Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:45 PM

Mein Auto: 135 i
Wholesale prices

Last time I did a European delivery on a 1 series, my negotiations were greatly helped by having access to a wholesale price list from Bimmerfest. I've printed off the Retail pricelist, which is itself a great help but can anyone tell me how to get my claws on the wholesale prices for a 135 coupe?
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Chevy half ton pickup
Use this configurator. Then offer $750 over ED invoice for dealer profit. Also consider using a board sponsor who is an expert on the ED program.

On the upper right side of the configurator left click on U.S.A. Port of Entry Select: Euro Delivery Munich Pick Up, Then type in your model and select options.

http://www.bmwconfig.com/BmwConfig/C...5-5920ffa00483

Last edited by Norm37; 02-05-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm37 View Post
Use this configurator. Then offer $750 over ED invoice for dealer profit. Also consider using a board sponsor who is an expert on the ED program.

On the upper right side of the configurator left click on U.S.A. Port of Entry Select: Euro Delivery Munich Pick Up, Then type in your model and select options.

http://www.bmwconfig.com/BmwConfig/C...5-5920ffa00483
This is not by any means, my first ED! Until the 135 I mentioned, my dealer had me convinced that the European delivery price was not negotiable. I found that it was negotiable partly by having access to the wholesale price, ie the invoice price, and I got that from this forum.

What I'm after now is he invoice price. I can't offer the dealer $750 over it unless I know what it is.

I've already selected the model and the options.... all I need is the wholesale (or dealer's invoice) price, preferably for the options and packages as well as the car, but I can live without them if I have the price of the car.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artec540 View Post

What I'm after now is he invoice price. I can't offer the dealer $750 over it unless I know what it is.

The configurator gives you the European Invoice price. Did you even try it?

I don't think you will find the invoice price sheet on the web like in the old days. BMW has discouraged that practice by the dealers. Maybe you can get someone to PM one to you?

But why not use the configurator?

Quote:
I've already selected the model and the options.... all I need is the wholesale
Ps. The configurator also gives you US invoice price on options. No additional discount on options for European Delivery.

Their are some percentage formulas for getting invoice price also I think somebody had an excel spreadsheet for figuring invoice pricing. You can do a search for both of those if you don't trust the configurator link I gave you.

Quote:
but can anyone tell me how to get my claws on the wholesale prices for a 135 coupe?
I have not seen an invoice price sheet online that you can print out in a very long time.

The price range I have seen people getting is $500 to $1000 over European invoice for dealer profit.

Last edited by Norm37; 02-07-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm37 View Post
The configurator gives you the European Invoice price. Did you even try it?

I don't think you will find the invoice price sheet on the web like in the old days. BMW has discouraged that practice by the dealers. Maybe you can get someone to PM one to you?

But why not use the configurator?

Ps. The configurator also gives you US invoice price on options. No additional discount on options for European Delivery.

Their are some percentage formulas for getting invoice price also I think somebody had an excel spreadsheet for figuring invoice pricing. You can do a search for both of those if you don't trust the configurator link I gave you.

I have not seen an invoice price sheet online that you can print out in a very long time.

The price range I have seen people getting is $500 to $1000 over European invoice for dealer profit.
It wasn't that I didn't trust it.... I don't even know what a confgurator is, but I clicked on the link you posted, and then on "Configurator", only to get a message saying that "this page uses a 32 bit mode", which I suppose means that I wasn't using such a mode. I'm using an almost new iMac but I don't know what a "32bit mode" is or whether I have one or not.
Anyway, yes, I tried to use your link, for which thank you, but was unable to proceed with it.
I know the MSRP is about $3k more than invoice, and I know that there's no further discount on options or packages. Last time I did this, just knowing the invoice number seemed to be a significant factor in getting to the split I was looking for.... 50/50 on the dealer mark-up.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:25 AM

Mein Auto: 135i
Check the ED forum, invoice price is a frequent topic. Generally, multipling the US invoice by 92 (or maybe 93) percent should get a very close number. If your dealer isn't willing to share the invoice amount with you perhaps you should consider another dealer.

Second ED ???
Old 02-07-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsublime View Post
Check the ED forum, invoice price is a frequent topic. Generally, multipling the US invoice by 92 (or maybe 93) percent should get a very close number. If your dealer isn't willing to share the invoice amount with you perhaps you should consider another dealer.

Might be best to use a site sponsor who is an expert on the ED process. They do deals all the time for a $ amount over ED invoice. A link to them is at the top of this page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsublime View Post
Generally, multipling the US invoice by 92 (or maybe 93) percent should get a very close number.
Thanks for the reminder on the percentage formula

Multiply US MSRP by 92 percent to give you the US invoice price on the car.

Then multiply the US invoice price on the car by 93 percent to get European invoice price.

91 percent of US MSRP for US invoice price on options.

Quote:
artec540
Also remember to add $875 for destination and handling and whatever your comfortable paying over ED invoice.

Sorry to hear the configurator did not work on your iMac,

Last edited by Norm37; 02-07-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: 525I
Quote:
Originally Posted by artec540 View Post
This is not by any means, my first ED! Until the 135 I mentioned, my dealer had me convinced that the European delivery price was not negotiable. I found that it was negotiable partly by having access to the wholesale price, ie the invoice price, and I got that from this forum.

I've already selected the model and the options.... all I need is the wholesale (or dealer's invoice) price, preferably for the options and packages as well as the car, but I can live without them if I have the price of the car.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.
There is 1 thing in life that is not negotiable- Death, when its time its time-

everything else is.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:48 AM

deleted double post

Last edited by Norm37; 02-07-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwell56 View Post
There is 1 thing in life that is not negotiable- Death, when its time its time-

everything else is.
Such a help!