Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 02-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Tha All-star

Send a message via AIM to gumbi4u Send a message via Yahoo to gumbi4u
Mein Auto: E60M5/E39 SC525i/540/330
Time for a MEET!! May 19th 2012 North East Meet!

Its been a while since we have done a meet up here. Looking to set up another big meet in May. 19th to be exact Details to come since its early. Need to know if there is still an interest in this. It will entail less meet which means standing around and MORE driving. Twisties will be on the agenda. Mapping out the route. All the usual suspects should Pm me or chime in here for changes and ideas.

Remember to clear MAY 19th 2012 (Saturday) for a kick ass meet. Have yours cars ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FP5241 View Post
hahaha.. at least they forgot about the flower wheels and richard simmons pic... I'll be a fruit loop instead of a flower weilding exercise guru..
Ads by Google
Old 02-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 528i
I wish there would be some good meets down in the Mississippi area...

2000 528i steptronic
Blacked out
Old 02-02-2012, 09:46 AM

Mein Auto: 99 BMW 540iA
Id be down for a meet if its not way too far into NJ... I live in Northern VA, right outside of D.C., wouldnt mind making a lil roadtrip for the weekend
Old 02-02-2012, 09:55 AM
New York

Mein Auto: 528IA
In! PM soon..
Old 02-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 00 528ia Sport
im not to far from you, count me and about 4 other bmw guys
M5 F+R Bumpers, M5 Mirrors with OEM setup, M5 rear sway bar, Cluster Rings, 03 Business player with AUX input, HID fogs slim, OEM 01+ Hella headlights, Euro Lens, EAC Aluminum Adjusters, FX-R low beam retrofit, Umnitza Orion halos, Hella Euro Celis Retrofit Kit, Koni yellow shocks with H&R Sport Springs, 19" M6 Reps, Full LEDs.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Boosted

Mein Auto: 03 ///M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by madboosted View Post
Id be down for a meet if its not way too far into NJ... I live in Northern VA, right outside of D.C., wouldnt mind making a lil roadtrip for the weekend
i live down Pg County, Maryland soooo I Woudlnt Want to Drive more than 3 Hours...

RK Supercharged @ 501wheel horsepower
Supersprint Headers,
Evolve Alpha N Tune,
CNS lightweight dm flywheel/Spec clutch,
ST coilovers,
Eibach Rear Sway bar/Beast Power Brackets,
Drilled slotted Rotors/Akebono Euro pads,
Magnaflow 14816 Mufflers

Old 02-02-2012, 01:30 PM

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 528i
Sounds like fun.
Count me in!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Tha All-star

Send a message via AIM to gumbi4u Send a message via Yahoo to gumbi4u
Mein Auto: E60M5/E39 SC525i/540/330
Ok Details below.

Its that time of year again. The SPRING meet on the east coast and it will be another ULTIMATE DRIVE meet. If anyone has been to the last one or saw pics, it was not to be missed.

It will take place at the FOrt Lee Basin in NJ

Date is set for May 19th 2012 Approx 10:30-11AM

I will have more details as we get closer to the date but most likely it will be very close to the last meet as far as drive and location.

Please feel free to chime in with suggestions and comments. If you want anything different this time around, let me know.

Remember to bring walkies talkies!!!

As far as food, there is always a Mcdonalds and Take out chinese.

Commence the list!!!!!!!!!!!!

We MUST have communication. WALKIE TALKIES and/or CELL PHONES are a MUST!!!!!
****NO EXCEPTIONS****

If you dont have either, you will get LOST! If you dont read or use the maps, YOU WILL GET LOST. If you continue to get lost due to not staying in contact or not reading directions, YOU WILL GET LOST. Last time we had to keep waiting for the people who kept getting lost. This time, you get lost, its a wrap for you. Have a wingman in the passenger seat!!

Some roads are very curvy. We must be in groups of no more then 5 -6 cars with gaps of about a quarter mile between groups! Each group will have a leader. ALL leaders will be in contact with each other.

Doing the math, this will be about 50-60 miles of driving one way. Coming back home will be shorter since we will not be diverting to other parts.

We must all refuel and have at least 3/4's of a tank of gas before we head out. So come to the meet with full tanks of gas if possible. There will be no stops for gas once we get going.

Also this is NOT a race. We are all mature enough to draw the line. NO RACING. Maybe we can line up a couple folks for some rolling runs but even that is questionable. If anything, this will be a test of suspension and braking.

Also note, please be on par with your driving skills. If you feel that you are not confident in taking a turn or going fast, SLOW DOWN! Groups leaders MUST keep track of the cars behind them.

There will be 3-4 checkpoints where we all get together and get a head count. We need to see which car has gone off a cliff lol. The final destination is still to be determine. Please be prepared to have nummies and pay for it. This is still a bit sketchy. We dont have to eat if we have some food before we go out on the drive. We can also have a mini barbecue at the meeting location initially as we did in the past. We can always turn around and go home from that point forward as it will be close to late afternoon/evening.

I will have more details soon!

The meet place is as follows. This will be our start point. We meet below at around 1030-1100AM!!

1662 River Road
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
and go down the hill to the meet. first left when you pass under the bridge.

Gentlemen this is what our cars were made for. The ultimate drive in the ultimate machine! Dont get it twisted. This is not a drive to the local kiddy park. You will be pushing your cars to the extremes. We can keep it at a moderate pace if someone cant keep up or wants to turn down the extreme factor a few notches. This drive can go both ways. A pleasurable LEISURE DRIVE or a pleasurable EXTREME drive. We can do both for flavor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FP5241 View Post
hahaha.. at least they forgot about the flower wheels and richard simmons pic... I'll be a fruit loop instead of a flower weilding exercise guru..
Old 05-15-2012, 04:23 PM

Mein Auto: bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbi4u View Post
Its been a while since we have done a meet up here. Looking to set up another big meet in May. 19th to be exact Details to come since its early. Need to know if there is still an interest in this. It will entail less meet which means standing around and MORE driving. Twisties will be on the agenda. Mapping out the route. All the usual suspects should Pm me or chime in here for changes and ideas.

Remember to clear MAY 19th 2012 (Saturday) for a kick ass meet. Have yours cars ready.
is this going to be a car show? I am from CT. and I will like to go to this meet you guys have, plese give me directions and confirmatio if is still on
Old 05-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Agnostic Priest

Mein Auto: 2001 540i/6
i cant wait. I'll meet you guys at the final destination. Dont forget to get fresh bosch wipers to clean my smoking rubber debri off your windshields.
3" obx catback
full powerflex urethane setup
545 ssk
cdv delete
m5 rear sway bar
M5 chassis rods
M5 3.15 lsd
Bc-r coilovers w/ swift springs
Akebono=suck
ss braided brake lines

coming soon:

Jb lwfw

Old 05-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 540i6
I would love to come but I'm afraid I wont be able to make it.