Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > 2004 Events > Santa Barbara, CA - May 1

Santa Barbara, CA - May 1

Old 05-02-2004, 11:05 AM
pixA4

Mein Auto:
Thumbs up Thank you to everyone that attended bimmerfest 2004!

A more involved thank you will follow once everything settles down and we all get home but Jon, Tim and I just wanted to post a quick thank you to everyone that came to the event this year. It is all of you that really make the event possible and we thank you!

We hope to see everyone again next year
Ads by Google
Old 05-02-2004, 01:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 530i 5-speed, Nav
Thanks from an attendee

I had the pleasure of attending my third consecutive Bimmerfest yesterday. May Day was a great day for the event weather-wise, and the many interesting sponsor displays were only outdone by the many beautiful BMW's that were parked all about.

My wife Inga and I drove my E39 from Fullerton to meet good friend Ed Becker (2002 E46 sedan) at his dad Ken's (E46 Touring) home in Woodland Hills. Ed brought some walkie-talkies and his beautiful Samoyed, Natasha. We caravaned up ahead of many of the Southern California groups, and used the inter-car communication devices to compare RPM's, speedos, share the Showground address so we could both enter it into our Nav units,etc.

We parked next to three other E39's, and I talked to some of my Bimmerfest / Roadfly acquaintances, including VietSB, who rode up with others (I think his E39 is too low to clear freeway pavement, so he can now only truck it from place to place ). They were busy shining their wheels, etc. I was busy learning that I had let the battery run down in my digital camera, so I didn't get a single picture.

Next, I started walking around the already parked cars, looking and saying "Hi" to lots of fellow BMW lovers. At one point I encountered the Petlows, Andrew and Carolyn, who are Santa Barbara residents, and brought their 740i Sport and X5 over to keep everyone company. I saw Andrew all over for the rest of the day, taking pictures of just about everything!

We looked at the sponsor booths, signed up for the BMW bicycle (which I will no doubt win on Monday when that drawing takes place), talked to several friends I've made through BMW ownership, and made some more, including Propellerhead (Jay) who had driven 32 hours from Memphis in his beautiful siver E39 540i/6.

We got our Tri Tip sandwiches, entered the drawing, drank the water from Crevier Creek in the secluded wilds of Orange County, and then I heard my name called as winner of a pair of E46 stabilizer bars. Naturally, I didn't need them, since I don't have an E46, so I told Jon and company to draw another name for that prize. In exchange, I was given a folder full of AC Schnitzer / Claus Ettensberger product information, and an AC Schnitzer hood emblem and key chain. (A couple of minutes later, I was thinking "eBay", but I'm sure someone else was happy with those bars.)

We didn't go on the drive - that's three years in a row I've missed it - but headed back for "civilization" in the beautiful afternoon sunshine. We stopped in Pasadena to see our daughter, then headed on home to end a long day that began at about 5:20.

We must says thanks to all of you who organized Bimmerfest West, and to all of you who volunteered your time to direct parking, etc. But most especially, thanks to Jon Shafer for his vision and persistence (and time, and charming family) in keeping the event going and growing!

Sincerely,
Colin and Inga Campbell
Old 05-02-2004, 02:09 PM

Mein Auto: A highly Modded E21
Must say, thanx for all the hard work guys. I had a blast and cant wait till next year! It was just an amazing day

E21 LEGION
Bimmerfest: 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10 Veteran
Old 05-02-2004, 04:07 PM
i drive a rsx

Send a message via AIM to amercersx
Mein Auto: acura rsx
Talking

bimmerfest was awsome!!!

even tho i dont have a bmw, it was cool seeing all the nice cars. the road rally was insane. i was in a tpaz blue 330ci and we were in the front for a while. it was the nicest ride. the pics from the stops are awsome.

jon
the guy with the white rsx
Old 05-02-2004, 08:30 PM
My TARDIS is a BMW

Mein Auto: '02 325i
Props to Jon, Tim and Mark

Old 05-02-2004, 09:34 PM

Mein Auto: 81 320i
had an awesome time! & glad i made the trip from AZ.
BIG THANKS to jon, tim, & mark for all their hard work!!! tim & mark...i was one of the e21 guys that was rooming a few doors down from ya.

and another big thanks to todd, greg, & the rest of the bimmerfest film crew!
Old 05-02-2004, 09:39 PM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
Big hats off to you and Tim, Mark. You guys did a great job!

(Tim, I didn't mean to call you Mark when I won that jacket in the raffle. I just don't win things in raffles. Ever. So I was in a state of shock.)
Old 05-02-2004, 10:31 PM
into things retro

Mein Auto: '02 M3 SMG & '08 135i
What a great B'fest. Obviously due in large part to the unbelievable job Mark, Tim and Jon did, but there were a lot of helpers that day that really pitched in to help thing happen. I remember watching someone across the parking lot with Dakar Yellow shoes helping people park their cars and wondering who it was. Turned out to be Ty:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0019resize.JPG
Views:	588
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	29846  
Photo gallery

Last edited by scottn2retro; 05-02-2004 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:25 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 5/01 production 330Cic
An absolutely outstanding event! The fest gets better each year... This was my fourth.

Getting everyone parked was a real challenge! I have to hand it to the participants -- you all heeded Mark's entreaties not to line up way before nine, avoiding a big hassle outside the gates. But man, when the clock hit 9am, the floodgates opened, and cars came pouring in!

Thanks to all the participants for being very cooperative with the parking volunteers... it really made it easier for us.

More detailed comments, pics, etc. to follow after I regain my bearings
Old 05-03-2004, 08:18 AM
E21 Legion !

Send a message via AIM to MattE21
Mein Auto: E21 320is
jon, tim, & mark : I had such a fun time. Thanks for all the hard work that was put in to pull this event off. I am very happy i made the treck from AZ. I too was one of the AZ'ers that was over that the Sandman. Waht a fun time and i cant wait till next year!

It was great to meet all you guys in person!

Bfest 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 veteran -- DJ Matty
DOWNLOAD THE 2010 Bfest MIX! http://nmbr1dj.com/2010/05/the-unoff...10-double-mix/
Old 05-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Mein Auto: Black 1995 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKT BMR
An absolutely outstanding event! The fest gets better each year... This was my fourth.

Getting everyone parked was a real challenge! I have to hand it to the participants -- you all heeded Mark's entreaties not to line up way before nine, avoiding a big hassle outside the gates. But man, when the clock hit 9am, the floodgates opened, and cars came pouring in!

Thanks to all the participants for being very cooperative with the parking volunteers... it really made it easier for us.

More detailed comments, pics, etc. to follow after I regain my bearings
Yes, I too concur with Dave's tidbit's (for now) and will write up more as I "wake up" and reflect.
I also enjoyed the festivities on State St. Friday night at Sharkeez, sitting with Mark and watching him, watching the lovely ladies on the dance floor, was entertaining in itself, and yes, there were "lots" of lovely ladies!
Hey Mark, how's your neck from turning it back and forth, not to mention your jaw, it seemed to be dropped quite often!

More later!

Last edited by Keith; 05-03-2004 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:19 AM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
Yes, I too concur with Dave's tidbit's (for now) and will right up more as I "wake up" and reflect.
I also enjoyed the festivities on State St. Friday night at Sharkeez, sitting with Mark and watching him, watching the lovely ladies on the dance floor, was entertaining in itself, and yes, there were "lots" of lovely ladies!
Hey Mark, how's your neck from turning it back and forth, not to mention your jaw, it seemed to be dropped quite often!

More later!
Speaking of which, have you seen my pics Keith??
Old 05-03-2004, 11:22 AM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Mein Auto: Black 1995 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer
Speaking of which, have you seen my pics Keith??
NO, don't do it Jon!!!!!
Old 05-03-2004, 11:24 AM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
NO, don't do it Jon!!!!!
Too late, dude.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Ik hou van Holland...

Mein Auto: 530xiT
I would like to say a thank you to Jon, Tim and Mark too, I loved the fest and had a great day meeting so many BMW enthusiasts!! On top of that I won my first raffle, some great swaybars for my E46 Touring (not sure if I will use them)...
Thanks again for a great day and I will be there next year too!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 01:42 AM

Mein Auto: 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn2retro
What a great B'fest. Obviously due in large part to the unbelievable job Mark, Tim and Jon did, but there were a lot of helpers that day that really pitched in to help thing happen. I remember watching someone across the parking lot with Dakar Yellow shoes helping people park their cars and wondering who it was. Turned out to be Ty:

Oh you mean these shoes???

Funny Story behind them is that yellow is my favorite color (you'd never guess it). Anyway I custom ordered the shoes from NikeID before I even found the yellow car. I flew out, got the car and when I got home with the car the shoes were waiting for me.

Tyson Vilhauer - Client Advisor @ a Pacific NW BMW Center
Old 05-04-2004, 12:36 PM
i drive a rsx

Send a message via AIM to amercersx
Mein Auto: acura rsx
thanks jon, tim and mark for everything. the event went smooth, and everything was awsome!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 08:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 750i + 2001 740i
Thanks to everyone envolved in the 'Fest! The cars, the people, the city and the location all proved to make a winning day!

My wife Carolyn and I had the chance to meet, among other attendies, Inga & Colin Campbell - Very nice folks indeed! Colin, I will be getting my pics posted asap!

The day was the greatest I could ever have imagined!

Thanks again to Jon and the whole crew! All you guys and gals rock!

Cheers,