Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 635 CSi BMW 730i E38
Question bmw 1 series

Can anybody help me please, Today I tried to connect my fault code reader to a 1 series with the n43 engine as I wanted to reset the service indicator but it would not communicate and it said turn on the ignition but as far as I was concerned the ignition was on as the dash lights were on, This is a keyless ignition switch, Any help please, Peter.

Last edited by PETER NEWMAN; 02-07-2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Ads by Google
Old 02-11-2012, 06:21 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Plug in reader, put foot on brake, insert key, and hit start button. Scanner will read.

Please note...a common scanner will not reset the service indicator. You can do that with out a tool. I dont have the instructions handy but you can Google it.

Last edited by x3brian; 02-11-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:27 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Found it...here you go:

If you just want to reset the service reminders you do not need any tools. This is from one of the "other forums".

Step 1
Insert key into slot
Step 2
Press start/stop button without depressing clutch/brake and wait for the service reminder to dissapear.
Step 3
Immediately after service reminder goes out, press and hold the odometer reset. After 3 secs a warning triangle will appear, keep the odo. button pressed and after another 2-3 secs the Oil can will appear. I f you hold it too long (10 secs in total) you will overshoot the runway and some German writing will appear giving the software level/ can bus etc. of the car. Go back to the beginning and start again.
Step 4
You are now in the service menu, use the toggle switch on indicator stalk to scroll up/down through the various service items.
Step 5
When you have the item you want to reset showing, press the BC button on end of indicator stalk. Reset should now appear in the display. Press in and hold the BC button for 2-3 secs and a clock will start whirling around and hey presto, its done
Step 6
You can now either scroll up/down to select another item (as in step 4) or you can press the start/stop button to exit.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:40 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 635 CSi BMW 730i E38
Smile Thank you

Thank you very much x3Brian, Peter Newman.