Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 328i
Hi all,

I'm thinking about leasing a 2013 M3 with perm and comp packages. The price for this comes out to $70,245. So far the best quote I've got is 0 down plus taxes, registration, licensing and first month's payment (this comes out to approx $2800) plus $890/month w/o taxes for 36 months and 12k miles a year. Does this sound like a good price?

The down payment that some of you have mentioned.....does this include the taxes, registration etc or is all this over the downpayment?

Appreciate your input!

Last edited by agupta; 12-19-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 coupe ZCP DCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by agupta View Post
Hi all,

I'm thinking about leasing a 2013 M3 with perm and comp packages. The price for this comes out to $70,245. So far the best quote I've got is 0 down plus taxes, registration, licensing and first month's payment (this comes out to approx $2800) plus $890/month w/o taxes for 36 months and 12k miles a year. Does this sound like a good price?

The down payment that some of you have mentioned.....does this include the taxes, registration etc or is all this over the downpayment?

Appreciate your input!
IMO, based on the current incentives and higher residual (61% for 12k), a monthly payment of $890 appears to be on the higher side. Provide the details including MSRP, buy price (incentives factored in?), money factor and acquisition fee.

Premium and Competition packages are two but there are other options (MT vs. DCT), heated seated, enhanced sound, metallic paint, BMW apps, etc which will impact the price and lease payment.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 328i
Thanks, nhman.
This is what I'm building
Alpine white, extended fox red leather, carbon leather trim, manual tran, prem and comp pkgs. No cold weather pkg, enhanced sound, metallic paint etc. The MSRP is $70,245.

How can I find out the residual value after 36 months and 36K miles or any incentives offered on this model? The dealers didn't provide any of this information?
Old 12-22-2012, 03:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 coupe ZCP DCT
agupta, search "Ask a Dealer" on this website for residual values. There are several dealers who contribute to the forum. The values can monthly but also can be locked-in for 60 days upon submitting a credit application.

I agree with your MSRP number. The invoice, inclusive of Gas Guzzler, is $64,720. Even on a lease, always negotiate from the invoice price. The current residual for a M3 coupe is 59/61/62% for 15k/12/10 respectively. The residuals are set by BMW Financial and can not be altered by the dealer.

The key variables are the money factor (i.e. interest rate) and acquisition fee. Both can be manipulated by the dealer for profit. IMO, prior to negotiating, know these values and work-up a lease payment based on target purchase price and expected cash outlay (first, security, acquisition).

Know what incentives are available to you whether the current Holiday cash, loyalty and/or BMW Apps. A dealer could use the Holiday incentive to lower your buy price between MSRP and invoice to show a "good" discount. This incentive is from BMW and does not count against their profit.

Misc., consider the heated seats for $500 vs. the Cold Weather pkg. IMO, the other components included with the package (ski bag and headlight washers) are not worth it.