Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 335i Sedan (F30)
To see, or not to see...

ED scheduled for March 1... I depart for Munich in 18 days... On one hand I want to go to the local dealer and see one in person. But on the other hand, how cool would it be for the first time I actually see one to be when I look over those stairs at the Welt and the first one I see live and in person is MINE sitting there waiting for me!
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2012, 07:27 AM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Sounds awesome! def wait
Old 02-10-2012, 08:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 335i Sedan
yeah, just wait. it will be worth it. you will go crazy if you see one early knowing you can't have it yet.

2008 BMW 335i Retired
2009 BMW 535i Retired

2012 F30 335i sportline (Black Sapphire/Black Leatherette/Black High gloss trim, Technology, Sport Auto, Premium Sound, BMW Apps.)
Old 02-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E92 335i Coupe
I'd like to say that I would wait but I don't think I could do it
Old 02-18-2012, 03:25 PM

I caved! Went and looked at one about 2 hours ago. Got lucky and when I pulled into the dealership there was a Mineral Grey one sitting there (which is the color I got). It is freakin gorgeous!!!

I briefly sat in one inside - very nice, but it felt a little more cramped than I remember my E90 feeling. Although I sold it way back in 2006, so maybe I just forgot.

I did NOT drive one though - definitely holding off on that until my ED. Only 12 days to go!

Last edited by SoonerJohn; 02-18-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerJohn View Post
I caved! Went and looked at one about 2 hours ago. Got lucky and when I pulled into the dealership there was a Mineral Grey one sitting there (which is the color I got). It is freakin gorgeous!!!

I briefly sat in one inside - very nice, but it felt a little more cramped than I remember my E90 feeling, but I sold it way back in 2006, so maybe I just forgot.

I did NOT drive one though - definitely holding off on that until my ED. Only 12 days to go!
Yea, mineral grey is nice
Old 02-18-2012, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 328i
I know exactly how you feel. I didn't see the F30 until I walked into the dealer this morning to pick up my car. More fun that way, I think.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:08 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Not having a BMW before and not having any experience with iDrive/Navigation, before our ED we arranged for "seat time" in a 335is that the dealer had on the floor. We played with the iDrive, Navigation, iPods, phones, USB stick, etc. because we didn't want to have to waste time sitting in front of the Welt trying to figure out how to get back to our hotel room or sitting in the hotel parking lot/garage trying to figure out how to enter our next destination. We also wanted to make sure that we had music for our first day on the road without having to screw around with it. We wanted to understand all of the features of the car before we went. This isn't the same as picking it up at your dealer on a Saturday morning and then spending the whole weekend getting familiar with it.

Another thing to consider, are you sure your luggage is going to fit? We took our two 26" TravelPros to the dealer and found out that they both wouldn't fit in the trunk. We had to buy a 24" and took the 26" and the 24", along with two backpacks, a camera bag, and my wife's other carry-on for our 15 day trip. That's definitely worth finding out if it will all fit in the trunk before you go. If you're just going to take carry-on then it will definitely fit, but if not you better find out.

I would go and get familiar with a similar model so that when you get yours it will already be somewhat familiar and you can just concentrate on the driving. Why waste time on your trip when you can get familiar with the car now?

I don't think that it's that big a deal to have the first F30 you see be yours.
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!

Last edited by SD Z4MR; 02-18-2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-18-2012, 05:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD 335is View Post
Not having a BMW before and not having any experience with iDrive/Navigation, before our ED we arranged for "seat time" in a 335is that the dealer had on the floor. We played with the iDrive, Navigation, iPods, phones, USB stick, etc. because we didn't want to have to waste time sitting in front of the Welt trying to figure out how to get back to our hotel room or sitting in the hotel parking lot/garage trying to figure out how to enter our next destination. We also wanted to make sure that we had music for our first day on the road without having to screw around with it. We wanted to understand all of the features of the car before we went. This isn't the same as picking it up at your dealer on a Saturday morning and then spending the whole weekend getting familiar with it.

Another thing to consider, are you sure you luggage is going to fit? We took our two 26" TravelPros to the dealer and found out that they both wouldn't fit in the trunk. We had to buy a 24" and took the 26" and the 24", along with two backpacks, a camera bag, and my wife's other carry-on for our 15 day trip. That's definitely worth finding out if it will all fit in the trunk before you go. If you're just going to take carry-on then it will definitely fit, but if not you better find out.

I would go and get familiar with a similar model so that when you get yours it will already be somewhat familiar and you can just concentrate on the driving. Why waste time on your trip when you can get familiar with the car now?

Right on point as always. This is our 4th ED and we try to do what you did and also get the manual from the CA to study,it passes a good part of the flight time.82 days to go.
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 02-19-2012, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD 335is View Post

Another thing to consider, are you sure your luggage is going to fit? We took our two 26" TravelPros to the dealer and found out that they both wouldn't fit in the trunk. We had to buy a 24" and took the 26" and the 24", along with two backpacks, a camera bag, and my wife's other carry-on for our 15 day trip. That's definitely worth finding out if it will all fit in the trunk before you go. If you're just going to take carry-on then it will definitely fit, but if not you better find out.

Thanks for the advice, Tom! All excellent points. Although I haven't owned a Bimmer with iDrive, I am at least somewhat familiar with it. No worries on luggage since I will be traveling alone and will only have a single 24" TravelPro plus a day pack. So although I did allow myself to go see them yesterday, I should be good now until the actual delivery. Only 11 days to go!