Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 428xi GC
How to take care of the car

Hi guys,

What do you recommend to use on Dakota leather to make sure it stays in good condition as long as possible? (I've never had a car with leather)

And also - I'm thinking about getting Karcher pressure washer. Any recommendations on which one would be great (probably doesn't need to be super powerful?). And shampoo... my drain water goes straight to the creek so I need something bio-degradable. If you have found the one you like, please share.

Thank you!!
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2014, 05:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435 vert & X5
Whatever you use on plastic or poly, which is coating the leather.

Gary J
ED May 6, 2014 thread
435i Convertible Estoril Blue. Dakota Black/Blue M Sport
plus pretty much everything else but Parking Assistant
Old 10-01-2014, 05:50 AM

Mein Auto:
How to take care of the car

I use Adams automotive products with some Zaino mixed in. I would not use a pressure washer as that will press the dirt on the car into your clear coat finish.

Good microfiber towels will also keep scratches and swirl marks to a minimum.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-01-2014, 07:02 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2015 320i
BMW Leather conditioner/cleaner
BMW Car Wash

I used to have a couple of Karcher electric pressure washers... each lasted about a year and then they died. Moved to a Craftman gas pressure washer and never looked back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2me View Post
Hi guys,

What do you recommend to use on Dakota leather to make sure it stays in good condition as long as possible? (I've never had a car with leather)

And also - I'm thinking about getting Karcher pressure washer. Any recommendations on which one would be great (probably doesn't need to be super powerful?). And shampoo... my drain water goes straight to the creek so I need something bio-degradable. If you have found the one you like, please share.

Thank you!!
Old 10-01-2014, 07:52 AM

Mein Auto: 435i, 335d sold.
Like the majority of automotive leather Dakota is "top coated" with IIRC a urethane. I would avoid anything with lots of oils. Just keep the seams free of dirt, wipe down with damp cloth and maybe use a water-based protectant made for this type of leather.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 428xi GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl View Post
Like the majority of automotive leather Dakota is "top coated" with IIRC a urethane. I would avoid anything with lots of oils. Just keep the seams free of dirt, wipe down with damp cloth and maybe use a water-based protectant made for this type of leather.
What about m-steering wheel leather? Same thing?
Old 10-01-2014, 11:42 AM

Mein Auto: Kubota & F31 diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl View Post

I did not know this. Dang! Here I thought I knew EVERYTHING...