in the eyes of the municipal/state gov and your property taxes will be calculated accordingly. Where I live, that means ~$4k a year vs. ~$2k a year.

-Similar issue with insurance... a 750i AH will likely be more expensive to insure.

Your overall deal might still be well within your budget, but make sure you factor these additional costs in when you decide that the 750i AH is a better buy than going for a plain 528 or equivalent.
__________________
2011 BMW 335xi Sedan -- Black Sapphire / Black Leather
Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Navigation

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-18-2011, 07:57 PM
XJSChris XJSChris is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Road
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 352
Mein Auto: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJSChris View Post
Here is the steal of a deal that was offered to me at Lauderdale BMW of Fort Lauderdale for a 2011 528i lease Needless to say, I was livid. This would have been my third vehicle from this dealership. The vehicle was one of four 2011 528i's left on the lot.

The CA (the one referred to me by my last CA who retired) had no idea what the MF or Residual were. When I asked, the CA responded with the, "what monthly payment do you want?" The CA noticed the DoD decal on my existing 528i and had the nerve to tell me that there was a USAA/military dicsount/deal, but that I "didn't hear it from him."

The 2011 528i that I was interested in was configured as follows:



As you can see from the attached, the numbers are all jacked-up and make no sense whatsoever. I cannot even get them to work in my Lease Calculator spreadsheet. Funny enough, the CA tried to tell me that the Sub-Total amount of $47,152 would be the negotiated amount for a lease and that $51,075 would be the amount negotiated for a purchase?!?!

I did press the CA for the MF and Residual and he walked away and came back with 0.00200 for the MF and $32,117 (24 month) and $27,687 (36 month) for the Residuals!?! I told him his numbers were bullsh*t and that the MF was jacked-up, as were the residuals. I then picked up my stuff and told him to have a nice day and left. This was after three hours of test driving two vehicles and looking at a total of five.

Un-freaking believable. My mistake: I did not take my spreadsheet with me.

The attached should serve as a warning to all. I'm going to email the CA my spreadsheet and if he can't deal then I'm walking. I'll also not purchase another BMW from that dealership, but will gladly dump my lease return on their doorstep.
Here is my Lease Calculator worksheet for that vehicle. $637 dollars a month, INCLUSIVE of taxes. Assuming 36 month, 12k miles, 56% residual, and 0.00195 MF for a 2011 528i with a final selling price of $47,152.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lease_worksheet.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	305313  
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:18 PM
iwantone iwantone is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 501
Mein Auto: '05Accord Cpe,'07Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
This deal seems really tempting, but there are a couple of things that I think you also need to keep in mind depending on where you live.

-While the 750i AH lease is probably in the range of a 335i or 528i with these deals, you will still have a $100k+ cars in the eyes of the municipal/state gov and your property taxes will be calculated accordingly. Where I live, that means ~$4k a year vs. ~$2k a year.

-Similar issue with insurance... a 750i AH will likely be more expensive to insure.

Your overall deal might still be well within your budget, but make sure you factor these additional costs in when you decide that the 750i AH is a better buy than going for a plain 528 or equivalent.
How does leasing a 100k+ car affect property taxes? Care to elaborate..
__________________

ED 01/20/2012: 2012 750i ActiveHybrid | Deep Sea Blue with Saddle and Black Nappa leather | Driver Assistance Package

Read my ED Trip report here http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=595402
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:52 PM
SARAFIL's Avatar
SARAFIL SARAFIL is offline
I know a thing or two...
Location: Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,407
Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantone View Post
How does leasing a 100k+ car affect property taxes? Care to elaborate..
If your state charges personal property tax, it is charged based on the value of the car. Your local tax assessor will look up the book value for your car and tax BMWFS based on that value. BMWFS pays that tax and then it shows up on your bill and you have to pay it. Oh, and to add insult to injury, when BMWFS bills you for the property tax you will also have to pay sales/use tax on the property tax!

point is, if you get a 750 the property tax would be based on the book value of that which would be significantly higher than a 3-series or 5-series that you would typically get for a $600 payment. So while you get to drive a 7-series for 3-series money, you will owe 7-series money when you get the tax bill and you should be prepared for that.

If your state does not charge property tax then you are lucky and wouldn't have to deal with this.
__________________
2011 BMW 335xi Sedan -- Black Sapphire / Black Leather
Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Navigation

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:53 PM
chrischeung chrischeung is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,369
Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
Many states tax their cars based on MSRP/value. For example, in CA, VLF is based on value. NC also has property tax based on value. Often it varies by county. If you're used to seeing an annual registration/property tax bill and thinking "WTF is this paying for?", then it will probably be more with the 750iAH, otherwise it's probably a basic flat rate per vehicle.

Regarding insurance, I just called GEICO, and my policy will increase by about $260 per year. About a 30% increase on a 2 car policy. So if I had only 1 car, perhaps it would be 50% more than my 2011 M3 convertible.
__________________
2012 ActiveHybrid 750i ED

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-18-2011, 09:05 PM
SARAFIL's Avatar
SARAFIL SARAFIL is offline
I know a thing or two...
Location: Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,407
Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
"The value for each motor vehicle as listed shall represent one hundred per cent of the average retail price applicable to such motor vehicle in this state as of the first day of October in such year as determined by said secretary in cooperation with the Connecticut Association of Assessing Officers."

