Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 01-03-2012, 04:37 PM
TurboBusa TurboBusa is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Charleston S.C.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 254
Mein Auto: Lexus LS400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_UKTX View Post
I would absolutely get the Multi-contour seats... This is a must-have option for the X5 IMO.

I would drop the soft close doors (totally unecessary) Why don't you just get the Sports Actvity Package, it's cheaper and looks better.
You are so right Matt_UKTX and the thing is, I know it to. But the first time I saw soft close doors, they were so cool, I said my next vehicle will have them. Seems like we have the same eye because it took me 2 weeks to decide on M-sport package & Sports Activity Package. I had to make a decesion. Now u go me thinking about it again.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Penguin Penguin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,915
Mein Auto: Z4 and X5 Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBusa View Post
In your opinion.......what car has a superior paint job?
My Ford Focus and my Mom's Ford Taurus have noticeably superior paint jobs compared to BMWs. The Ford pick-up trucks I've seen also have better paint than BMWs.

Last edited by Penguin; 01-03-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-04-2012, 12:17 AM
gcaa gcaa is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: West Coast - USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 172
Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBusa View Post
In your opinion.......what car has a superior paint job?
My Black Audi A6 has an awesome paint job ... it's absolutely flawless. Though I will say that the orange peel really does not show very much on our alpine white X5 and I would buy it again even if it did

Also, think about going either cinnamon brown or oyster for the interior color. They go much better with alpine white than beige. As far as the multi-contour seats, they are very comfortable for long drives so consider them if you plan on using the X5 for a road trip every now and then. The comfort seats are a better investment than the HUD IMHO.
__________________
Present: 2012 X5 35i Premium
Present: 2006 Audi A6 Quattro

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Matt_UKTX Matt_UKTX is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 957
Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBusa View Post
You are so right Matt_UKTX and the thing is, I know it to. But the first time I saw soft close doors, they were so cool, I said my next vehicle will have them. Seems like we have the same eye because it took me 2 weeks to decide on M-sport package & Sports Activity Package. I had to make a decesion. Now u go me thinking about it again.
Here's my two cents... I would absolutely choose the Sports Activity Package over the M-Sport Package, especially given that you're not even keeping the wheels (which are the most expensive part of the package). So basically, you're paying $2500 for aluminum roof rails, body colored wheel flares and self leveling suspension. Unless you plan on towing a lot (unlikely because I don't see the VDC hitch option added) then the suspension isn't really needed. In all seriousness, it seems like a no brainer to go with the Sports Activity Package instead.

Additionally, I see that you added Active Steering. Have you driven a car with/without this option to compare? Many "BMW purists" on this site hate the Active Steering - ask AutoUnion what he thinks, ha - Many of us like the "heavy" consistent feel of the steering without this option. I would imagine that the Active Steering is definitely more Lexus-like, but once you get used to it, you may prefer the heavy steering too. Give this some thought, as you could potentially save another $1550 here.

All your other option choices are good, except for not having multi-contour seats, which I would definitely add.

Also, if you're going with Alpine White, can I suggest that you consider Oyster Nevada interior over the beige. I have this combo (I've had beige in the past) and the Oyster is MUCH easier to keep clean (mainly because all the carpets, door panels, center console and headliner (with SAP) are black. If you go with beige these items are all beige too, and a total PITA to keep looking clean. In terms of the leather itself, I don't find the Oyster any easier or worse to keep clean than beige. The Alpine/Oyster color combo is spectacular too. Highly recommended.

Finally, if you decide to forgo the M-Sport and go with the Sport Activity Package, go drive a 35d before you make your final decision. It's much cheaper and has $4230 in rebates that are not available on the 50i ($2500 Eco Credit and $1730 Nav Credit). It also gets 26 MPG (in my personal experience) and has 475 lb ft of torque

Good luck with your purchase. If you have any questions feel free to reply here or PM me.
__________________
Current:
2012 E70 X5 35d (Alpine White / Oyster)

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 E60 535i (Black Sapphire / Natural Brown)
2006 E90 330i (Jet Black / Sand Beige)
2003 E46 325i (Black Sapphire / Natural Brown)

Last edited by Matt_UKTX; 01-04-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-04-2012, 08:52 AM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: East Coast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,185
Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_UKTX View Post
Additionally, I see that you added Active Steering. Have you driven a car with/without this option to compare? Many "BMW purists" on this site hate the Active Steering - ask AutoUnion what he thinks, ha -

Quote:
Many of us like the "heavy" consistent feel of the steering without this option. I would imagine that the Active Steering is definitely more Lexus-like
It's not that I'm against EPS, it's just that BMW doesn't know how to properly calibrate this new Active Steering. My old Q7 and Jetta TDI both had the VAG version of Active Steering/EPS and it was spot on. Less assist at low speeds and perfectly firm at higher speeds. Exactly how you want it. Hell, the Cayenne has EPS steering too and it's amazingly sporty with tons of road feel.

