Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
My fluid was pretty dark before I changed it. I thought the color was light green but as long as it's not dark you are OK. That system does more than just power steering and it does take a fair amount of fluid to fill it and uses some occasionally. Not sure why though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan904 View Post
Ok, so I checked it again just to make sure it was purple as I was just going off what the picture showed. I dipped a white paper towel and it came out looking like this. Def not purple. Doesn't look very green either, may have a slight tint, but at least it looks pretty clean : )

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 AM
diesel evangelist

Mein Auto: Camry hybrid + MB e300D-T
I'd be concerned if I was losing PS fluid on a regular basis. Definitely look over the system for any signs of leak and get that corrected if you need to add fluid.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 645ci
When I checked it and it was dry, my car had been sitting for a few hours. I drove to get the fluid, and when I went to top it off the reservoir was almost full to the max line on the dip stick...Are you supposed to start the car before checking it or something? I only had to add just a tiny bit...
Old 11-21-2012, 07:03 AM
diesel evangelist

Mein Auto: Camry hybrid + MB e300D-T
Quote:
Originally Posted by shan904 View Post
When I checked it and it was dry, my car had been sitting for a few hours. I drove to get the fluid, and when I went to top it off the reservoir was almost full to the max line on the dip stick...Are you supposed to start the car before checking it or something? I only had to add just a tiny bit...
Check your owners manual for the procedure. It seems to differ from car to car.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
My fluid is a brownish color. It sounds like different manufactures use different color dyes. As long as you have the CHF-11s fluid, you should be ok. If you keep losing fluid, I would try & find the leak fast. Repair cost could be astronomical!

Good Luck!