"All values are multiplied by the state mandated 70% assessment ratio to derive the assessment and then by the mill rate to produce the tax bill."


So the formula for any given car would be:

NADA Retail Value * 70% * Town Mill Rate
__________________
2011 BMW 335xi Sedan -- Black Sapphire / Black Leather
Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Navigation

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-19-2011, 02:56 AM
iwantone iwantone is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 501
Mein Auto: '05Accord Cpe,'07Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
"The value for each motor vehicle as listed shall represent one hundred per cent of the average retail price applicable to such motor vehicle in this state as of the first day of October in such year as determined by said secretary in cooperation with the Connecticut Association of Assessing Officers."

"All values are multiplied by the state mandated 70% assessment ratio to derive the assessment and then by the mill rate to produce the tax bill."


So the formula for any given car would be:

NADA Retail Value * 70% * Town Mill Rate
Ok. Personal property tax for cars is not applicable in NJ.


Sent from my SGH-I997 using Bimmer
__________________

ED 01/20/2012: 2012 750i ActiveHybrid | Deep Sea Blue with Saddle and Black Nappa leather | Driver Assistance Package

Read my ED Trip report here http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=595402
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Alpine300ZHP Alpine300ZHP is offline
East Coast Commuter
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,921
Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikla View Post
I'm sorry to hear about that, but there really aren't any good dealers in south Florida. If you're lucky enough, you might find a good salesman from time to time, and then you have to follow that person everywhere when you find one. I'm in the market for an M3 and have been looking for months. The guy I knew moved on and I can't find him. So far I've spoken to either very stupid or very dishonest salespeople. I won't buy from any of them.

I'm now looking out of state or I might place an ED order. One of the sponsors, Adrian Avila, is a very knowledgeable and patient salesman, if you want to try a deal with him. You won't have to educate him. Good luck with your search.

Mikla
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJSChris View Post
I did find one but he retired. Had leased two vehicles from that guy. He was really great and my Lease Calculator spreadsheets were always pennies off of his paperwork/offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David-sFL View Post
Having issues in South FL too. Today's example is from Vista BMW where the CA tried to convince me that even if I'm rolling the tax into my lease I also had to pay taxes on the sale of the vehicle. He was all messed up and I finally had to get the sales mgr to correct him.

Nowhere near a deal on the X3's. Tried both 2011 and 2012's but there are few in inventory. Even demo X3's at $660/mo, gimme a break. Working with Audi tomorrow just to see how the Q5 compares.

I had a great guy (my last 3 leases.. 540i, 330, 335) at Braman in WPB but he moved back up north. So did the Sales Mgr that I liked.

Dave
All of you South Florida people need to get with Adrian like I have said numerous times. If you insist on buying locally I can recommend some C.A.'s that I know and trust, but I would still recommend you go to Adrian first. PM me if you want contact info(I know guys at Braman WPB, Coggin Treasure Coast and Lauderdale Pembroke Pines).
__________________
~ 14 435 (with MPPK) My daily beater
~ 14 x3 35i Hers
- Previous BMW's - Way too many to list here (17)

Last edited by Alpine300ZHP; 12-19-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-19-2011, 08:44 AM
JustinTJ's Avatar
JustinTJ JustinTJ is offline
I saw the light!
Location: Jupiter, FL
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 663
Mein Auto: 13 F30
Yep, I do Jupiter FL to Union City GA in just under eight hours.
__________________

2013 335i F30 M Sport (ZMM, EBII, ZDH, ZTP, 2TB, 688) My ED Trip
2002 E36/7 Topaz Blue Roadster
BMWCCA Member ID: 456926
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-19-2011, 01:19 PM
gmblack3 gmblack3 is offline
Paint polishing expert
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 698
Mein Auto: 2011 335is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300ZHP View Post
All of you South Florida people need to get with Adrian like I have said numerous times. If you insist on buying locally I can recommend some C.A.'s that I know and trust, but I would still recommend you go to Adrian first. PM me if you want contact info(I know guys at Braman WPB, Coggin Treasure Coast and Lauderdale Pembroke Pines).
Some of us are fortunate enough to be only a 20 mile drive from Adrian.

I have been working with Adrian over the last 10 days on our ED order. This is my first ED and I am very happy so far with his professionalism and attention to detail.
__________________


Bryan Burnworth

Mine-2011 335is SGM

Hers-12 535i GT DSMB/Cinnamon Welt 1/31/2012

Kelleners Hamburg Graphite Silver Metallic 19x8.5/9.5 Michelin PS A/S+ Gloss to the max by me.

