Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion of BMW's 4th generation E65/E66 7 Series flagship. The E65 generated much controversy, due to its radical styling and iDrive user difficulties. Nonetheless, the E65 broke records to become the best-selling 7-series iteration ever, especially after its 2005 facelift.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:25 PM

Mein Auto: E65
Big Problem Help?

Hello again
So today was the worst day of being a BMW owner
even tough they are great car's it dosent help when there owner is stupid excuse my french
So i had a low lever of coolant in my car even tough they are minus 18 Celcius degress outside at nights
I started my car today and went to pick up a friend when i got the overheating error
I pulled over imidiatly and called a mecanic friend there
Aperantly all of my hoses had ice in them and where frozen so water was not getting in to the car!
A a few hours later i picked it up from the same mecanic friend after he ''unfrozed'' it and the car was running just fine!
A few hours later i started to smeel coolant inside and i could notice that the hole after the glpove compartment was liking coolant!
Soon ive got steam in the car and i couldnt see nothing, i pulled over and also the low coolant warning came on!
Cant see nothing anymore true the windows and the smeel is very strong
Did the heater cracked from being frozzen? Mecanic says is the pipe even tough he dint look at it since the incident today i spoke to him by phone
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2016, 02:14 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 05' 760li,94' H1,08'Smart
From what you say about steam being inside the car.At the very least you ruptured the pipe/Hose connecting the heater core. The worst case scenario is that you ruptured the heater core itself. Either way both jobs are fairly time-consuming. Check the do-it-yourself section. And you may be able to find information on how to change it out. In the meantime you're not going to be able to drive the car.

-18 Celsius obviously will freeze water. But it should not have frozen the proper mixture of anti-freeze. After you finish the job make sure you flush/drain the system and add the correct mixture of anti-freeze suggested for the coldest temperature in your area. Mixing information will be on the container.

Last edited by Rick in Yuma; 01-23-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:18 PM

Can i find the do it yourselff tuturiol on this forum?
Im kind of new here , it would help to see what im facing!
I know the the entire dashboard must comne off
Thank you
Had only 1.5 liters of antifrezze in it that was my mistake!

Last edited by Alexandra-Ro; 01-23-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:25 PM

I'll do a quick search for you. Use the search button at the top of the seven series E66 heading. also you'll see a DYI section http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36 also search that. And do a search in the general section you're in right now. Just use simple terms to start like "heater core"

Last edited by Rick in Yuma; 01-23-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:34 PM

Here is a good tech document to look at first.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...0&d=1353378307
Old 01-25-2016, 07:11 AM

Thank i have tokeed a look at that and it was helpfull
Could sombody advise on what exacly must be taken out? i know the dashboard must come of completly, must i take out teh center resting heand console also?
How exacly can i acces and talke out the heater core
Cant find anything on youtube to go all the wya to the heater core
Thank you

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Today's Posts Search