Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535i GT; 1976 2002
Sherlock Holmes Product Placement

In the third episode of Sherlock Holmes, second season, the Deputy Inspector drives a white (silver?) GT.

This may be the first product placement of the GT.

Perhaps BMW is actually trying to market our car?

The series was shown in GB in January and will be in on PBS this spring.

http://www.productplacement.co.uk/ne...ndex.cfm?id=61
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2012, 07:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 530i & 2012 535x GT
Actually, in the first episode in the first season (study in pink) they have a 5GT show up twice: at a murder scene, next to the police car, and on the street, I believe in front of their house. Just watched the show the other day and your post came to mind
Good, intelligent show to showcase the car.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535i GT; 1976 2002
Did not notice it in the first season, probably because I did not have my car at the time. I'll have to watch the second season episode again, but if I recall properly, they have the GT equipped with sights and sirens. Seems like a awfully nice car for police work...
Old 02-06-2012, 07:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 530i & 2012 535x GT
Hey, its the the UK, I guess the Queen really wants the Scotland Yard to drive the best to keep her country safe

I know that the police in Germany has BMWs in their fleet, but I agree, the F07 is quite upscale for police business. However, their strategy may backfire because of the super-roomy backseat, which may keep criminals coming back for more of the pampering experience