Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Brings Me Women

Send a message via Yahoo to bringmewomen Send a message via Skype™ to bringmewomen
Mein Auto: Bmw 645ci
BMW 645ci Coupe Questions

Hey, BimmerFest community,

I have had this Bimmer about 2 years, put quite a bit of miles on it, i am close to 75,000ish right now, can anyone tell me what to look out for ? and what should i do to prepare my self, or what should i do to keep it running at top notch !.

I would love to hear from people who got this car with 70,000 plus miles, of course others are welcome though, any tips.

Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 02-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
Your upcoming maintenance cost will be based on prior repairs. Without knowing what has been done, it's hard to say. If you can do work yourself, under 1k. If a shop is doing all of the repairs, anywhere from 2k to 5k in repairs.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:01 AM

Mein Auto: 645 Coupe
I have 81k on mine I bought it a year and half ago with 68k on it, I have the service records since 40k. No problems till recently I had to replace the radiator a month ago and swapped out my expansion tank last weekend.

Common problems are oil leaks from the valve covers as well as the timing cover. Also the coolant pipe issue that is inside the engine.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:33 AM
Brings Me Women

Send a message via Yahoo to bringmewomen Send a message via Skype™ to bringmewomen
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbP View Post
Your upcoming maintenance cost will be based on prior repairs. Without knowing what has been done, it's hard to say. If you can do work yourself, under 1k. If a shop is doing all of the repairs, anywhere from 2k to 5k in repairs.

Thanks Herb
Old 02-16-2012, 06:36 AM
Brings Me Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peck View Post
I have 81k on mine I bought it a year and half ago with 68k on it, I have the service records since 40k. No problems till recently I had to replace the radiator a month ago and swapped out my expansion tank last weekend.

Common problems are oil leaks from the valve covers as well as the timing cover. Also the coolant pipe issue that is inside the engine.

Thanks Peck,

Around how much am i looking at do you think, if i get it done by a private bmw service center?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:20 PM

Mein Auto: 645 Coupe
The radiator just for the part was $500 plus a couple hours labor and coolant so probably $750 for that, I'm estimating because I had a couple PDC sensors and a brake light sensor that was replaced which not as common but brought the bill over $1500. Warranties are good for these things.

Coolant Expansion tank I installed myself the part can be had for around $100 online even though my dealer was happy to charge me $180! Car was not driveable and because it is my daily driver I had to get bent over at the dealer!

The coolant pipe issue I have not had to deal with, but thru the dealer this could be a $8k repair, but if you go with the all german auto expanding cooling pipe aftermarket and have an independent dealer install probably more like $2k.