Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 3
New to Princeton NJ

Hello all, I just moved to Princeton nj area, still use a GPS to guide to work/home, not familiar with the environment, 0 friend. And yesterday I got a recall mail

1). Bmwusa.com, my online account, i got assigned to Princeton BMW, is that a good one? Do they provide loaner? I don't know anyone here, without loaner, I don't know where i can go if the service takes longer time.

2). I haven't change my address in bmwusa.com, how could they find me???? I only changed my address from USPS...

Thank you in advance!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1445000314.591854.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	305.9 KB
ID:	534146
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2015, 12:36 PM

Mein Auto: '13 320i, occ. use of X3
Maybe, Ed Snowden gave them your new address?!

More likely, the recall notice was returned to them with notification of yur new address. You can go to any BMW dealer for recall work. I go to the second closest dealer to me, but both are not far away.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:31 PM
You Don't Need to Know

Mein Auto: '14 328xi Sport Line
I'm sure a quick call to BMW of Princeton will get you their loaner policy. For recall work, I would say you should just go where it's most convenient for you--if you don't like your experience, you can find the next closest dealer for your next service call (Flemington, I'm guessing?)

2014 328i xDrive | Black Sapphire / Black Red Dakota | Sport Line | Premium Pkg | Lighting Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | Driver Assistance | Nav | Shift Paddles
Old 10-17-2015, 07:10 AM

Mein Auto: '14 328i Sedan
Princeton BMW is great for service but sucks for sales. They barely negotiated...
Old 10-17-2015, 08:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 328 X-Drive
I work near Princeton (in Trenton) but purchased my BMW through JMK and probably servicing through Bridgewater. Haven't heard anything bad about Princeton BMW.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:13 PM
BMWCCA '505245

Send a message via AIM to LycanNyc
Mein Auto: F26 X4 M40i LBB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew424 View Post
I work near Princeton (in Trenton) but purchased my BMW through JMK and probably servicing through Bridgewater. Haven't heard anything bad about Princeton BMW.
Avoid Bridgewater!

Take your service else where like I do.. Park Ave Bmw, JMK or Morristown!
Heck even Freehold if you have to

Past:'14 X3 28i M-Sport AW DHP RaceChip

X4 M40i vs 335 GT DragStrip
Check out my YouTube Channel
IG:@Frikiton

Member: BMWCCA #505245
Old 10-17-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycanNyc View Post
Avoid Bridgewater!

Take your service else where like I do.. Park Ave Bmw, JMK or Morristown!
Heck even Freehold if you have to
what happened to you at Bridgewater?? I was planning on having my 328 xdrive serviced at bridgewater since the dealership is Dinan certified. I am looking to have stage 1 installed soon and want the car serviced at a Dinan dealer.

JMK service is atrocious, especially after I brought the car in for a rattling door and the dealer didnt call me for 5 days. I had to call them and the SA didn't know what was going on nor the status of my car. Not to mention the door was taken apart without anyone discussing this with me, on a car that was a about 2 weeks old. If the fix to the problem requires the door to be taken apart, Fine, BUT call me and discuss!!
Old 10-17-2015, 08:44 PM
BMWCCA '505245

Quote:
what happened to you at Bridgewater?? I was planning on having my 328 xdrive serviced at bridgewater since the dealership is Dinan certified. I am looking to have stage 1 installed soon and want the car serviced at a Dinan dealer.

JMK service is atrocious, especially after I brought the car in for a rattling door and the dealer didnt call me for 5 days. I had to call them and the SA didn't know what was going on nor the status of my car. Not to mention the door was taken apart without anyone discussing this with me, on a car that was a about 2 weeks old. If the fix to the problem requires the door to be taken apart, Fine, BUT call me and discuss!!
First of all I would recommend against the Dinan stage1, is really not worth the money.
You're paying $1500 for what other tunes half price can accomplish better and more delivery.
Sure if you have the money I guess I won't change your mind.

