Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:07 PM

Mein Auto: 120i
What is This Squeaking Noise Coming From My Air Conditioning?

Hi,

I'm new to the forums, and was hoping i could get some advice on an extremely frustrating problem i am having with my air conditioning.

I have a 2005 120i, and i have a very strange squeaking/squawking sound coming from the air conditioning. The sound is random, and sometimes i dont hear it for a couple of days, but then i get days when its really bad. I dont know how to make the sound happen, it just happens itself, usually after i start the car and pull away. I can get rid of the sound, by just turning the air con fans all the way off. One thing i did notice is, that when i hear the sound, if i press the Air Recirculation button and turn that on, that makes it even worse.

I've been to the dealer, but they didn't hear the sound when they had the car so they wouldnt do anything.

Here is the sound so you can hear it,

http://snd.sc/wYgTms

I really just want to find out what needs to be fixed, and how much it will cost me.

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2012, 08:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330xi
I have the exact same sound coming from my heat/AC vents on my 2006 330xi. Any ideas on what this could be would be very helpful, I plan on fixing it myself.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:54 AM

Mein Auto: 128i
I had a noise coming from the dashpot, and I discovered the right (passenger side) air conditioning vent close to side window wasn’t completely secured compared to the one on the left (driver) side. As a result, it was making noise due to the car’s vibration during driving and even at low speed on damaged roads. I removed the unit which was a snap-on, tapped around it and put it back. You may break something if you don’t know how to do it.

Your noise may not be the same. I recommend you take it to the BMW dealer and complain about “Cabin Noise”. My car hasn’t been the same since there was a seat belt recall, and seats and side panels were removed to make the repairs. I had to return the car due to poor re-setting of the side panels, with visible gaps and lots of noise…

My biggest complain now is cabin noise, it now sounds like a cheap car when I drive and I know it was not a factory problem, the car was perfect when I got it new from the dealer. I’ve had other new BMW’s, mostly 3 series, and I never had a cabin noise problem before.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:40 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 330d xDrive Touring
Fan noise

Sounds like a fan blade is slightly touching the casing - could be wear in the bearing causing blade to move on shaft - suggest dealer asked to investigate