Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > 6 Series DIY

6 Series DIY
6 Series Do It Yourself (DIY) forum.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:12 PM

Mein Auto: bmw
n62 question

Have code for p0368 cam position sensor B bank 1 signal too high. Is this the intake or exhaust cam sensor or is it the ecentric shaft sensor?

also have misfires on the opposite bank on cyl 5 & 6 . Anyone seen this before?
Ads by Google
Old 01-14-2012, 06:54 AM

found out which sensor it is, pass exhaust. Swapped sensor with otherside and cleared code. Code still comes back the same.

Misfire's are actually in pending codes for all cylinders.

So it's not the sensor itself.

Cleaned the VANO's solenoids. Anyone??????????
Old 01-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
Sounds like you are clearing the codes with a generic OBD2 reader. There should be a few people around you here on the forum that have INPA & DIS. These tools will allow you to make detailed test on all sensors. If you are having random misfires on all cylinders, I suspect that you could have a small vacuum leak, or a fuel problem.

This thread should be moved to the correct model series, to get more help. I don't know what model you need help with?

Good Luck!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:45 PM

Vehicle is a 04 645i. I have access to a Snap On Solus and VAG COM both of which report the same codes.

The grounds and power have identical readings from bank to bank. Checked continuity from the problematic side (passanger) on the wire to the ECM for the reference and it has continuity.

The Alternator also decides it wants to get smoking hot, literally smokes.

I also have noted some other strange things about the car. The display shows that the headlights are out, but they are not. Below the ECU tray has some water and muck. The trunk has sand in it and some rust under the battery.

The car was purchased at auction and we don't know if it's a flood car or not, but it's awfully strange.

No vacuum leaks suspected, i've run over everything with starting fluid and no reaction even watching fuel trims which are positive 25% which does lend itself to a lean condition but I cannot verify any vacuum leaks.