Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:30 PM

Mein Auto: 745i
02 745i Won't allow me to enter maint. reset function

I have read and performed the procedure to resetting the Maint. values on the idrive system, but am unable to get into the function for resetting the maint. values,,,,, has anyone else ever had a proble like this? how do you reset the values if the computer wont allow me to access the maint reset function?
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2011, 05:33 PM

Mein Auto: 745i
i am trying to reset the milage for the front brake lining. i replaced the brakes about 3 months and 8 thousand miles ago and have had no problems with them at all.... now the message on the idrive says the linings need to be replaced... i just need to be able to get into the maint reset function to do this... but the idrive wont let me.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims745 View Post
i am trying to reset the milage for the front brake lining. i replaced the brakes about 3 months and 8 thousand miles ago and have had no problems with them at all.... now the message on the idrive says the linings need to be replaced... i just need to be able to get into the maint reset function to do this... but the idrive wont let me.

If you did not replace the brake warning sensor, it might be the problem. If the ckt is open, it thinks it bad!