Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 02:49 PM
WayTooFastWhitey

Mein Auto: Dinan BMW M3 e36
Just new to this blogosphere, photos are crappy bc they are old ones on my iphone wasn't expecting an interrogation
Old 01-28-2012, 02:54 PM
WayTooFastWhitey

Next ill be removing the bell housing to prove the LW flywheel I'm guessing,Relentless
Old 01-28-2012, 02:58 PM
WayTooFastWhitey

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinfaster View Post
'0' to 'temmoc' faster than his dinan //M...

whatever, dude...really, relax.

this is teh interwebz, and in case you haven't noticed, people like to stretch the truth. just a little, though...

you started this thread getting all at the officer who wrote you a ticket. it doesn't matter if it was 5 over or 100 over, you were exceeding the speed limit. period amen.

your story about the scenario is suspect to say the least, and, in all honesty, i do not really think that anyone gives a hoot. apparently you have been able to have 'daddy' take care of this little infraction. on a saturday, no less

this, along with the fact that you are a noob, bragged about how much $$ you made/make, have racebikes, and all of the go fast goodies for your now aged bmw chassis all screamm 'look at me i need attention'.

that, my fellow bmw driver, is blood in the water to this here shark infested forum. living in texas i'd have thought that you, of all people, would understand.

of course now i am beginning to think that you are a cali transplant given your whinning.

also, unless you have purchased said bmw new and done everything to if, there is always suspicion as to the claims made about said vehicle. there is a bunch of experience and knowlege on this forum, which is why we gather here. (busting balls is just for fun, unless you're canadian...) when one makes claims about thus and such, be prepared to be able to back it up with validation.

otherwise, i think i shall name thee 'temmoc 2.0'....

have a pleasant day.

df
I understand what your saying but the daddy ish and other stuff kinda rubs the wrong way, I thought this was a friendly blog and your right it turned into a shark/hate fest, I'll leave it at that
Old 01-28-2012, 03:06 PM
WayTooFastWhitey

Ha atleast I'll get an avatar soon from replying to all the BS haters in here
Old 01-28-2012, 03:06 PM
OEM Hoe....

Send a message via AIM to Killjoy
Mein Auto: 1999 M3, 2002 tii
Allow me to be the middle man here-to explain why everyone here is busting your balls so hard.

I don't really care whether your car makes 20 whp or 3000 whp. It seriously does not matter to me, and from the pics it is pretty clear you have some bad ass bikes. BUT...

people think you are trolling us because requests have been made to back up the whp claims with a simple engine bay pic. Assuming you have an iPhone or something that uses the Bimmerapp, uploading a pic takes between 20-30 seconds, and that is taking ones time. I could go out to my car right now, snap a pic of the d!ildo that I installed where the BMW Roundel should be (because I'm gay like that) and post it here within seconds. Yet, you are consistently posting pics of the sh!t we don't care about, i.e. H&R springs (hell, my d!ldo M3 has those and I'm gay, remember??) Dinan badges, etc. etc. What makes your case worse (but not salvageable!!!) is that the pics you have posted of older e36's have been inaccurate. The "328is" is in fact OBD1 and can't by definition be a 328. And the OBD1 M3 has suspiciously foldable reg. e36 mirrors (which are def. not an upgrade over M3 mirrors- again, even d!ldo M3 has them.)

So, in summation, people here think you are lying because you refuse to take a simple engine bay pic that would tell us everything we need to know. Just one clear picture would show us the C/F plenum, Dinan sh!t, etc. etc. (Tragically, d!ldo M3 does not have any engine bay mods, thus the distracting d!ldo on the hood.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmy_bimmer View Post
Oh your talking about THAT hole.. yeah thats an inspection hole
Old 01-28-2012, 03:21 PM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinj6 View Post
I completely understand your frustration. I'm with you on that and I do agree that it was excessive for five over. A warning would have sufficed. I was breaking balls because my brother works in the toughest neighborhood of Brooklyn you can imagine and it just got to me a little. I'm not gonna lie. I'm guilty of the same thing all the time (five or even more over). I'm sure many on here are. Cop could have been having a bad day or whatever the source was, doesn't matter. I just thought you sounded a bit arrogant, saying he was jealous of you. Sucks that he got you but the truth is, you were speeding.
Ah, quit bustin his balls, no cop in his right mind writes you for five over.

Even your brother. By the way, I happen to know, that the regular rate of pay for a NY cop is only 20 grand a year.

The rest is combat pay..

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:25 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinanM3e36 View Post
I understand what your saying but the daddy ish and other stuff kinda rubs the wrong way, I thought this was a friendly blog and your right it turned into a shark/hate fest, I'll leave it at that
well, i didn't mean to offend. it just screams 'waaah, poor me...' to me when i hear a guy complain about getting a ticket (be it 5 over or not), and then have a (friend/parent) get involved to 'take care if the problem', especially after making claims of what kind of money you may have.

i really don't think anyone here cares about that. or the ticket.

what we do care about is the claim of hp claims without proof, since there are many, many enthusiests on the forum that have built the m5x/s5x motors in all forms so they know what they are talking about. including forced induction.

so sorry to hear that you think we're a bunch of bs haters (by the way, we do hate bs, but that's a different story...), but you still haven't posted a validation pic of what you claim to have.

so... pics or ban...

Quote:
Ha atleast I'll get an avatar soon from replying to all the BS haters in here
heyyy!! what a great place to post your engine bay pic!!!

df
Old 01-28-2012, 03:29 PM
OEM Hoe....

Send a message via AIM to Killjoy
Mein Auto: 1999 M3, 2002 tii
^Arghh you said what I said!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmy_bimmer View Post
Oh your talking about THAT hole.. yeah thats an inspection hole
Old 01-28-2012, 03:43 PM
WayTooFastWhitey

Heres my dirty a$$ engine bay with the cf plentium the cold air runs all the down into a modified right modified brake duct had to remove the tower strut because the cf cover on the throttle body squishes it, just need to raise it a 1/4-1/2 inch but then might have hood probs..., okay seriously now it won't let me upload the pic I just took, JC I'll put it in my album if I have to...
Old 01-28-2012, 03:43 PM
WayTooFastWhitey

Finally
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1327790620.876903.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	309992  
Old 01-28-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
^Arghh you said what I said!!
yeah, but i said it better....

df
Old 01-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325iC
I'm late to this topic, but 5 over is bull****, that's generally how the flow of traffic is EVERYWHERE around here, except school zones. It just so happens the asshole cops like to give tickets when there is no traffic and you're the only one on the road when it's less dangerous to do 5 over.

10? Sure, not 5...

I don't know about you guys but my e36 and I'm sure most others read 2 mph faster than we actually are going according to radar guns and gps, so technically if you were going 5 over, you'd really be going 3 over. Plus, i'm sure radar guns have a +/- of 2mph, so best case scenario you were really doing 1, worst case 5.

I think OP was doing more than 5 over to be pulled over with the above information. Did you ask the cop to see the radar?

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer
Old 01-28-2012, 03:52 PM
WayTooFastWhitey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymeGrime View Post
I'm late to this topic, but 5 over is bull****, that's generally how the flow of traffic is EVERYWHERE around here, except school zones. It just so happens the asshole cops like to give tickets when there is no traffic and you're the only one on the road when it's less dangerous to do 5 over.

10? Sure, not 5...

I don't know about you guys but my e36 and I'm sure most others read 2 mph faster than we actually are going according to radar guns and gps, so technically if you were going 5 over, you'd really be going 3 over. Plus, i'm sure radar guns have a +/- of 2mph, so best case scenario you were really doing 1, worst case 5.

I think OP was doing more than 5 over to be pulled over with the above information. Did you ask the cop to see the radar?

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer
No I didn't want to start an argument or start any negative convo, just wanted my ticket so I could get the f outta there, but apparently I sped while i knew he was behind me as my detector was screaming and he was on my ass so I may have increased to 60 from 55 for a sec, it's just my natural reaction to increase a lil speed when someone is on my ass,
Old 01-28-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Finally

looks like an m50 to me...thought //M ran itbs??

df

Last edited by drivinfaster; 01-28-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:54 PM
WayTooFastWhitey

Okay guys do I need to pull the cover off the flywheel to prove its a LW
Old 01-28-2012, 03:55 PM
WayTooFastWhitey

Quote:

looks like an m50 to me...

df
S50 prebosch
Old 01-28-2012, 03:56 PM
WayTooFastWhitey

Looking for dyno sheet now
Old 01-28-2012, 03:59 PM
WayTooFastWhitey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
Allow me to be the middle man here-to explain why everyone here is busting your balls so hard.

I don't really care whether your car makes 20 whp or 3000 whp. It seriously does not matter to me, and from the pics it is pretty clear you have some bad ass bikes. BUT...

people think you are trolling us because requests have been made to back up the whp claims with a simple engine bay pic. Assuming you have an iPhone or something that uses the Bimmerapp, uploading a pic takes between 20-30 seconds, and that is taking ones time. I could go out to my car right now, snap a pic of the d!ildo that I installed where the BMW Roundel should be (because I'm gay like that) and post it here within seconds. Yet, you are consistently posting pics of the sh!t we don't care about, i.e. H&R springs (hell, my d!ldo M3 has those and I'm gay, remember??) Dinan badges, etc. etc. What makes your case worse (but not salvageable!!!) is that the pics you have posted of older e36's have been inaccurate. The "328is" is in fact OBD1 and can't by definition be a 328. And the OBD1 M3 has suspiciously foldable reg. e36 mirrors (which are def. not an upgrade over M3 mirrors- again, even d!ldo M3 has them.)

So, in summation, people here think you are lying because you refuse to take a simple engine bay pic that would tell us everything we need to know. Just one clear picture would show us the C/F plenum, Dinan sh!t, etc. etc. (Tragically, d!ldo M3 does not have any engine bay mods, thus the distracting d!ldo on the hood.)
I just figured out the "advanced options tab" pic is up
Old 01-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Sexy Sax Man / Kebab Lord

Mein Auto: 1995 M3
Lololol is that a 3" intake going into a 3.5" maf? It better not be.

Instagram | @randytheus
Old 01-28-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Okay guys do I need to pull the cover off the flywheel to prove its a LW
no.
Quote:
S50 prebosch
thought you said cf intake, so i was looking for one of these...

df
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airbox-bmw-e36-m3.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	309995  
Old 01-28-2012, 04:05 PM
WayTooFastWhitey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptinKP View Post
Lololol is that a 3" intake going into a 3.5" maf? It better not be.
3.5 all the way the joints make it look like its smaller
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamdog View Post
Ah, quit bustin his balls, no cop in his right mind writes you for five over.

Even your brother. By the way, I happen to know, that the regular rate of pay for a NY cop is only 20 grand a year.

The rest is combat pay..
I said it was BS right in my quote you posted lol...

Anyway, you are looking at salaries from a few years ago before the new contract was signed. It raised to ~45K or so to start and with 5+ years, it increases dramatically. I know for a fact he pulled in 6 figures last year.

Combat pay lol. He works in Bed Stuy, by the way, so the combat pay is well deserved. More so than the Combat Pay I received in Ass-crack-istan lol.
Warm Leatherette

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 328is
Wow, this is hilarious. It keeps getting better. OP, how stupid are you?

Looks cool, my guess is that it's being installed on something other than your car, like maybe that Euro Dakar M3 in the background with the hood open.

This is an E46 bumper.

Here we see what appears to be a Home Depot air intake on an otherwise stock S50 with a piece of plastic laying on top of the manifold inlet. Also, I can't tell for sure, but the radiator support almost appears to be Daytona Violet.

1998 BMW 328is
1966 Pontiac GTO
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
For sale: E30/E36 front sway links
For sale: OEM E36 328 catback
Old 01-28-2012, 04:09 PM
WayTooFastWhitey

Quote:
no.

thought you said cf intake, so i was looking for one of these...

df
Been down both routes with single cf into 6 the CF doesn't burn up after 3k miles, I've had tons of experience with those, good luck ever getting your strut back on and they leak as well as burn up
Old 01-28-2012, 04:10 PM

i thought that looked like an e46 //M3 bumper, but then i thought maybe he had one of thoe reiger bumpers that took the e46 //M contours in an e36 size....

df