If you think the JMK Service is atrocious ( i never been there, but all my friends go there or the other ones i mentioned) then you would shocked with Bridgewater. First of all I dropped my car there once for my first service oil change and didn't need a loaner, so i went to pick it up at the end day. Thought it was ok, only took it there since it was 10mins from work. Few months back took it for service, had a loaner request (2 weeks in advance) and when I arrive, I am given a 328 base model .. Really? I drive a 59k msrp car with sport seats and im given a freakin corolla ? at least put some sports seat on it.

So similar stories I have with Bridgewater, I dropped it off on thursday morning, I call friday morning to request a different loaner as this is horrible car for my long-commute awaiting over the weekend. I also called to check in the status of my car and no status was availalbe and no other loaner available (bummer).
I requested a call back from my advisor (whoever I was assigned) and no call back that day.
Monday comes and i get a call saying the part didn't arrive over the weekend so my car should be ready tuesday.
Tuesday I get a call that my car will be ready wednesday due to the part blabla.
Wednesday comes I go pick up my car, nobody is around to explain to me what was wrong with my car (nor i was explained over the phone) etc. I picked up my car and left and said to myself NEVER COMING BACK.

I just moved to Bridgewater and my room mate has similar experience with them, and I much more picky than he is. He drives a 328 E90 Coupe. Anyways, I took in my car to park ave and requested a certain advisor that i met from the forums and it was a great experience and even was flexible with arriving late as i was stuck in traffic. I spoke with loaner rep and she was able to get me a 228 as i requested since i wanted a small car. Advisor kept in touch with me throughout the day on what they found and informed they will keep my car till next day to see if they see any more issues after it gets fixed. I received a call in the morning informing me my car was ready and to pick it up whenever i can. I asked the next day as I was a bit busy that day and they said its fine. I went picked up my car to find it washed as well.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
First of all I would recommend against the Dinan stage1, is really not worth the money.
You're paying $1500 for what other tunes half price can accomplish better and more delivery.

If you think the JMK Service is atrocious ( i never been there, but all my friends go there or the other ones i mentioned) then you would shocked with Bridgewater. First of all I dropped my car there once for my first service oil change and didn't need a loaner, so i went to pick it up at the end day. Thought it was ok, only took it there since it was 10mins from work. Few months back took it for service, had a loaner request (2 weeks in advance) and when I arrive, I am given a 328 base model .. Really? I drive a 59k msrp car with sport seats and im given a freakin corolla ? at least put some sports seat on it.

So similar stories I have with Bridgewater, I dropped it off on thursday morning, I call friday morning to request a different loaner as this is horrible car for my long-commute awaiting over the weekend. I also called to check in the status of my car and no status was availalbe and no other loaner available (bummer).
I requested a call back from my advisor (whoever I was assigned) and no call back that day.
Monday comes and i get a call saying the part didn't arrive over the weekend so my car should be ready tuesday.
Tuesday I get a call that my car will be ready wednesday due to the part blabla.
Wednesday comes I go pick up my car, nobody is around to explain to me what was wrong with my car (nor i was explained over the phone) etc. I picked up my car and left and said to myself NEVER COMING BACK.

I just moved to Bridgewater and my room mate has similar experience with them, and I much more picky than he is. He drives a 328 E90 Coupe. Anyways, I took in my car to park ave and requested a certain advisor that i met from the forums and it was a great experience and even was flexible with arriving late as i was stuck in traffic. I spoke with loaner rep and she was able to get me a 228 as i requested since i wanted a small car. Advisor kept in touch with me throughout the day on what they found and informed they will keep my car till next day to see if they see any more issues after it gets fixed. I received a call in the morning informing me my car was ready and to pick it up whenever i can. I asked the next day as I was a bit busy that day and they said its fine. I went picked up my car to find it washed as well.
i know the Dinan Stage 1 is more expensive that a lot of other companies, but would rather have the ease of mind knowing that if something happens and its attributed to the Dinan mod, Dinan takes care of the repair cost seamlessly with the dealer. As opposed to me having to foot the bill and deal with the non-Dinan tuner.

