Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 12-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpowders View Post
I think any BMW would impress a lot of females. And if you buy one used, they won't know that. A lot of 2007 and 2008 3 Series cars look like new cars. Most females don't know a 328i from a 335i.
Hey, I do know a 328i from a 335i But seriously, any girl whois attracted to a guy cos of what he drives is shallow. Guys should never take girls like that seriously. And yes, why will any guy wants a girl whois attracted to what he drives in the first place. I have people who drive Maseratis and Lamoborghinis in the bldg where I live. I won't be interested in them just cos they drive those cars. Do I think they are better? No, they just probably have more money but who knows where these money are from. Okay I know one of them is a rapper, then again so what they have super nice car? Guys, remember great personality and a good decent job are more important than things (cars, houses, yacht, etc) that will get broken.

Btw, my bad, I am the only female out of the 8 bimmer convertibles in this bldg. There are females who love convertibles, then there are many females who hate to get their hair messed up. Just my lil opinion

2011 328i Convertible | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim| Sports | Premium | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Harmon Kardon | iPod/USB
Old 12-22-2011, 01:13 PM

Mein Auto: E30 M3, 2012 X3
Perfect Answer.... If She's an Enthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD 335is View Post
But what if she were also a car enthusiast and your discriminating taste in automobiles and appreciation of fine engineering tell her that you have a lot in common. All bets are off though if she drives an Audi.
Well if she is an enthusiast then there is only one answer! The E30 M3, The Real M3. The one that truely was a car born to race and BMW had to sell them to the public to meet the homogulation rules. That would be the one lacking creature comforts but a true drivers car that is fun to drive and toss around.

I'd part with 1990 M3 if you're interested. Since I already have the most wonderful wife in the world and I no longer drive it much at all. Seasons change and life has taken new directions so a little culling of the herd is in order.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by terri_atl View Post
Hey, I do know a 328i from a 335i But seriously, any girl whois attracted to a guy cos of what he drives is shallow. Guys should never take girls like that seriously. And yes, why will any guy wants a girl whois attracted to what he drives in the first place. I have people who drive Maseratis and Lamoborghinis in the bldg where I live. I won't be interested in them just cos they drive those cars. Do I think they are better? No, they just probably have more money but who knows where these money are from. Okay I know one of them is a rapper, then again so what they have super nice car? Guys, remember great personality and a good decent job are more important than things (cars, houses, yacht, etc) that will get broken.

Btw, my bad, I am the only female out of the 8 bimmer convertibles in this bldg. There are females who love convertibles, then there are many females who hate to get their hair messed up. Just my lil opinion
Many gals like nice cars but they don't know much about them. The gals on car forums are the exception. We have one female on E90/E93 who knows more about BMW's than most guys there.

Terri, you are dead on right in everything you wrote. So many folks break up because they were attracted to superficial nonsense without much substance.

By the way, it's not only the gals who hate to get their hair messed up!

Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-09/02/2014: 9.25 great years on Bimmerfest!!!

Last edited by hpowders; 12-22-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_330 Send a message via Skype™ to thumper_330
Mein Auto: 2012 K1600GT, 2008 M3
Best BMW to attract the girls?

One that's paid for.

They like it when you can actually afford to take them to dinner.

Oh, and one that's under warranty... for the exact same reason
2012 BMW 135i - Deep Sea Blue / Terracotta / DCT *SOLD*
2012 BMW K1600GT - Vermillion Red Metallic
2008 BMW E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Silver / 6MT

http://www.driveblog.net
Old 12-22-2011, 02:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650I
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper_330 View Post
best bmw to attract the girls?

One that's paid for.

They like it when you can actually afford to take them to dinner.

Oh, and one that's under warranty... For the exact same reason
lol
Old 12-22-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Many gals like nice cars but they don't know much about them. The gals on car forums are the exception. We have one female on E90/E93 who knows more about BMW's than most guys there.

Terri, you are dead on right in everything you wrote. So many folks break up because they were attracted to superficial nonsense without much substance.

By the way, it's not only the gals who hate to get their hair messed up!
I confess, I don't know alot about cars but I am learning esp through this forum. Yup, the key word is "substance".

I really can't imagine how can guys' hair can get messed up. It will not be as bad as girls cos we girls (most of us at least) have long hair My mom has short hair and she hates to get her hair messed up, needless to say she isn't too pleased when I put my top down.

And btw, I like your forest green porsche. That color is very regal to me.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 F10 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedstuyguy86 View Post
Lol... honestly i've gotten woman off of the car I drive. Then again I don't need my car to get them either. But there is some truth to woman being attracted to guys in attractive cars, anyone who thinks otherwise must not be driving something that attracts females.
Oh there is truth, especially if you pull that in Montecatini late at night by the disco.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: JB 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvo7 View Post
Well, I do get jealous everytime I go to the clubs. MY friends and I are the guys at the back of the line. Then you see some guy in a nice car driving up, getting valet parking, and out comes a model looking girl. I bet many of you all get that same feeling.
I don't know much in the way of "trifling hoes", but I believe strongly in life's system of checks and balances...the man that has the model looking girl and the nice car usually has a myriad of problems. One problem being that the model has had her brain tissue removed to lose weight, a few other examples being family problems, declining wealth, immoral work practices...the list goes on. This isn't always the case, but the grass isn't always greener.

If you want something short-term, use your car. If you want something long-term, hide your car. And if your car is a very big part of your life, wait for someone who will be able to give you a run for your money when discussing cars. They're out there.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

Quote:
I confess, I don't know alot about cars but I am learning esp through this forum. Yup, the key word is "substance".