Problem with BMW's calibration is that they quick up the ratios too much at low speeds, so lock-to-lock it's basically like 1.5 turns of the steering wheel. Too quick. And the steering doesn't firm up to Hydraulic levels of firmness ever. It gets firmer at highway speeds, but it's still not very good.

Why is it that VAG can do perfectly and offer it standard on a $25k Jetta, yet BMW can't calibrate it properly and has the audacity to charge $1,500 for its own crap?

Obviously, it's inevitable that the next gen X5 will get this EPS steering. Hopefully, they get the steering spot on.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-04-2012, 11:18 AM
ard ard is offline
Resident Curmudgeon
Location: CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,730
Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
:, yet BMW can't calibrate it properly and has the audacity to charge $1,500 for its own crap?
.
Shocker, BMW failing to properly execute systems integration/software programming. Who woulda thunk
__________________
Keep it as simple as possible...but no simpler.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-04-2012, 11:53 AM
MRV99 MRV99 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,082
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
I used to paint cars back in the day and here is my opinion on why BMW has Orange Peel in the paint. Orange Peel is due to the lack of paint on the surface. If you put paint down too thin, the paint has a tenancy to take on the peel appearance. I believe this is a direct correlation to the paint process that BMW uses which is a dry system and not a wet system. This new system eliminates the need for VOC in the solvents which most paints have and this is a direct response to Governments forcing manufactures to reduce the amount of waste a plant generates.. The Dry system has the paint be applied to the car in a dry fashion and will smooth out when baked. Without the traditional wet application, the car would need to be wet sanded, resprayed and then cleared. I would assume that they could reduce the orange peal but at a cost which BMW does not feel it should incur. Most people don't even realize there paint has orange peel.
__________________
12 X5 50i Sport
11 M3 DCT
11 X5 50i (lemon)
-- SOLD --
08 550i M-Sport
04 BMW 545I sport
07 BMW X5 4.8I sport
02 BMW X5 4.4i sport
01 BMW 540I M/sport
00 SL500
97 SL500
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-04-2012, 12:19 PM
ard ard is offline
Resident Curmudgeon
Location: CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,730
Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
^^^ If you take note, the orange peel is not present on the 'high visual' areas: hood, top fender, door below window. I beleive (but cannot state with certainty) that cars are wetsanded in these areas- or these areas otherwise controlled to pass specific QC criteria.

(I always thought that the peel formed when you were adding volume but not using highly evaporative solvents- you want a solvent that flashes off almost immediately, so the paint doesnt sag into those little 'peels'....but I'm not a car painter. I do know that mfgs are going to slower solvents and less solvents- not sure if that is a 'dry' process- but could see that exacerbating the issue.)

I was looking at a blue Panamera yesterday with orange peel- when I commented on it the person with me didn't know what I was saying, but did see it when I pointed it out. So yes, most buyers have no clue.

Easy to blame the Government... but that is only half the reason. IMO
__________________
Keep it as simple as possible...but no simpler.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-04-2012, 06:45 PM
TurboBusa TurboBusa is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Charleston S.C.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 254
Mein Auto: Lexus LS400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_UKTX View Post
I would absolutely choose the Sports Activity Package over the M-Sport Package, especially given that you're not even keeping the wheels (which are the most expensive part of the package).
Additionally, I see that you added Active Steering. Have you driven a car with/without this option to compare?
Good point ....I never really looked at it like that. Thats why I like this site, all different opinions, all different points of view. OK Matt_UKTX, Hereīs what ill do. Im dropping the M-sport.....adding the Sports Activity package....making this move will allow me to get the Multi-contour seats that you and everyone else here reccomends.
I havenīt driven a car with/without active steering. I just figured I would like it since I hate turning the steering wheel so much when parking or manuvering in parking lots......but again....ill take ur advice and drive one.
When it comes to interiors.....I absolutly love the cinnamon. But the seats and the door inserts are the only thing that are cinnamon. If the cinnamon interior was like that of the X5M...I would definitly get it. I like the idea of having most of the cabin in a light color. I do not like black interior. In my Lexus......everything is beige including the dash and steering wheel. Im not really worried about keeping it clean. Ive had a beige interior for over 12 years and managed to keep it very clean. Maybe I should tell you.....this BMW will not be a daily driver. It will be used as my Lexus was. Vacations & when I go out of town. This will be a low milage vehicle. The Lex is a 99 with 86000 miles (i had a lot of fun with that car).
I have to keep the 4.4 liter. I drive fast & I like a lot of power, even (already) thinking about the stage 1 Dinan software upgrade. This is going to be my luxury sports vehicle. Can`t wait till an SRT-8 jeep pulls up beside me. (after the ecu flash). If it was a daily driver, I would reconsider the engine size.
I appriciate everyones comments.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-04-2012, 07:18 PM
ihumphrey ihumphrey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dayton, OH
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 559
Mein Auto: 2011 535ix and 2011 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post



