Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 750LI 2006
Unhappy Seat Belt Tensioner and yellow airbag light :(

Hi Everyone,

Well im actually thinking of getting rid of my 7 , at least once a year it throws some sort of stupid bizzar light.

This time its the Yellow airbag light on my dash followed the a msg on my idrive the says seat belt tensioner fault blah blah ..

I have 3 other cars but this one by far is always saying something , it`s even telling me im low on steering wheel fluid .... how is that even possible , no leaks anywhere no drips spots on the floor and car drives like a champ....

can anyone tell me if my seat belt error and yellow airbag is covered under the recall for CANADA or should i dish out $1275

06 Bmw 750Li

Please Let me know

Thank You
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2014, 12:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 750Li
is the belt tensioner working when you brake? I had my passenger error come on and it was a red light - they replaced a sensor mat in the seat i think? A month later I had my driver seat throw the error this time the air bag light was yellow which meant it was the Seat occupancy sensor.

I feel your pain man my 2008 750LI is at the dealership a minimum of once a month. The last two months have been extra special going in once a week... Starting with Passenger seat restraint fault - then driver seat restraint fault - then New transmission - then DTS Module - just got the car back last week and today it wouldnt start out of no where and now is fine... These cars are so amazing when they work but unbelievable frustrating otherwise. Its not a question of what will go wrong its a question of when will it go wrong and will it cost a minimum of $750 or be outrageous like valve stem seals or transmission.

2008 BMW 750i Monaco Blue white and black interior.

2008 BMW 750LI Sport Package Barbera Red with Natural Brown Interior with LED License Lights

2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 750LI 2006
Ya man i know , its just becoming really really annoying ... Like i can afford this car no problem even with all its crap but
the issue is it doesn't make me happy to have to see a stupid light on my dash ........

Anyways i think its because its cold here and the sensor is just acting up im going to have the codes cleared and well if it comes back take it and get whatever it needs repaired.

I have 4 cars and this is the most annoying

Honda Odyssey 04 : Bought brand new STILL AMAZING
Infiniti G37 IPL : Brand New and Perfect even with test pipes and ark exhaust
Eclipse 2001 :Bought used rebuilt Auto Show style Super charged 3.0L 5 Speed : Highly modified and 0 Issues ....

BMW : Bought Used Problems after the first year , Millage was only 50 000 km now at 70 000 KM