Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current)

F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current)
BMW's entrance into the 4 door coupe segment to go head to head with the Audi A7 and MB CLS

Old 01-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Spy Pictures of the 2013 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

2013 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

The spy photographers at WorldCarFans.com grabbed the first spy pictures of what is likely to be the 2013 M6 Gran Coupe. The Gran Coupe is basically a 4 door 6 series designed to complete against the Mercedes Benz CLS amoungs others. The M version of the Gran Coupe will be hopped up in typical M division fashion.

Quote:
The M6 Grandcoupe is essentially a four door version of the regular M6 coupe. It will feature the same 4.4-liter turbo V-8 found in the 2012 BMW M5, although we expect to see the M division pump a few more ponies out of its larger sibling. The M5 comes with 557 PS (410 kW / 549 bhp), but we expect the M6 Grancoupe to come closer to 600 PS (441 kW / 591 bhp).
More pictures and the fully story at WorldCarFans.com

With an expected price tag over 100K who's thinking about one of these?
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2012, 06:06 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
It will be interesting to see where this is priced. If it matches the 2012 CLS63 AMG then I will buy an M6GC. If much more then I won't.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Old 01-30-2012, 06:34 PM
SMW

Mein Auto: X5 4.8i well equipped
I am anxious to sell how the M6 Gran Coupe sells, I feel like BMW is almost segmenting the market to detailed. Once BMW releases the M6 GC, there will be 10 distinct models (X4 included), over 40 sub-models, and so on and so on. For a dealership to carry a variety will require over 200 cars on the lot.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:36 PM
The Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5SMW4.8 View Post
I am anxious to sell how the M6 Gran Coupe sells, I feel like BMW is almost segmenting the market to detailed. Once BMW releases the M6 GC, there will be 10 distinct models (X4 included), over 40 sub-models, and so on and so on. For a dealership to carry a variety will require over 200 cars on the lot.
I would imagine it will be made to order. If someone is spending this kind of money they don't want to buy whatever is on the lot.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Old 01-30-2012, 06:43 PM
SMW

Mein Auto: X5 4.8i well equipped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
I would imagine it will be made to order. If someone is spending this kind of money they don't want to buy whatever is on the lot.
That would make sense, however numerous times in New Orleans, New Jersey, and Charleston I have seen dealers with M's the lot for sale, M6, M5, X6, ... and once I saw a Alpina B7, which I thought was only available through a customers order.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 F10 550i
Well, I guess I don't turn into grandpa 7series too soon.

Seriously though, I am not sure how they get that extra door in there. Can't wait to test drive this guy.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:51 PM
The Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by numsii View Post
Well, I guess I don't turn into grandpa 7series too soon.

Seriously though, I am not sure how they get that extra door in there. Can't wait to test drive this guy.
The way they get that extra door is simple - this car is a few inches longer than a 5 series.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Old 02-02-2012, 02:55 PM
The Driver

Quote:
That would make sense, however numerous times in New Orleans, New Jersey, and Charleston I have seen dealers with M's the lot for sale, M6, M5, X6, ... and once I saw a Alpina B7, which I thought was only available through a customers order.
Yeah dealers keep a few for impulsive buyers but BMW discourages this. They usually stock simple high vol configs like black/black or white/platinum.

Same thing with the Jag XJ Supersport. The Supersport includes bespoke content - like you can have your name plaque on the dash, choose from 18 wood veneers etc. This is included in the price so Jag discourages dealers ordering them for stock because customer then can't customize.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Old 02-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 08 X54.8 04X54.4 00E46CiC
OK, go up to Greer, and take a plant tour... and you will understand the manufacturing process that allows them to build three different body styles on the same manufacturing line... Incredible. So, expect further segmenting, b/c the manufacturing is easily possible. Incredible tech!

Quote:
2001 X5 4.4, Ret.