Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > 2004 Events > Santa Barbara, CA - May 1

Santa Barbara, CA - May 1

Old 05-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1988 325i BMW
Question So what were the numbers on the day?

How many cars at show?
How many on road rally?

SOMEONES gotta know one of these or both? Come on people. .
Ads by Google
Old 05-05-2004, 12:15 PM
In Driving Heaven

Mein Auto: 330i
Actually, the clickers didn't make it into circulation according to Tim, so there wasn't a count of cars/people entering the showground. You could get an idea from the pictures that the Pelican Parts crew snapped -- they were trying to get every car. I think someone was trying to make a count of the cars on the rally, but I haven't seen that number posted.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Mystic Blue 330i, SP, PP, Nav, Heated Seats, Step -- ED July 10, 2003
Old 05-05-2004, 01:28 PM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Actually, the clickers didn't make it into circulation according to Tim, so there wasn't a count of cars/people entering the showground. You could get an idea from the pictures that the Pelican Parts crew snapped -- they were trying to get every car.
They appear to have missed the Seattle 7s and all the cars along that row, which would include my car. I don't know what others they missed.

Quote:
I think someone was trying to make a count of the cars on the rally, but I haven't seen that number posted.
I have photos of 183 cars on the rally, but I think I missed 2-3 while exchanging my memory card for a fresh one.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:35 PM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
There were 18x cars in the main group of rally cars, but the E21 group and a few others were a few minutes behind. I was right behind them coming down from the lookout point.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:54 PM
TMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz
There were 18x cars in the main group of rally cars, but the E21 group and a few others were a few minutes behind. I was right behind them coming down from the lookout point.
I know - 21 BMWs passed in front of my camera after you went by.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:02 PM
In Driving Heaven

Mein Auto: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff3
They appear to have missed the Seattle 7s and all the cars along that row, which would include my car. I don't know what others they missed.
That's odd, since my car was just around the corner from yours (literally not more than 6 or 7 cars away), and mine was in the collection. Well, we have some round numbers, I suppose.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Mystic Blue 330i, SP, PP, Nav, Heated Seats, Step -- ED July 10, 2003
Old 05-05-2004, 05:17 PM
TMS

Quote:
That's odd, since my car was just around the corner from yours (literally not more than 6 or 7 cars away), and mine was in the collection. Well, we have some round numbers, I suppose.
I know, and Dave's RKT BMR was (more or less) facing my car, maybe 30 feet away.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:24 PM
E21 Legion !

Send a message via AIM to MattE21
Mein Auto: E21 320is
it would be safe to assume 200 on the rally, as i know a few people took exits home/otherplaces during the rally. either way, i have some killer shots with no car other than a bmw in the picture on the freeway and at the meeting points. that's amazing!

Bfest 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 veteran
Old 05-06-2004, 08:11 AM
Bimmer Fester

Send a message via AIM to LordGop
Mein Auto: 05 325ci e30 325i cab
I remember hearing radio chatter about 300-351 at the 154 stop?