It's not that I'm against EPS, it's just that BMW doesn't know how to properly calibrate this new Active Steering. My old Q7 and Jetta TDI both had the VAG version of Active Steering/EPS and it was spot on. Less assist at low speeds and perfectly firm at higher speeds. Exactly how you want it. Hell, the Cayenne has EPS steering too and it's amazingly sporty with tons of road feel.

Problem with BMW's calibration is that they quick up the ratios too much at low speeds, so lock-to-lock it's basically like 1.5 turns of the steering wheel. Too quick. And the steering doesn't firm up to Hydraulic levels of firmness ever. It gets firmer at highway speeds, but it's still not very good.

Why is it that VAG can do perfectly and offer it standard on a $25k Jetta, yet BMW can't calibrate it properly and has the audacity to charge $1,500 for its own crap?

Obviously, it's inevitable that the next gen X5 will get this EPS steering. Hopefully, they get the steering spot on.
IAS is not the same as EPS...your comments on BMW's EPS are correct to an extent but don't necessarily apply to cars equipped with IAS.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-04-2012, 07:50 PM
TurboBusa TurboBusa is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Charleston S.C.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 254
Mein Auto: Lexus LS400
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Problem with BMW's calibration is that they quick up the ratios too much at low speeds, so lock-to-lock it's basically like 1.5 turns of the steering wheel. Too quick. And the steering doesn't firm up to Hydraulic levels of firmness ever. It gets firmer at highway speeds, but it's still not very good.
AutoUnion....I thought that was the whole purpose of the active steering....to keep you from having to turn the wheel so much at low speeds. Quick steering with small turns of the wheel.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-04-2012, 07:56 PM
TurboBusa TurboBusa is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Charleston S.C.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 254
Mein Auto: Lexus LS400
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcaa View Post
As far as the multi-contour seats, they are very comfortable for long drives so consider them if you plan on using the X5 for a road trip every now and then. The comfort seats are a better investment than the HUD IMHO.
Thanks gcaa.....already done. Im getting the Multi contour. Gonna keep the hud also.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-05-2012, 08:17 AM
quackbury's Avatar
quackbury quackbury is offline
///Monkeyazz Duck
Location: Not In Kansas Any More
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,461
Mein Auto: 535i M Sport; 328i Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBusa View Post
You are so right Matt_UKTX and the thing is, I know it to. But the first time I saw soft close doors, they were so cool, I said my next vehicle will have them. Seems like we have the same eye because it took me 2 weeks to decide on M-sport package & Sports Activity Package. I had to make a decesion. Now u go me thinking about it again.
Since we are talking about paint... Spend some time here reading all the threads from M Sport owners who have issues with rock chips on the lower doors and rear fenders.

I think you will be MUCH happier with regular Sport, running boards, and 20" Style 214 rims. And def get the multi contour seats.

My 2 cents. YMMV.

EDIT: Posted this before reading the whole thread. Glad to see great minds think alike. You will love the X5.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using BimmerApp
__________________


Current BMW's:
2014 535i MSport Space / Black, ZCW, ZDA, ZLP, ZLS, ZPP, H-K and 704
2014 328i Sport Wagon, Glacier / Black, ZSL, ZD2, ZD3, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, and H-K

Prior BMW's
2011 535ix MSport
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Technic
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-05-2012, 08:26 AM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: East Coast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,185
Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBusa View Post
AutoUnion....I thought that was the whole purpose of the active steering....to keep you from having to turn the wheel so much at low speeds. Quick steering with small turns of the wheel.
Yes, but quicker steering doesn't mean its sportier. It means the steering is too over boosted and the lock-to-lock ratio is too high. BMW's poor calibration of the EPS system didn't make it sportier, instead they watered down the feel and made it feel like a Lexus RX.