99 740il-sold 52k-157k
94 540ia-sold 98k-155k
93 740il-sold 92k-147k
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Alpine300ZHP Alpine300ZHP is offline
East Coast Commuter
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,921
Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTJ View Post
Yep, I do Jupiter FL to Union City GA in just under eight hours.
That sounds about right. Took me 7.5 in February when I picked up the 335d from Adrian. Just watch those Georgia State Troopers when you get north of Valdosta....they are relentless.
__________________
~ 14 435 (with MPPK) My daily beater
~ 14 x3 35i Hers
- Previous BMW's - Way too many to list here (17)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-20-2011, 05:36 PM
NASA43's Avatar
NASA43 NASA43 is offline
Make Their Ass Quit!
Location: Alabama
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,265
Mein Auto: 2008 M3
Picked up a 2011 328i sedan today:
MSRP. $44225
Sell Price. $38370
Payment. $403

Lease is 3 year/12k miles. Only thing down was 7 SDs, first payment, and title fee. Additonally, dealer is purchasing my old lease from BMWFS which absolves me of the last two $491 payments. Also, we were already over the mileage limit by 3k so this saved me another $600 minimum.

The wife is very happy. Got a brand new car, more options than the old car, and the payment went down $88/month. Dealer happy, got rid of a 2011 and they made very good profit on the deal.
__________________
2008 M3 Sedan, Silverstone II, Fox Red Extended, 6MT
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Justin T's Avatar
Justin T Justin T is offline
Launch Control Ready
Location: The TPC just off 485 in CLT
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,174
Mein Auto: 11 997.2 S & 11 335 ZMZ
OK...thanks much to Will @ Long Beach...will write up a separate post on my great experience with Will soon.

2011 335i Sedan - ZMP (w/ the style 193s), ZPP, ZMZ, HK, Nav, Htd Seats. MSRP $53,750. $450 a month including stupid Phoenix 9.3% tax. Enhanced loyalty, 7 MSDs, minor cap cost ($250) to get under $450.
__________________
Thank god i got rid of the Z4...
Previous cars: 10 135i, 08 E90 M3, 07 E550 Mercedes, 03 Corvette Z06, 01 Audi S4, 89 Porsche 944 Turbo S, 88 BMW M6
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-20-2011, 07:19 PM
bmwloverinsocal bmwloverinsocal is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southern California
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 147
Mein Auto: 2011 335i e92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin T View Post
OK...thanks much to Will @ Long Beach...will write up a separate post on my great experience with Will soon.

2011 335i Sedan - ZMP (w/ the style 193s), ZPP, ZMZ, HK, Nav, Htd Seats. MSRP $53,750. $450 a month including stupid Phoenix 9.3% tax. Enhanced loyalty, 7 MSDs, minor cap cost ($250) to get under $450.
whats the lease term?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-20-2011, 08:04 PM
chrischeung chrischeung is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,369
Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin T View Post
including stupid Phoenix 9.3% tax.
Why is it stupid? If you bought the car in-state would you not have to pay the tax or got a credit due to trade in? Or cash purchases are taxed lower than leases?

For some reason I always thought that AZ was a better state for taxes, hence a lot of companies setting up shop there. But I honestly have no idea.
__________________
2012 ActiveHybrid 750i ED

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454

Last edited by chrischeung; 12-20-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-20-2011, 11:26 PM
Jon Shafer's Avatar
Jon Shafer Jon Shafer is offline
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Santa Barbara
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,215
Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
I did a 2011 328i (in stock) for a Bimmerfest member the other day for $1,000.00 under invoice before incentives.
It had been on the lot too long. If anyone can settle on an in-stock unit now is the time; similar savings to be had.

Must come from current inventory, pick-up in Santa Barbara. That is the only caveat.

__________________
Order your new BMW Today! BMW SANTA BARBARA jshafer@sbautogroup.com


Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-21-2011, 06:11 AM
poofyo101 poofyo101 is offline
Registered User
Location: NC
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 40
Mein Auto: M3
Any dealers with any X5d they can do for a great price?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-21-2011, 08:45 AM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASA43 View Post
Picked up a 2011 328i sedan today:
MSRP. $44225
Sell Price. $38370
Payment. $403

Lease is 3 year/12k miles. Only thing down was 7 SDs, first payment, and title fee. Additonally, dealer is purchasing my old lease from BMWFS which absolves me of the last two $491 payments. Also, we were already over the mileage limit by 3k so this saved me another $600 minimum.

The wife is very happy. Got a brand new car, more options than the old car, and the payment went down $88/month. Dealer happy, got rid of a 2011 and they made very good profit on the deal.
How much profit did the dealer make?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Justin T's Avatar
Justin T Justin T is offline
Launch Control Ready
Location: The TPC just off 485 in CLT
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,174
Mein Auto: 11 997.2 S & 11 335 ZMZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwloverinsocal View Post
whats the lease term?
Sorry! 36/10k
__________________
Thank god i got rid of the Z4...
Previous cars: 10 135i, 08 E90 M3, 07 E550 Mercedes, 03 Corvette Z06, 01 Audi S4, 89 Porsche 944 Turbo S, 88 BMW M6
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms