Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:55 AM

Mein Auto: Porsche 997s
New 2012 128 convertible questions

Hi Guys-
Just bought a new 128 convertible. Not overly optioned, just nav; premuim package; heated seats; apps. The remote locks the car but does it have an alarm? The clown nose under the mirior is not blinking. There appear to be led's above the headlights, do they light up? Do I need the cradle to take advantage of my iPhone or can I just use the USB connection? Thanks

Last edited by gr997s; 02-01-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 01-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Custom User ***le Removed

Mein Auto: 2012 128iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr997s View Post
Hi Guys-
Just bought a new 128 convertible. Not overly optioned, just nav; premuim package; heated seats; apps. The remote locks the car but does it have an alarm? The clown nose under the mirior is not blinking. There appearto be led's above the headlights, do they light up? Do I need the cradle to take advantage of my iPhone or can I just use the USB connection? Thanks
I also just got a very lightly optioned 2012 128 convertible. Here are my answers to your questions.

1. Unless you bought an alarm at the dealer and they installed it, your car does not have an alarm. Therefore, the clown nose will not blink.

2. The LEDs in the headlights and the tailights only light up if you have the adaptive bi-xenon headlights. I'm especially bummed about the tailights...the 3 series comes with the LED bars lit up even with halogen headlights, but not the 1 series. You can buy the tailights with the LEDs and apparently it's a plug and play exchange of the tailights, but it's a bit expensive for my tastes. I'll just stick with the stock.

3. I don't connect my iPhone anywhere. The dealer synced the bluetooth between my car and my iPhone. I just keep the phone in my briefcase or in my pocket. Works great. I use the USB connection for my iPod, so if you have music on your iPhone you want to play, then you would have to connect the iPhone to the car via the USB cord.

Hope you're enjoying your new convertible as much as I am. It's a truly awesome car and looks stunning with the top down!!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr997s View Post
Hi Guys-
Just bought a new 128 convertible. Not overly optioned, just nav; premuim package; heated seats; apps. The remote locks the car but does it have an alarm? The clown nose under the mirior is not blinking. There appearto be led's above the headlights, do they light up? Do I need the cradle to take advantage of my iPhone or can I just use the USB connection? Thanks
As far as the cradle goes....all the apps will work when plugged in via USB (as well as the function to play music through external devices). The only function you require the cradle for is the "plugin". This allows you to access the apple ios through the iDrive screen on your car.

Retired: 2012 128i, 1998 318is

Future: F32
Old 02-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Iwanna330Cic

Mein Auto: '11 E91 & '12 Z4 3.5i
I don't mean to sound grumpy here, but didn't your CA do a delivery with you? These are basic questions that any dealership should be able to answer when you picked up the car; no?