For proper calibration, BMW needs to take note from Audi and Porsche. They do it perfectly.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-05-2012, 10:15 AM
TurboBusa TurboBusa is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Charleston S.C.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 254
Mein Auto: Lexus LS400
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
I think you will be MUCH happier with regular Sport, running boards, and 20" Style 214 rims. And def get the multi contour seats.
Already done. Thanks. Going with the multi contour, sport activity, running boards and hopefully I can get the style 214 20" wheels. Those wheels are not an option on the X5 5.0.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-05-2012, 10:19 AM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: East Coast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,185
Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihumphrey View Post
IAS is not the same as EPS...your comments on BMW's EPS are correct to an extent but don't necessarily apply to cars equipped with IAS.
Yes, they are two diff't things, but most EPS systems DO EXACTLY what IAS do. Quicken up steering ratios at low speeds for a false sense of 'sport."

BMW merely markets it differently and charges $$$ for it, when Porsche/Audi/even VW offer it as standard equipment.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-05-2012, 10:23 AM
TurboBusa TurboBusa is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Charleston S.C.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 254
Mein Auto: Lexus LS400
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Yes, but quicker steering doesn't mean its sportier. It means the steering is too over boosted and the lock-to-lock ratio is too high.
Im just gonna have to drive one and see weather i like it or not.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Haris335 Haris335 is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 380
Mein Auto: 2012 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Yes, but quicker steering doesn't mean its sportier. It means the steering is too over boosted and the lock-to-lock ratio is too high. BMW's poor calibration of the EPS system didn't make it sportier, instead they watered down the feel and made it feel like a Lexus RX.

For proper calibration, BMW needs to take note from Audi and Porsche. They do it perfectly.
AutoUnion, have you ever driven a BMW with Active Steering? I highly doubt it. It FEELS NOTHING like a Lexus RX or LX. Day and night difference. You love repeating this non-sense. It's ok if you don't like but let just stick to facts.

My previous car was Audi S4 (before X5 but after 335i). It had audi's active steering and I didn't like it. I prefer BMW's version much better.
__________________
2015 BMW X5 xDrive35i - M Sport AW/Mocha Dakota/Hexagon Aluminum | Adaptive M | Active Steering | DAP | PP | HK | SV | (Re-Ordered)
2012 BMW X5 xDrive50i - Space Gray/Black/Dark Bamboo | Adaptive Drive | Active Steering | Prem/Sports Pckg
Retired: 2010 Audi S4
Retired: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-05-2012, 10:44 AM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: East Coast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,185
Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haris335 View Post
AutoUnion, have you ever driven a BMW with Active Steering?
In fact, many. I've driven back to back E90s with and without it. E60 with and without it too. E70s with and without it. I just haven't drank BMW's kool-aid and marketing BS and bought into the whole "Sportiness" crap.

Quote:
I highly doubt it. It FEELS NOTHING like a Lexus RX or LX.
You're taking it too literally. What is meant by that is the steering looses road feel and feels much more isolated from the road, such as like a Lexus RX or Mercedes ML. It's a feeling you get more by driving a Lexus or Mercedes, not a BMW.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Matt_UKTX Matt_UKTX is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 957
Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBusa View Post
Good point ....I never really looked at it like that. Thats why I like this site, all different opinions, all different points of view. OK Matt_UKTX, Hereīs what ill do. Im dropping the M-sport.....adding the Sports Activity package....making this move will allow me to get the Multi-contour seats that you and everyone else here reccomends.
I havenīt driven a car with/without active steering. I just figured I would like it since I hate turning the steering wheel so much when parking or manuvering in parking lots......but again....ill take ur advice and drive one.
When it comes to interiors.....I absolutly love the cinnamon. But the seats and the door inserts are the only thing that are cinnamon. If the cinnamon interior was like that of the X5M...I would definitly get it. I like the idea of having most of the cabin in a light color. I do not like black interior. In my Lexus......everything is beige including the dash and steering wheel. Im not really worried about keeping it clean. Ive had a beige interior for over 12 years and managed to keep it very clean. Maybe I should tell you.....this BMW will not be a daily driver. It will be used as my Lexus was. Vacations & when I go out of town. This will be a low milage vehicle. The Lex is a 99 with 86000 miles (i had a lot of fun with that car).
I have to keep the 4.4 liter. I drive fast & I like a lot of power, even (already) thinking about the stage 1 Dinan software upgrade. This is going to be my luxury sports vehicle. Can`t wait till an SRT-8 jeep pulls up beside me. (after the ecu flash). If it was a daily driver, I would reconsider the engine size.
I appriciate everyones comments.
Sounds like you're on the right path. It's funny, you don't like the Cinnamon because only the seats and door inserts change color, and that's exactly the reason I like it Ultimately, it's just personal taste. I hated the beige carpet, center console, etc. but my car was a daily driver. If you prefer that look, then stick with the beige. Although, I still recommend looking at one with the oyster interior - it's amazing.

