Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:12 AM

Mein Auto: 530d GT
Delivery of 530dGT

Just got delivered my 2012 530d GT 3 days ago. It was very helpful to read your forum to make my choice. My family and I love this car. It is very quiet and powerful and still not too heavy on fuel consumption: 11 l/100km with mainly city driving.

I got the following options: Imperial blue metallic, Leather Nappa Ivory / Black, Sport leather steering wheel, 18" light alloy wheels turbine styling 271, Adaptive Drive, Integral Active Steering, Automatic operation of tailgate, Soft-Close function for doors, Trailer tow hitch, Rear view camera, Panorama glass roof, Roller sunblinds backdoor side windows, Comfort seats front, Seat heating for driver and front passenger, Fine-wood trim 'Fineline' natural, Automatic air conditioning with 4-zone control, Park Distance Control (PDC) front + rear, Xenon light, Lane Change Warning, Navigation system Professional, Preparation for mobile phone Business with Bluetooth interface, HiFi system Professional, Rear-seat entertainment, USB audio interface, Speed-limit info.
Ads by Google
Old 01-22-2012, 06:44 AM

Mein Auto: 530d GT
A few pictures:

Old 01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Congrats! Very Nice!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535ix GT
Congrats!

Jealous too - you can order everything individually whereas in the US, it's all packages based upon what is certified to come to the US (no moon roof on yours it appears let alone no deisel GT here).

Great choices!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Travel Fever

Mein Auto: 535dx
I wish we could have diesel here.

MJ14 535dx - Imperial Blue
MJ10 550 GT - Imperial Blue (retired)
MJ07 530i - Silver Grey (Sold)
Old 01-24-2012, 01:01 PM

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
When BMW has offered the diesel here, they charge a premium for it as opposed to essentailly the same price in other markets when compared to the gasoline equivalent, but then, often there's a federal tax credit for selecting that engine, bringing it back down. Now, if they did bring it here, kept the price, then the feds offered the credit, it would be cheaper. Marketing just wouldn't like that, though, even if it did increase sales, as the effective price would drop and lose 'status'.

Even when we do get a diesel choice, the engine is not the same as those offered in the rest of the world...which is one reason why we don't have as many choices. Our diesel fuel still has a lot more sulfur in it, even with the last mandated cleanup regs by the feds, to let either the fuel tank, fuel level sensors, lines, and controls be the same. Way back when, on an Audi I had, the sulfur in our gasoline caused them to redesign their fuel level senders twice before they got one that didn't end up corroding. It's the little things, and the market here doesn't seem to be big enough for them to worry about.

But, since they do offer a diesel on some models here, it doesn't seem like it would be that big a leap to offer that same engine in other models - that engineering has already been done.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:26 PM

Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
lol a diesel GT..Then the Touring lovers would reallly hate it

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.the diesel on my x5 is what's keeping me from selling it...
Old 01-26-2012, 05:43 PM

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STBimmer View Post
lol a diesel GT..Then the Touring lovers would reallly hate it

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.the diesel on my x5 is what's keeping me from selling it...
In the rest of the world, the GT diesel was one of the first models available...but, not here. Both the city and highway mileage beat the available gas models by a large amount, and it has more torque at lower rpm than the 6-cylinder gas, and almost as much as the 8. What's not to like?
Old 01-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Managing Member @ BBAL

Mein Auto: 2011 550i xDrive GT
Congrats!

I love the interior. I wish we had a diesel here in the states.
Local: 718-701-8603
Toll-free: 866-621-0646
Fax: 347-462-2473
E-mail:
Alexander@bestbuyleasing.com

BEST BUY AUTO LEASING
http://www.bestbuyleasing.com/
1020 Avenue X
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Facebook | Twitter | Yelp