Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 01-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Cuztomizing

Mein Auto: 2000 BMW 528i
Thinking about installing angel eyes headlights with projector

Sup mates
I want to install angel eyes headlights with projector but got few questions
1) can i install these kind of lights on my car that only had regular halogen lights?
2) do i need to buy extra cables to make angel eyes work?
3) how does hid lights looks on these headlights?

4)Where do you guys recommend buying them from?
5)Any sales going on on headlights with angel eyes have you bought from ebay? Any good reviews

Any help its gladly appreciated.

SENT FROM SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
Old 01-20-2014, 07:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2xe39,e34,e32,e36
#1 yes you can
#2 you will need to tap into the running light real easy will go into this a little more later
#3 very nice

Umtizma are the way to go yes there more expensive but you will be more please with the function, and form then the ebay ones which tend to have little fuction example; low light output, adjusters that dont work,etc. Now back to #2 the untizma i think come with resistors pre wired in to elimanate the cop car look and the check light message . The wbay ones definately do not which if it bugs you then you would have to do this yourself. For the angel eye wiring if memory serves me I believe it was the brown/ green on the light connector on one side and the brown/blue wire on the other side and then just use chassis for ground. All three of my e39 s have aftermarket ebay light but I ended up modifying them with hid s so what i have spent on getting them to perform the way they should have I maybe only save a minimal amount of money.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:09 AM

Mein Auto: 03 540, 06 E53 4.8, Z32TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by david831 View Post
sup mates
i want to install angel eyes headlights with projector but got few questions
1) can i install these kind of lights on my car that only had regular halogen lights? <-sure
2) do i need to buy extra cables to make angel eyes work? <-yes. Tap your parking lights, or a ignition-on wire in the ecu.
3) how does hid lights looks on these headlights? <-always better than halogen if you aim them correctly.
4)where do you guys recommend buying them from? <-forum sponsors
5)any sales going on on headlights with angel eyes have you bought from ebay? Any good reviews

any help its gladly appreciated.

Sent from samsung galaxy s3
gl.

03 DINAN 540iA M-Sport (For-Sale http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...-540iA-M-Sport)
01 //M5 (soon to be DD) 06 DINAN E53 4.8iS (wife's DD), 90 Straman Z32TT (my pride & joy ride)

Gone, but not forgotten: 01 E53 3.0i, 01 525i Sport and 91 Z32TwinTurbo
Old 01-20-2014, 12:21 PM

Mein Auto: Touring and others
Yes, but you need more parts and harness. You need the ride height sensors and the harness for them. Otherwise you won't see very well and you will really piss off oncoming drivers. Some of them may be cops.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 01-20-2014, 06:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2xe39,e34,e32,e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickbuilder View Post
Yes, but you need more parts and harness. You need the ride height sensors and the harness for them. Otherwise you won't see very well and you will really piss off oncoming drivers. Some of them may be cops.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Why would you need to buy ride height sensors or harnesses or other parts ?http://www.umnitza.com/projector39-h...03-p-5659.html.

Last edited by bartelbe; 01-20-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:23 PM
www.umnitza.com

Mein Auto: ///M
Something to consider:

Call US! 877 486 6489
Available: 9am-5pm M-F