it seems like your biggest issue involves the loaner car. for me, i am just happy that i get a BMW loaner. sounds like the service issue is common to many dealerships. get the loaner and then get ignored....
Old 10-17-2015, 09:43 PM
BMWCCA '505245

Quote:
i know the Dinan Stage 1 is more expensive that a lot of other companies, but would rather have the ease of mind knowing that if something happens and its attributed to the Dinan mod, Dinan takes care of the repair cost seamlessly with the dealer. As opposed to me having to foot the bill and deal with the non-Dinan tuner.

it seems like your biggest issue involves the loaner car. for me, i am just happy that i get a BMW loaner. sounds like the service issue is common to many dealerships. get the loaner and then get ignored....
Well the Dinan is so conservative you will never have an issue so in reality its not worth it by what they offer and what they're charging. I'm not 1 to say it but many. The improvement on the N20/N26 versus stock is not worth the money. Plus, there's hundreds of users using all type of tunes from piggyback (Dinan, Active8, RaceChip, BMS, AFe) to ECU Flash. And the problems are only seen when you go too aggressive so unless you're adjusting the setting on the tune to an aggressive setting you wont see any issues. By default, all the tunes will be fine out the box.

My issue was not only the loaner but also not being informed by them and days being switched over for when my car was going to be ready. Service issue with Morristown, Park Ave, Tenafly, Paul Miller, and JMK are the top mentions here.

But you're free to go with Bridgewater and let us know how it goes.

Old 10-18-2015, 04:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i XDrive
Avoid Morristown as well, I've had very bad experiences with them. I switched to JMK for service and never looked back.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535kjp View Post
Avoid Morristown as well, I've had very bad experiences with them. I switched to JMK for service and never looked back.
We're your experiences related to poor communication as well? For me, communication was non existent at JMK and a nasty receptionist that lectured me about when the loaner had to be brought back.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:09 AM

Mein Auto: '14 550xi
Circle BMW has been the best for me for service. Again if you're worried about what kind of loaner you will get, this is not the dealer for you .... But I'd rather get good service and competent techs than worry about which car I get to put a crapload of miles on for free while they have my beast!

Loaners are usually X1 320i 328i 3GT 528i etc ... Although I drop off a $90k 550i .... Loaners are not in that range

I can't imagine why one would care so much about a loaner model? You're not keeping it forever!
Old 10-18-2015, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillpusher84 View Post
Circle BMW has been the best for me for service. Again if you're worried about what kind of loaner you will get, this is not the dealer for you .... But I'd rather get good service and competent techs than worry about which car I get to put a crapload of miles on for free while they have my beast!

Loaners are usually X1 320i 328i 3GT 528i etc ... Although I drop off a $90k 550i .... Loaners are not in that range

I can't imagine why one would care so much about a loaner model? You're not keeping it forever!
I totally agree with you. I dealt with enterprise rental when I had my Audi serviced in the past. Only nicer audi loaner when my lease was coming up......

When I had my 328 serviced I was given a new 320...which was fine but not for 5 days in the dark. ...
Old 10-18-2015, 07:01 AM

Mein Auto: '14 550xi
Quote:
I totally agree with you. I dealt with enterprise rental when I had my Audi serviced in the past. Only nicer audi loaner when my lease was coming up......

When I had my 328 serviced I was given a new 320...which was fine but not for 5 days in the dark. ...
I never have a communication problem @ Circle. All the Service Advisors there are great guys and call you with updates several times while your car is there, and at the end of every day if it is there for more than 1 day. I primarily deal with the ///M advisor there, Tim Meritzus, but have worked with Bryan, Ray and Steve and all have been great.

I did not purchase my car there, as they were as bad a Bridgewater in negotiations ... but I will only service it @ Circle. Been to Freehold and Open Road-Edison in the past and horrible experiences at both.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i XDrive
Quote:
We're your experiences related to poor communication as well? For me, communication was non existent at JMK and a nasty receptionist that lectured me about when the loaner had to be brought back.
Communication was only one of the many problems I had a Morristown. SA's promising to call you and have you sitting by the phone all day just to not have them call you. Sometimes I wouldn't get called for 2 days before I got an update on my car, and there should be updates during a 48 hour period. They've dented my car (owned up to it) l, crashed one of my friends cars in the snow, burned soap into my clear coat after a car wash, and left wires dangling in my trunk after doing work.