You made a great choice regarding the Sports Activity Package. Congrats...
__________________
Current:
2012 E70 X5 35d (Alpine White / Oyster)

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 E60 535i (Black Sapphire / Natural Brown)
2006 E90 330i (Jet Black / Sand Beige)
2003 E46 325i (Black Sapphire / Natural Brown)
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-08-2012, 08:20 AM
boyce 06 330 boyce 06 330 is offline
Registered User
Location: TN
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 91
Mein Auto: '06 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post



It's not that I'm against EPS, it's just that BMW doesn't know how to properly calibrate this new Active Steering. My old Q7 and Jetta TDI both had the VAG version of Active Steering/EPS and it was spot on. Less assist at low speeds and perfectly firm at higher speeds. Exactly how you want it. Hell, the Cayenne has EPS steering too and it's amazingly sporty with tons of road feel.

Problem with BMW's calibration is that they quick up the ratios too much at low speeds, so lock-to-lock it's basically like 1.5 turns of the steering wheel. Too quick. And the steering doesn't firm up to Hydraulic levels of firmness ever. It gets firmer at highway speeds, but it's still not very good.

Why is it that VAG can do perfectly and offer it standard on a $25k Jetta, yet BMW can't calibrate it properly and has the audacity to charge $1,500 for its own crap?

Obviously, it's inevitable that the next gen X5 will get this EPS steering. Hopefully, they get the steering spot on.
My understanding of the BMW active steering system is that it varies the steering ratio at different speeds, so that it requires less actual turn of the steering wheel at slow speeds, and more turn at high speeds, to make the same radius turn. I don't think it varies the power steering boost at all. I drove one when looking last year, and this matches my experience... Btw, I didn't like it at all... Very unnatural. Seemed like every turn was a quarter turn of the wheel and it numbed the steering feel significantly.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-08-2012, 08:26 AM
boyce 06 330 boyce 06 330 is offline
Registered User
Location: TN
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 91
Mein Auto: '06 330i
Here's the explanation of the system from BMW's site.

http://http://www.bmw.com/com/en/ins..._steering.html


Last edited by boyce 06 330; 01-08-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-21-2012, 08:12 PM
TurboBusa TurboBusa is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Charleston S.C.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 254
Mein Auto: Lexus LS400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_UKTX View Post
It's funny, you don't like the Cinnamon because only the seats and door inserts change color, and that's exactly the reason I like it
Have you seen the X5M with the cinnamon interior?? Itís awesome. If you have time, go to BMWusa.com and build one. Thatís the cinnamon interior Iím talking about. If that was available in the X5 5.0, I would have it.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Matt_UKTX Matt_UKTX is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 957
Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBusa View Post
Have you seen the X5M with the cinnamon interior?? Itís awesome. If you have time, go to BMWusa.com and build one. Thatís the cinnamon interior Iím talking about. If that was available in the X5 5.0, I would have it.
Nice, but too much cinnamon in my opinion. I much prefer the two-tone look with the black. In fact, I normally ONLY pick interior colors that have this - oyster, natural brown, cinnamon, etc.
__________________
Current:
2012 E70 X5 35d (Alpine White / Oyster)

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 E60 535i (Black Sapphire / Natural Brown)
2006 E90 330i (Jet Black / Sand Beige)
2003 E46 325i (Black Sapphire / Natural Brown)
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-01-2012, 11:22 AM
tribecaX5 tribecaX5 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 121
Mein Auto: '11 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBusa View Post

3. 20Ē 333M wheels. (which I donít want & will be selling immediately)
Sorry to dig up an old thread but just wondering if you ever sold the 333M style wheels? I am looking for a set.

Anyone else selling their 333M's?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms