Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E36 M3 (1995-1999)

E36 M3 (1995-1999)

Old 01-30-2012, 01:08 AM

Mein Auto: M3
Lightbulb e36 m3 perfect coilover suspension stance!?!? does it exist?

I am excited to have just bought an 97 m3! i'm doing all the usual maintenence... i find the rear shocks are blown... i need to put in a new suspension. My buddy suggests coilovers so I can set the height at will. BUT! which ones??? there are dozens of companies and aside from price i really don't know what i am getting. i'm looking for something to make it sit nice and low... stance is important... but i don't want a stiff ride. i like the stock M ride... i'd like to keep it as soft as possible. does it exist without spending over $1000???? can anyone tell me what they have? how much it cost? and how stiff the ride is compared to stock? thanks! see you at bimmerfest 2012 in LA!!! : )
xxxxM3xxxx

[/B][/FONT]
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2012, 08:40 AM
M Mad

Mein Auto: M Roadster/M3
TC Kline. Pick the spring rates to give you the ride you want. Great support. On our E46 M3, the TC Kline setup recommended to street/track rode better than stock.

Realize, that you CAN drop a BMW too much and cause some very interesting handling. You want to make sure the front lower control arms are not pointed up from the inner to outer end. If they do, the camber curve is inverted and you will get severe understeet.

'95 Alpine M3 LTW
'00 Dakar M Roadster
'02 Topaz M3
Red/White SRF #4 (Chassis 561)
Old 01-30-2012, 09:06 PM

Mein Auto: M3
helpful, but i still didn't get the info i need. can anyone provide cost, brand names and pictures???? -major work in progress...
Old 01-31-2012, 01:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 550i
While TC Klines would be sweet, especially if you are going to track, they are way over $1000. I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of v2s for around 1600. I've been doing research for over a month and decided on the v2s inorder to preserve some comfort day to day but still having the tunning ability for track days. At $1000, I would look into kw v1s or st which is also made by kw. M3forum.net has a lot of good info if you search there. Also remember to call or pm vendors, always cheaper than the online price.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:34 AM
M Mad

Mein Auto: M Roadster/M3
You get what you pay for. And perfect and under $1000 is an oxymoron.

The big thing it to find out what spring rates the other systems are running. I find most packages that do not offer a choice of spring rates to be either too soft (PSS9) or too firm.

'95 Alpine M3 LTW
'00 Dakar M Roadster
'02 Topaz M3
Red/White SRF #4 (Chassis 561)
Old 02-10-2012, 11:54 AM
)\/(ARX

Mein Auto: 1998 m3
anybody heard of JSK coilover kit?
it's a lot cheaper compared to others but it's a new company so no feedback yet