For the 3 years I've owned a 535 I never once got a 5 series loaner at Morristown. Always a baseline 3 series. One time I got a nice 328 coupe and another time I got a sport 328 with red seats.

JMK on the other hand has been a completely different experience. I have received 535s as loaners every time except for once where they had to give me a 528 which I was fine with. The loaner lady never lectured me about the loaners. I actually asked if there was a mileage limit and she laughed and said don't drive to Canada and back. (Morristown has a 100 mile limit per day).

Communication at JMK has been great. My SA never fails to call me and update me many every day. I actually had my center cap pop out of my rim and I was half an hour away from the dealer. I called my SA and asked if I could stop by and change it. He allowed it and had all the paperwork done before I arrived. I spent 2 minutes there. And my requests to drive with a shop foreman even without an appointment have always been granted.

Completely different experiences. Glad I switched.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:02 AM
You Don't Need to Know

Mein Auto: '14 328xi Sport Line
Quote:

So similar stories I have with Bridgewater, I dropped it off on thursday morning, I call friday morning to request a different loaner as this is horrible car for my long-commute awaiting over the weekend.
I also called to check in the status of my car and no status was availalbe and no other loaner available (bummer).

I'm not sure the loaner experience is significantly different at a majority of dealers. Mine has 320s, 328s/428s with and without lines, X1s and occasionally X3s. I had a Lexus before and had the same experience. I'm not sure too many dealers that provide loaners guaranty that you get an equivalent vehicle to what you own--the point is to get you on your way and to keep you from having to to sit trapped in the dealership for hours while the work on your car, not to match your ownership experience.

2014 328i xDrive | Black Sapphire / Black Red Dakota | Sport Line | Premium Pkg | Lighting Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | Driver Assistance | Nav | Shift Paddles
Old 10-19-2015, 07:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 328i xDrive
BeeMarlo,

Welcome to the area. I bought my 328 at Princeton BMW 9/7 and they have loaners. I brought my car in to have the head rest looked at (wanted to wait for it) but the reserved a loaner for me anyway. The did mention they needed to reserve it so they probably do a brisk service business ... but I made my appt 2 days before and they had one for me. Best of luck.

todd
Old 10-19-2015, 09:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 335i GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycannyc View Post
avoid bridgewater!

Take your service else where like i do.. Park ave bmw, jmk or morristown!

Heck even freehold if you have to

+1

Some Serious Slow-Motion Snow Donut/Drifting in 335 GT
Old 11-22-2015, 01:59 PM

Mein Auto: 13 335I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillpusher84 View Post
I never have a communication problem @ Circle. All the Service Advisors there are great guys and call you with updates several times while your car is there, and at the end of every day if it is there for more than 1 day. I primarily deal with the ///M advisor there, Tim Meritzus, but have worked with Bryan, Ray and Steve and all have been great.

I did not purchase my car there, as they were as bad a Bridgewater in negotiations ... but I will only service it @ Circle. Been to Freehold and Open Road-Edison in the past and horrible experiences at both.

I like Circle BMW as well. Unlike Open Road they do not hassle you in give them all 5's. Yet Circle won the dealership of excellence award and open road did not.

JMK BMW just got sold and it now called BMW of Springfield. While Princeton BMW got sold for the 2nd time in 7 years to Holeman (who owns BMW of Mt. Larel)
Old 11-22-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy View Post
I like Circle BMW as well. Unlike Open Road they do not hassle you in give them all 5's. Yet Circle won the dealership of excellence award and open road did not.

JMK BMW just got sold and it now called BMW of Springfield. While Princeton BMW got sold for the 2nd time in 7 years to Holeman (who owns BMW of Mt. Larel)
yup...just passed JMK last night and saw the new plastic BMW Of Springfield sign. The JMK lighted sign is still up and looks funny with the BMW of Springfield superimposed on it.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search