Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion of BMW's 4th generation E65/E66 7 Series flagship. The E65 generated much controversy, due to its radical styling and iDrive user difficulties. Nonetheless, the E65 broke records to become the best-selling 7-series iteration ever, especially after its 2005 facelift.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:04 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 750Li
How to replace driver side belt buckle on a 06 bmw 750Li?

Hi guys I purchase this used 2006 BMW 750Li and came with a lot of problems luck for me right well anyways one of the problems is the check engine light is on and has the belt buckle light also on the driver buckle it self needs replacement so I purchase a used one on eBay made sure it's the for the same model and everything but now I can't find nothing online on how to replace it I've found couple videos for other series and don't explain much I've also read that the air bags might deployed if not done right so is there any body that can help me out it would be greatly appreciated if anybody has any information thanks ahead of time guys
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2016, 07:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1997 528i
I did mine on a e39 and what i did was. Rolled the seat all the way back removed the front mounting bracket bolts. Than i pressed the button to move the seat forward and removed those bolts. Adjusted the seat back to middle position. Waited till car went to sleep mode with trunk open and removed the battery. Tilted the seat removed all the connections to the seat. There was also belt tensioner line attached to the seat and unhooked that. Than after all the stuff is removed, i removed the seat and worked out side of the car. After you mount back the buckle and connect all the connections that came with the buckle that is where you do the whole process in reverse. Plug the connections back to the bottom of the seat. Put back the belt tensioner line if there is one and plug back the battery. Move the seat back put the bolts back to the front and move the seat forward and put the bolts back there. I dont think the process is any different. Make sure your steering wheel is all the way retracted towards the front so it would be easy to take out the seat. I recommend second person to remove the seat so you dont scratch up anything. Hopefully i am not wrong but i am pretty sure thats the process. If you still got lights on you need to reset them.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
2006, 750li, belt buckle, bmw, diy, replacement

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Today's Posts Search