Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 roadster and coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:37 AM

Mein Auto: Z3 97' 2.8
Z3 Tire ? Toyo Versado ?

My apologies for the cross-post from the other place on the web...

I'm living in Maryland (DC area)and so long as there is no snow/ice therefore salt or sand on the roadways I'll be using my Z3 (stock 97' 2.8 w/16" wheels) for my daily 50 mile highway drive round-trip working at the National Air and Space Museum.

Now that I set the scenario any opinions on tires... my mechanic recommends Toyo Versados' he said they are low noise, good wear, great traction and control, my Michelin's are very noisy now that they are 1/2 past their useable tread life.

As for tire noise when it sounds like mine do you bet it's a concern, particularly if it's above 38F the top is down... but in reality yes of course performance is a major issue, traction, tramlining and aqua planing and such. We have a mix of weather here and so other than snow/ice an all weather seasonal tire is key.

Like I said my mechanic who is a good source of knowledge is my starting point which is why I am asking if anyone knows about the Toyo Versados' from end user perspective.

Thanks for the thoughts...

Last edited by SilverHill; 01-08-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 01-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: z3 '97 atlanta blue 2.8
you're driving a convertible roadster. is tire noise really an issue?

i'd be most concerned with handling issues, particularly tramlining and aqua planing.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 Z3 _ 2.2cc_ M Pack
Hi there!
Check the Continental Sport Contact tires, too.
I have them on my Z3 and their performance is great on both wet and dry surface.
They are not noisy at all.
Cheers!
Old 01-08-2012, 12:27 PM

Mein Auto: Z3 97' 2.8
Looking at the Toyo site and reading about the Versados' from end user perspective on other boards of course there is mixed opinions just wondering if anyone out there is using them specifically on a Z3

Carl

Last edited by SilverHill; 01-08-2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: updated