Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:57 AM

Mein Auto: Lexus
IPod Malfunction 2013 335i xDrive

The IPod Classic is hooked up to the car via the USB connector. Most times it works well. However sometimes it goes into a malfunction mode and does not work. 2 to 3 days will pass and then it starts working again. It does not appear to be a battery charge thing. When I look at the battery icon on the IPod, it shows a full charge. The malfunction is random hit and miss. Also I just leave it in the car hooked up to the USB connector and don't do anything else like take it our to recharge the battery.

Anyone having similar issues?
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2012, 11:05 AM
I probably dislike you...

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
Can you be more specific about the Malfunction? Has it been hot in your area? Is it possible it is overheating from being out in the sun?
2002 325xi (Retired, very much missed)
Old 09-21-2012, 11:11 AM

Mein Auto: Lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by samualcc View Post
Can you be more specific about the Malfunction? Has it been hot in your area? Is it possible it is overheating from being out in the sun?
Temperate weather around 70 degrees during the day. Also use sunshades front and rear (rear has the power sun shade option). The temperature inside the car has been rather moderate these last couple weeks. I don't think its from overheating. The last occurrence happened in the morning when it was about 50 degrees outside.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '12 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevins950 View Post
The IPod Classic is hooked up to the car via the USB connector. Most times it works well. However sometimes it goes into a malfunction mode and does not work. 2 to 3 days will pass and then it starts working again. It does not appear to be a battery charge thing. When I look at the battery icon on the IPod, it shows a full charge. The malfunction is random hit and miss. Also I just leave it in the car hooked up to the USB connector and don't do anything else like take it our to recharge the battery.

Anyone having similar issues?
BMW's website www.bmw.com/usb states that connection to classic ipods is unstable. I've had a couple of glitches with mine myself but nothing that a hard reboot of the ipod didn't fix (menu+play). Happened once or twice in 3 months of ownership.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i coupe
Yep, I have the same problem. And yes, I have to reset the iPod, but more frequently, like a few times a week if I'm driving a lot. It's kind of annoying, for sure. I may try getting a nano or something. Seems to work fine with my iPhone.