Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 01-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
Detroit Auto Show 2012 - A Preview of what's coming to the US in 2012 and beyond!

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

Detroit Auto Show 2012 - A Preview of what's coming to the US in 2012 and beyond

The Detroit Auto Show, also know as the North American International Auto Show is one of the preeminent auto shows held around the globe annually. For the 2012 show (January 14th - 22nd) BMW is pulling out the big guns with four major vehicle showcases. Bimmerfest.com will be bringing you coverage from the show of the INs and OUTs of what BMW has to offer enthusiasts in 2012. Here is a preview of the major vehicles we'll be bringing you coverage of -

The All New BMW 3 Series Sedan
Making it's World Auto Show Premiere this will be the first time the F30 has been available for the public to take in. Bimmerfest.com and F30Driver.com will be in Detroit bringing you live enthusiasts coverage of the F30. Be ready to hear what real enthusiasts think of the F30 in person. We cannot wait to let you know how the F30 speaks to us when we see it in the sheet metal.

Brush up on all the F30 BMW 3 series sedan details from the press release thread here -> BMW F30 3 series sedan press release

The BMW ActiveHybrid 5 Series
Based on the current F10 BMW 5 Series the ActiveHybrid 5 series combines the award winning BMW 6 cylinder N55 TwinPower turbo charged engine with an electric drive system and 8 speed automatic transmission for a perfect balance of performance and fuel economy. Zero to sixty in just 5.9 seconds while providing 37mpg!

More information on the high tech BMW ActiveHybrid 5 Series drivetrain in the complete press release -> BMW Unveils the ActiveHybrid 5 to the World

The All New BMW M5
The 5th generation BMW M5. There is no other way to say it, this car is a beast! This is no hybrid. It has a 4.4-litre V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo that breaths fire while making 560 hp and rocketing you and 4 others from zero to sixty in 4.4 seconds. The car looks amazing and performs the same. I can't wait to see it in person, I love the blue!

More information on the BMW F10 M5 -> The New BMW F10 M5 Smiles for the Camera -- Official Press Release and Photos

The BMW i3 Concept and BMW i8 Concept
If you've been watching TV recently you've probably seen the BMW i8 in the Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol commercials. The BMW i8 and it's little brother the i3 have been making their rounds at the Auto Shows for awhile. With the production prototypes starting to be spied these concept cars are dated but seeing the future of BMW in person is something I'm looking forward to.

More information on the future of BMW with the BMW sub brand BMWi -> BMW i3 and i8

Detroit Auto Show Details
The Detroit Auto Show Public date are January 14-22, 2012. In addition to the four major BMW showcases listed above BMW will be bringing out a good part of their existing line up. In addition there will be more then 500 other vehicles on display from all other major brands so the show is not to be missed if you can make it. If you can't make it not to worry, we'll be bringing you direct coverage of the show for Bimmerfest.com and F30Driver.com. If there is anything BMW specific you want us to cover at the Detroit Auto Show post it up and we'll do our best. For more details visit the Detroit Auto Show NAIAS website.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview-BMW-at-Detroit-Auto-Show-NAIAS-2012_1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	306992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview-BMW-at-Detroit-Auto-Show-NAIAS-2012_2.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	306993   Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview-BMW-at-Detroit-Auto-Show-NAIAS-2012_3.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	306994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview-BMW-at-Detroit-Auto-Show-NAIAS-2012_4.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	306995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview-BMW-at-Detroit-Auto-Show-NAIAS-2012_5.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	306996  

Name:	Preview-BMW-at-Detroit-Auto-Show-NAIAS-2012_6.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	306997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview-BMW-at-Detroit-Auto-Show-NAIAS-2012_7.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	306998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview-BMW-at-Detroit-Auto-Show-NAIAS-2012_8.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	306999   Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview-BMW-at-Detroit-Auto-Show-NAIAS-2012_9.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	307000   Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview-BMW-at-Detroit-Auto-Show-NAIAS-2012_10.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	307001  

Name:	Preview-BMW-at-Detroit-Auto-Show-NAIAS-2012_11.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	307002  

This article has been viewed 5318 times.