I really can't imagine how can guys' hair can get messed up. It will not be as bad as girls cos we girls (most of us at least) have long hair My mom has short hair and she hates to get her hair messed up, needless to say she isn't too pleased when I put my top down.

And btw, I like your forest green porsche. That color is very regal to me.
Thanks for the compliment, Terri! Getting tired of all the white, gray, black and silver cars. I love the names they come up with: forest green, alpine white, space gray.

I have a lot of hair, but it's very straight and fine. I refuse to put any junk on it, so it blows all over the place. Both my cars have sunroofs and I keep them open whenever I can, but I crack myself up when I look in the mirror after I get home.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment, Terri! Getting tired of all the white, gray, black and silver cars. I love the names they come up with: forest green, alpine white, space gray.

I have a lot of hair, but it's very straight and fine. I refuse to put any junk on it, so it blows all over the place. Both my cars have sunroofs and I keep them open whenever I can, but I crack myself up when I look in the mirror after I get home.
I like your forest green (very regal as I have mentioned). Not a big fan of white or silver. I personally like black. I find black looks nice in almost any car. Even a mediocre car looks better when it is in black. Of cos having black = lots of maintenance. just like in any dark colored cars, maybe even more. So having a black car is like "dating a supermodel, very high-maintenance but it looks absolutely gorgeous"

C'mon, no matter how, it won't be as bad as we females who have long hair. Hmmm.. unless you have long hair If yes, try a headband
Old 12-22-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamclean View Post
I don't know much in the way of "trifling hoes", but I believe strongly in life's system of checks and balances...the man that has the model looking girl and the nice car usually has a myriad of problems. One problem being that the model has had her brain tissue removed to lose weight, a few other examples being family problems, declining wealth, immoral work practices...the list goes on. This isn't always the case, but the grass isn't always greener.

If you want something short-term, use your car. If you want something long-term, hide your car. And if your car is a very big part of your life, wait for someone who will be able to give you a run for your money when discussing cars. They're out there.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

Quote:
I like your forest green (very regal as I have mentioned). Not a big fan of white or silver. I personally like black. I find black looks nice in almost any car. Even a mediocre car looks better when it is in black. Of cos having black = lots of maintenance. just like in any dark colored cars, maybe even more. So having a black car is like "dating a supermodel, very high-maintenance but it looks absolutely gorgeous"

C'mon, no matter how, it won't be as bad as we females who have long hair. Hmmm.. unless you have long hair If yes, try a headband
Yeah. Black is the smartest looking color, but it requires high maintenance. I hand wash my 911 every week. It shows so much dust. Nope. Headbands give me headaches!

Old 12-22-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Yeah. Black is the smartest looking color, but it requires high maintenance. I hand wash my 911 every week. It shows so much dust. Nope. Headbands give me headaches!
Try ponytails then

But if you are like me, you won't care if you let your hair down (no pun intended)
Old 12-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

Quote:
Try ponytails then

But if you are like me, you won't care if you let your hair down (no pun intended)
Ha! Ha! No pony tails for me. I don't like to stand out in a crowd. You crack me up!

Old 12-22-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
ha! Ha! No pony tails for me. I don't like to stand out in a crowd. You crack me up! :d
:d

2011 328i Convertible | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim| Sports | Premium | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Harmon Kardon | iPod/USB

Last edited by terri_atl; 12-22-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

Quote:
:d
The emoticon didn't work. Shoulda been

Old 12-22-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
The emoticon didn't work. Shoulda been
I know
Old 12-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

Quote:
I know
Okay. It got lost in cyberspace. One of the mysteries of life.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Okay. It got lost in cyberspace. One of the mysteries of life.
Yup!!

I was abit down these few days cos of car issue, but nothing makes me laugh out loud until when I read one thread that went "How do you guys afford BMWs..."
That really crack me up!! Highly entertaining!!

Last edited by terri_atl; 12-22-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

Quote:
Yup!!

I was abit down these few days cos of car issue, but nothing makes me laugh out loud when I read one thread that went "How do you guys afford BMWs..."
That really crack me up!! Highly entertaining!!
I think it started off as a sarcastic troll thread, but around here threads like that seem to have a life of their own and can last for weeks!

The OP usually disappears!!

Old 12-22-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
I think it started off as a sarcastic troll thread, but around here threads like that seem to have a life of their own and can last for weeks!

The OP usually disappears!!
But if that OP really meant what he said, I feel sad for him. But people here sure have a great sense of humor!

Old 12-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

Quote:
But that OP really meant what he said, I feel sad for him. But people here sure have a great sense of humor!
You have 2 kinds of posters here-serious folks who know a lot and have no sense of humor and others who like to have a good time. They constantly irritate each other.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:26 PM

Mein Auto: M35
7 series
08 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo SOLD
08 E60 535I LEASE OVER
02 E66 745LI LEMON
98 E39 528I SOLD
91 E30 316I SOLD
Old 12-22-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
You have 2 kinds of posters here-serious folks who know a lot and have no sense of humor and others who like to have a good time. They constantly irritate each other.
Guess I belong to the latter. Hope I didn't irritate anyone here
Then again, I am here not just to have a good time but more of learning and getting advice from the people here. There are many people here who know so much. I am grateful to everyone who has been so kind to me

Old 12-22-2011, 05:35 PM

Mein Auto: JB 335i Coupe
Quote:
And then those weirdos who do both