Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:01 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 X5 3.0 & 2008 750Li
Iphone IOS5 Question

I have a question for you guys:
On my iPhone 4, I upgraded from 4.3 to 5.0 that day it came out. I am pretty sure that I see a difference on the way contacts are imported through the bluetooth. In version 4.3, I am 99% sure that when a contact has BOTH a company name and a contact person (first name, last name) the COMPANY NAME would be displayed in my phone contact list, in the iDrive. Now, that I have upgraded to 5.0, the contact is being displayed by contact person and company name is being ignored.

Example: I want to order I pizza from Pappa's Pizza, Pappa's Pizza is not being displayed. Instead, the iDrive is displaying "Lenny", who is my contact person there. This is pretty much worthless. If I delete "Lenny" from the card on the phone, then Pappa's Pizza is properly displayed.

Would someone who is still running IOS4, please check how Companies are being displayed? Don't forget the entry must have BOTH a company name and a contact name.

2011 X3
Nav & Apps
MX-003.004.031, TX-003.004.031

Thank you.

Last edited by zlee1; 12-08-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 12-08-2011, 11:52 AM

Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
I have an iPhone with iOS5 and a 2011 E90. My observed behavior is as as follows:

If I have both a company name and a person name in the contact, it displays the person's name. Otherwise, it displays company name or person name depending on which one is present. I have overcome this by having a separate contact for the general business and another for a person at a business I wish to contact.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:47 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi
Same issue. I'm not too fond of this latest IOS. I feel like I've lost a quarter of my contacts.