Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 325i
Looking to buy 135i within 3-4 months

Hi everyone,

I'm currently an E46 owner, but I'm thinking of picking up a new 135i in the next few months. I'm just curious if I should find a reputable dealer now and get the ball rolling, or if I should wait until it's closer to my actual purchase date.

I've thought about doing either ED or PCD, but I'm still not sure about either one. I do know that I want to custom order my car though, as I have a very specific layout in mind.

Any helpful info would be appreciate, it will be my first time buying a car brand new like this. Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2012, 03:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 135i Coupe
I have just gotten done going through what you are considering. I ordered a new 2012 135i on January 24th. It is now in production and I have a scheduled delivery date of April 13th at the Performance Center.

If you have a specific date you need a car, IE: turning in a lease or something, you need to get going now. You will be looking at 6-8 weeks minimum from time of order until you can get your car. I am not as familiar with ED, but think that you can get an order placed and do your ED in 3-4 weeks though after ED you have a 6ish week wait to get your car in the US. You CAN do ED and PCD though, which if I could, would be the route I would take.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapen73 View Post
I have just gotten done going through what you are considering. I ordered a new 2012 135i on January 24th. It is now in production and I have a scheduled delivery date of April 13th at the Performance Center.

If you have a specific date you need a car, IE: turning in a lease or something, you need to get going now. You will be looking at 6-8 weeks minimum from time of order until you can get your car. I am not as familiar with ED, but think that you can get an order placed and do your ED in 3-4 weeks though after ED you have a 6ish week wait to get your car in the US. You CAN do ED and PCD though, which if I could, would be the route I would take.
No specific date, the time frame is just more when I'll actually be financially capable of buying the car. The main thing that will determine my decision on ED or PCD is taking the time off work really. Thank you for the timeframes, that really helps!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:57 PM

One other thing I forgot that does factor into your ordering. Right now the best information I can find is saying production will end in June or July on the 2012 models. A 2013 is likely, but not confirmed since the new 1 series is just releasing in Europe. I imagine we will be 2 years or so on seeing those though, so a 2013 135i is probably going to happen. Don't expect any changes between 2012-2013 since 2012 just got a midlife update.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466003
Full details on the changes and updates for the 2012 model year.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapen73 View Post
One other thing I forgot that does factor into your ordering. Right now the best information I can find is saying production will end in June or July on the 2012 models. A 2013 is likely, but not confirmed since the new 1 series is just releasing in Europe. I imagine we will be 2 years or so on seeing those though, so a 2013 135i is probably going to happen. Don't expect any changes between 2012-2013 since 2012 just got a midlife update.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466003
Full details on the changes and updates for the 2012 model year.
Yeah, I'm really trying to get one before the new F20's come out, I personally don't like the look of the F20.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:50 PM

Mein Auto: 135I
I took delivery of mine in Late Nov. I special ordered what I wanted and it took 7 weeks. Very happy that I got exactly what I wanted. Although it was hard to wait that long.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:29 PM

Agreed. The wait right now is killing me. I will make it though, and having it the way I want it makes it that much better.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 128i, '05 Range Rover
I got mine via European Delivery, but then I already had plans in place to go see the Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix, and I ordered my car to coincide with that trip. Saved me a bunch on car rentals on the 10 day trip (I'd say $500 at least, if I had rented a Focus/Golf sized car... forget about renting a BMW, those are quite a bit more). Also gotta to drive it somewhat in the way I want... I say somewhat, because I was holding back the revs to 3500-4000 tops, and that was a damper on the driving in the the Austrian/Italian Alps.

But if you are worried about vacations and such, it is possible to fly in and out of Munich over a couple of days. My buddy got his Mercedes on a two day trip.

The other thing to note is... I had to wait for close to 2 1/2 months to get my hands on my car again... because I could not get the dates for my PCD. But both the ED and PCD were well worth it. And I combined them, because I mostly buy lightly used cars, and I wanted to get both the experiences on this purchase, because it may be a while... if ever... before I buy a new car again.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3
Having owned both an e46 and an e88, trust me you will find yourself missing the old car. With that said...it is 6 weeks out I believe that they schedule ED. I would visit my local SC and discuss with the person that handles those so you can start planning.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:50 PM

I plan on keeping my E46 as my Mon-Thurs daily driver, and taking the E82 to work on Friday and any weekend jaunts. I'd rather put the extra miles on the E46 to be honest.

I actually reached out to Greg @ Pacific BMW and got a quote from him, which has been fantastic. Now it's just a matter of waiting a little bit to put the order in, as I don't want to end up with the car being here, and me not having the rest of the money to pay for it. :P

Last edited by Chauntalei; 02-11-2012 at 10:52 PM.